Retained List

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

Bit off-topic, but on the subject of Elder, I do think there's still plenty to come from him. I concede we've only seen flashes of ability to date, but I've a hunch he may yet prove to be a far better player than some credit.

He's obviously had his issues this season, but I'd not be surprised to see a different player if he can put his injury niggles behind him. If he can, then that also opens up the possibility of Sibley playing in a more advanced position. FWIW and counter-intuitive as it may sound, I'd fancy Louie more in an attacking role at Championship level, than at L1.

Regardless of position, I'd be delighted to see Sibley in our team next season.

6 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

I'd fancy Louie more in an attacking role at Championship level, than at L1.

I think maybe he just needs the right players around him - it’s more to do with that than to do with the level he’s playing at.

I don’t think he’s ever been part of an attacking unit that suits him - not in the first team anyway. 

17 hours ago, Anag Ram said:

I haven’t seen anything from Elder to suggest he’s a Championship player. Looks a bang average squad player to me.

He has looked good whenever he’s been on the pitch. He just needs a run without injuries. 

People are overlooking just how challenging it is to be in and out of a team and yet whenever he came on he didn’t look out of place. 

I think he played one shakey back pass in an earlier game and other than that he was absolutely solid. 

I can’t understand the criticism. I think he’s an upgrade on Fozzy as a LB/LWB. I think they’re similar players but I think Elder is technically better on the ball. 

If Warne goes 352 next season I wouldn’t have too many complaints if it looked like this on game one: 

Nyambe Nelson Cash 

Ward.                                  Elder 

Think Nyambes pace means you could worry less about Ward being the worse defender out of him and Wilson. 

Id want us to have 4 solid wing backs if we’re playing them and I’d want us to do what Mac1 used to do with his wingers. First pair of wingers 60-65 mins then swap them for fresh. 

22 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

Does anyone know when it’s being announced?

I don't know but the list has to be announced by the 3rd Saturday in May as Caerphilly said. 

IMO, nobody would have been told they were out of the club prior to the Vegas trip, PWs not that type of guy. He will speak to the players this week, now they are back and I expect the list to be out sometime in the week.

Is the delay due to some ‘key’ players holding out for a better deal? Wildsmith and maybe Sibley spring to mind. 

It does seem for whatever reason that we’re sitting on this topic, would be surprised if there’s no particular reason for it.

On 10/05/2024 at 19:00, kevinhectoring said:

I think maybe he just needs the right players around him - it’s more to do with that than to do with the level he’s playing at.

I don’t think he’s ever been part of an attacking unit that suits him - not in the first team anyway. 

What do you think he needs to suit him?

28 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

Is the delay due to some ‘key’ players holding out for a better deal? Wildsmith and maybe Sibley spring to mind. 

It does seem for whatever reason that we’re sitting on this topic, would be surprised if there’s no particular reason for it.

What delay?

1 hour ago, TomTom92 said:

Or maybe it's just because they've been in Vegas til the middle of last week?