It's Our Moment

3 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

Can you imagine what that season would have been like if we'd had social media/this forum?!

'Smith out' after four matches with only two points.

'John Harkes is stealing a living.'

'Why is he playing 3-4-1-2? That's never been done before, so must be bad'

All those draws in Jan and Feb would have created an intense debate whether it was good to keep the unbeaten run going or two points dropped.  

The feeling on the way home from Tranmere was so strange - we'd been thrashed but I'd seen a football god playing in the second tier and for little old Derby.

Anyway that's enough reminiscing. Let's create some more memories next week. COYR

To be fair Harkes was stealing a living and the Bald Eagle agreed 😅

1 minute ago, i-Ram said:

He’ll be belting out something for sure.

Now that's a vision I DO NOT want floating in my head, especially just after breakfast.

I missed the late 70’s glory years and starting supporting The Rams in the 70s so the mid to late 80s and late 90s are my glory years.  But if we get over the line next week it feels like this one would mean more.  I put that down partly to being a little bit older (not necessarily wiser!!) and the amazing turn round in 2 years.  2 years ago, we were a week away from going bust.  Now we’re a week away from a potential return to the championship 🤞.

If it happens @DarkFruitsRam7, enjoy and saviour every moment.

Edited by FlyBritishMidland

17 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

Can you imagine what that season would have been like if we'd had social media/this forum?!

'Smith out' after four matches with only two points.

'John Harkes is stealing a living.'

'Why is he playing 3-4-1-2? That's never been done before, so must be bad'

All those draws in Jan and Feb would have created an intense debate whether it was good to keep the unbeaten run going or two points dropped.  

The feeling on the way home from Tranmere was so strange - we'd been thrashed but I'd seen a football god playing in the second tier and for little old Derby.

Anyway that's enough reminiscing. Let's create some more memories next week. COYR

Yep Igor would have had same as Bradley this year

1 hour ago, angieram said:

I'd think us oldies ought to appreciate it even more, we don't know how many more chances to celebrate life we've got! 

And not all the naysayers are old - that there @Millenniumram is a kid, but he's a right miserable bugger! 😉

Anyway, just wanted to say I'm loving it and know plenty more who know how to live in the moment and enjoy it.

COYR! 

My Dad is in his 80s, so he’s seen the League titles, European run etc etc. He was alive when we won the FA Cup! But he’s so tense/excited at the moment that he can’t sleep!

19 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I missed the late 70’s glory years and starting supporting The Rams in the 70s so the mid to late 80s and late 90s are my glory years.  But if we get over the line next week it feels like this one would mean more.  I put that down partly to being a little bit older (not necessarily wiser!!) and the amazing turn round in 2 years.  2 years ago, we were a week away from going bust.  Now we’re a week away from a potential return to the championship 🤞.

If it happens @DarkFruitsRam7, enjoy and saviour every moment.

Exactly. Our club probably deserves Premier league but promotions don't come along very often in the life of a football fan. As you say, enjoy every moment 

3 hours ago, maydrakin said:

Anybody under the age of 27/28 has never witnessed an automatic promotion for Derby County.

Quite a sobering thought, really.

That’s the position I am in. I was ‘around’ for the promotion in 96 but too young to remember or appreciate it. And although I’ve technically been to the BBG, too young to appreciate it again.

For those who witnessed previous successes, I have nothing but jealousy. But for people like me, my entire experience of Derby County has been misery, disappointment and heartbreak. Where I grew up, it was all Premier League clubs, nobody even supported the ‘nearest’ professional team because Plymouth was still too far away. I’d go into school on sports days in my Derby County shirt, and get laughed at by those wearing United, Liverpool or Arsenal shirts.

To experience success, an outpouring of joy and probably relief,  at Pride Park, is going to be special.

I’m sure lots of people here have other interests outside of football and Derby County, I don’t really. I’m not really into other sports, for me football & this club is everything. Since Covid really, it’s been hard. From not being able to go to watch, to then being plunged into administration & feeling like we were kind of Death Row waiting for the inevitable was very, very hard.

We’re going to do the job on Saturday and I can’t even begin to imagine how good that’s going to feel. 

@DarkFruitsRam7  As someone old enough to have witnessed 2 League Division 1 Championships, a victory over the 'ammers at Wembley, I can see you've managed the "tired and weary" bit. I've not always been enamoured by the style but we look like we've had sufficient good results, in a results based business, to have earned the step back up to the SBC. I've "accepted" the style as it's PWs tried and trusted method of escaping this League. It's a recipe that looks like it's going to work. Our 3rd ever stint at the 3rd level and looking like it'll be our 3rd 2nd season promotion.

