Derby County Football Club

7 hours ago, Day said:

It’s time to change my username. There is only one David round here and it ain’t me.

David

Break that into 2, Day vid

Keep it short, Day

Why not Dave? I hate it.

Hope that explains that.

All clear as night and Day. 

Life is too short when you are in your late 60s. I will, fingers crossed, relish this Saturday. I along with 10s of 1000s Rams fans were spoilt in the 1970s. We haven't had much to celebrate in the last 20 years or so.Embrace it. Pride Park will have 30000 very proud people there this Saturday. If,sorry,when we get promoted I am not ashamed to say I will be blubbing with happiness come 2.30pm. DTID!

2 minutes ago, Day said:

I had hair back then. I added the o to make it sound more cool. 

Name Variations to consider:

Dafydd (Welsh)

Daihbi (Irish)

Daividh (Scottish)

Daoud (Arabic)

Dauf (Arabic)

Davide (French)

Davidde (Italian)

Davito (Spanish)

Dave (but essex)

Dave (but brum)

When you think we were a week away from going under it does put everything else into perspective. I do think once David has moved on  as chairman, so it is appropriate, that there should be considerations for a statue or at the very least a stand named after the man who saved us from oblivion. He'll be an excellent custodian of the club as he seems to have been thus far and we're really fortunate to have him as our owner. 

On 24/04/2024 at 17:43, Scott129 said:

I am shocked that that compilation doesn't include Ed Dawes' very emotional speech from when we were saved - voice cracking and everything.

For some reason, that's the bit I remember most.

Me too.  I remember having a couple of pints on the Friday night - OK, a bit more than a couple.  On the Saturday morning I listened back to the Sportscene show while doing my morning dog walk.  When Ed broke, I broke.  I was walking round the village with tears running down my cheeks.  It was the same when I listened to the interview with David Clowes 1 year on.

The thing is, it’s more than the football.  I’ve made new friends through Derby County with the people I sit with.  During COVID, in some ways I missed a couple of beers and the banter as much as I missed the match. If wasn’t for The Rams we would probably never have met, yet here we are 20+ years later.  Sadly, we lost one of our little group earlier this year.  So come on Derby, let’s get this done for those who are here, and our absent friends!!

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

On 24/04/2024 at 18:36, eccles the ram said:

Life is too short when you are in your late 60s. I will, fingers crossed, relish this Saturday. I along with 10s of 1000s Rams fans were spoilt in the 1970s. We haven't had much to celebrate in the last 20 years or so.Embrace it. Pride Park will have 30000 very proud people there this Saturday. If,sorry,when we get promoted I am not ashamed to say I will be blubbing with happiness come 2.30pm. DTID!

I was there at QPR 2 seasons ago when relegation was confirmed and there was a mix of emotions; sorrow but mixed with pride at the fight we’d put up against enormous odds. I’m not ashamed to say I teared up that day. We’ve come a long way in that time; we have a brilliant owner, a manager who, despite my reservations about his style is on the brink of fulfilling the brief given to him, a feeling of togetherness and a club healing after years of chaos and excess. 
If we get it over the line on Saturday I will very definitely be shedding a tear or two. 😢

27 minutes ago, Jayram said:

I was there at QPR 2 seasons ago when relegation was confirmed and there was a mix of emotions; sorrow but mixed with pride at the fight we’d put up against enormous odds. I’m not ashamed to say I teared up that day. We’ve come a long way in that time; we have a brilliant owner, a manager who, despite my reservations about his style is on the brink of fulfilling the brief given to him, a feeling of togetherness and a club healing after years of chaos and excess. 
If we get it over the line on Saturday I will very definitely be shedding a tear or two. 😢

I was exactly the same at QPR, we knew it was coming but when it was confirmed it was a horrible sinking feeling and I too shed a tear. And then we carried on singing and clapped Wayne and the boys off in a great show of unity.

There was a small group of home fans that had been barracking us all game but then actually applauded us at the end.