Derby County Football Club

13 minutes ago, MadAmster said:

1st of July.. when the commentary got to that bit, I welled up. Not ashamed of it. Just shows how much a part of me DCFC has been since my first game back in 1961. I don't think I'll be the only one to feel that emotion. 

Always have been, always will be... Derby Till I Die

Me too mate, like you say, it’s a way of life 🐏 

Paramedics called.  ✔️
Rushed to A&E.  ✔️
Transferred to ICU.  ✔️
Went into a coma.  ✔️
Had the last rites read.  ✔️
Switching off life support considered and rejected.  ✔️
Miraculous recovery evident.  ✔️
Derby County Death Party cancelled.  ✔️
Recovery continues to improve at a quite remarkable rate.  ✔️
Currently sitting in the despatch lounge, awaiting transport home.  ✔️

Bit of delay... should hopefully be home by Saturday... TBC.  🙏
Welcome home party provisionally booked for Saturday evening.  All welcome.  Bring several bottles. 🍾🍾🍾

#we're on our way

praise-the-lord-z0steatnx84ulzpo.gif

33 minutes ago, Day said:

It’s time to change my username. There is only one David round here and it ain’t me.

David

Break that into 2, Day vid

Keep it short, Day

Why not Dave? I hate it.

Hope that explains that.

Alright Dave.☺️

4 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Emotionally gearing up for the massive weekend ahead 🙏🏻 Again, thank you David for saving our club 

Jeez ,, almost brought tears listening to the above, really puts Saturday into perspective 

2 hours ago, Archied said:

Jeez ,, almost brought tears listening to the above, really puts Saturday into perspective 

The bit that makes me blink, is D.C retelling the story of how he got the nod on a London business trip, him and wife welling up in tears on the tube; yep we’ve all been there, it’s that realisation of a special moment just happened, that causes full grown men to blink hard, as something is in their eyes.

Great reminder @BuckoBeast

8 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Again, thank you David for saving our club 

Love the man. Properly down to earth and humble, but there's a steely determination that's palpable and you can tell what was in part, an act of mercy, has now now morphed into a grander vision. Far from feeling the pressure and weight of fan expectation, the man seems positively enthused. Seems to me he's loving it really and I did worry about that a little. That said, he is a fan himself, so he's every right to feel chuffed!

As for the vision, well it seems that these days more than ever, sustainability is absolutely key to a successful football operation, so to hear him echo that ethos is also really reassuring. It's not sexy, but for me, above and beyond all other considerations, are the checks and balances that ensure we never make the same mistakes again. And talking of mistakes, I really hope I'm not wrong again, as Clowes does seem to me at least to be the perfect custodian for this grand old club of ours. Please can I not be wrong again!

In all seriousness, I do have enormous faith in the man. Listening to him talk, I think it's safe to assume that there won't be the overnight change that some seem to expect, but rather incremental growth, built on solid foundations. I get that some folk want to see us challenging in the Championship straight away*, why wouldn't they, but slow and steady is all music to my ears, as I believe that a more measured and strategic plan is far more likely to yield longer term success, than the bang or bust approach adopted by so many clubs these days. And if Clowes, whose first year losses amounted to £7 million, is prepared to be patient enough to build this club back up the right way, as well as footing the bill, surely the fan base should be too? It's food for thought.

*Irrespective, we do still have a game to negotiate on Saturday and hopefully all the players and coaching staff are fully focussed on that right now, as this is potentially a huge step back towards whence we came and if any supporters are due a party, it's us lot 😋

COYBR

Edited by Comrade 86

8 hours ago, BuckoBeast said:

Emotionally gearing up for the massive weekend ahead 🙏🏻 Again, thank you David for saving our club 

I am shocked that that compilation doesn't include Ed Dawes' very emotional speech from when we were saved - voice cracking and everything.

For some reason, that's the bit I remember most.