To all you young uns that haven't experienced the absolute brilliance of the sweet smell of success, I say, breathe it in, hold it in, commit every jump, every shout, every tingle of the spine, every hug from fans, most of whom you don't know to undeletable memory banks. I can still remember where I was when we won in '72. In the Swan Hotel, Burton listening to the L**ds commo on a transistor radio. There when we won it at '75 at Maine Road. Most other successes were enjoyed remotely as I moved abroad in '84. 

Whatever your age, savour each and every moment. Next Saturday promises to be one of the best days of your life.

COME ON EWE RAMS!!

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

That’s the position I am in. I was ‘around’ for the promotion in 96 but too young to remember or appreciate it. And although I’ve technically been to the BBG, too young to appreciate it again.

For those who witnessed previous successes, I have nothing but jealousy. But for people like me, my entire experience of Derby County has been misery, disappointment and heartbreak. Where I grew up, it was all Premier League clubs, nobody even supported the ‘nearest’ professional team because Plymouth was still too far away. I’d go into school on sports days in my Derby County shirt, and get laughed at by those wearing United, Liverpool or Arsenal shirts.

To experience success, an outpouring of joy and probably relief,  at Pride Park, is going to be special.

I’m sure lots of people here have other interests outside of football and Derby County, I don’t really. I’m not really into other sports, for me football & this club is everything. Since Covid really, it’s been hard. From not being able to go to watch, to then being plunged into administration & feeling like we were kind of Death Row waiting for the inevitable was very, very hard.

We’re going to do the job on Saturday and I can’t even begin to imagine how good that’s going to feel. 

Are you sure nobody supported Plymouth simply because they were really really s*** in the 90s?!

3 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Since Covid really, it’s been hard. From not being able to go to watch, to then being plunged into administration & feeling like we were kind of Death Row waiting for the inevitable was very, very hard.

This. I truly thought we were going in admin. Everyone always says it'll take a big club to go before anything changes and I thought we were it. Added to that the terrible stuff we were going through with my dad's dementia (his first awful episode was the night we went into admin) and it was really rock bottom.  Have felt quite emotional many times at PP since Christmas because of what going up represents and it hit me again yesterday at the game esp as Camb away was first match dad took me to. I cannot imagine what it feels like for David Clowes and his family.

I dont care if other teams mock us if we do go up and celebrate it as if we've won the champions league as its not just the promotion and until it happens to their team in the same way they will never understand.

COYR 🐏🐏

1 hour ago, Reggie Greenwood said:

Happy Birthday @Ellafella 🍻 I have 5 years on you and grew up thinking we would be the Champions of England virtually every other year. I’ve seen the good times and bad since my first game in 1970 but still celebrate every win whether it’s 4-1 v Real Madrid or a 0-1 at Cambridge in League one. COYRS 🐏🐏🐏

Thanks @Reggie Greenwood for your kind words. Great to hear your philosophy on victory; I really like your forum name & of course remember Reggie Greenwood playing for us. 

15 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Winning the prem will never happen, to much money in it(although we could do a leicester)but hopefully going up as champions in 2 or 3 years.

39 minutes ago, SaffyRam said:

My Dad is in his 80s, so he’s seen the League titles, European run etc etc. He was alive when we won the FA Cup! But he’s so tense/excited at the moment that he can’t sleep!

His excitement may be attributable to the  1968\69 season when we won league 2 with Sir Brian, for so many seasons Derby had been nowhere, then all of a sudden it was as though someone had waved a magic wand and all our football dreams came true. It was one of those "you had to be there moments" I remember thinking, at the time, that things like this didn't happen to Derby County but they did. 😀 

Having seen the changes in our fortunes there's a feeling, deep deep down, that this might happen again. 

Yes I know things have changed and money rules football but facts and sats cannot compete with dreams. 

COYR

8 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

His excitement may be attributable to the  1968\69 season when we won league 2 with Sir Brian, for so many seasons Derby had been nowhere, then all of a sudden it was as though someone had waved a magic wand and all our football dreams came true. It was one of those "you had to be there moments" I remember thinking, at the time, that things like this didn't happen to Derby County but they did. 😀 

Having seen the changes in our fortunes there's a feeling, deep deep down, that this might happen again. 

Yes I know things have changed and money rules football but facts and sats cannot compete with dreams. 

COYR

My first season watching the rams, you can understand my love of the rams after that.

I'm 30 and kind of enjoyed the billy davies years at the age of 13-14 but it wasn't the prime age to really savour it. It is the first really big bit of success we've had as supporters and we should treasure it. Yes it's the third division but it doesn't matter. Considering what happened at the club two years ago and we almost went bust it makes this promotion extra special. We should all be singing our hearts out next Saturday as we finally confirm an automatic promotion!