It's Our Moment

I have 3 promotions under my belt and this will be the first one where i haven't been there in the ground when it happens (assuming it happens - too superstitious to count my chickens). But if it happens on Saturday, I will savour it every bit as much as the others - regardless of the division, its a huge achievement. it was when Arthur Cox's side did it and it will be again when Paul Warnes side do it. COYBR

1 hour ago, B4’s Sister said:

@Archied Forum regulars will know that for some of us there is more riding on Saturday than securing the points for promotion. It feels very much a tribute to those who aren’t here who have stuck with DCFC through thick and thin. 

I’m really excited as I haven’t seen a DCFC promotion. When I last held a season ticket Derby were in the Premier League. I can’t imagine just how excited Daniel would be right now, but I bet he would be saying “I told you they would do it”

I’ll be thinking of you and your dad on Saturday ❤️🐏

I'll be thinking of B4 - I'm pretty sure he's had a word with the big man...

Dear Paul Simpson, hope you are reading this blog and still have some love for Derby County (the team you made most appearances during your 679 playing career total). Please do not turn up at Pride Park with the intention of ruining the party. Play your fringe players and youngsters, get them ready for next season in League Two.

Afterwards (providing Carlisle do not win) go and milk the applause from the Derby Fans, whom a lot of them will remember you playing for the Rams in the Artur Cox/Roy McFarland/Jim Smith times.

24 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Dear Paul Simpson, hope you are reading this blog and still have some love for Derby County (the team you made most appearances during your 679 playing career total). Please do not turn up at Pride Park with the intention of ruining the party. Play your fringe players and youngsters, get them ready for next season in League Two.

Afterwards (providing Carlisle do not win) go and milk the applause from the Derby Fans, whom a lot of them will remember you playing for the Rams in the Artur Cox/Roy McFarland/Jim Smith times.

Was going to say Carlisle fans might not like him milking it, but I expect they'll buy into the party atmosphere. Unless they've turned on him this season - anyone know?

21 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Was going to say Carlisle fans might not like him milking it, but I expect they'll buy into the party atmosphere. Unless they've turned on him this season - anyone know?

Unless it`s a team we have bad history with, then seeing them get promoted, even during such an awful season for us, is
something I`d be happy for them if it happened. Derby have been down in L1 a while now, and if they go up, they`ll have
earnt it, and their fans will be ecstatic after the match.

Which means they`re less likely to want to beat any of us up, and any of ours who are in Derby afterwards, would probably
have a great time enjoying the celebrations with them, into the night, and might not even have to pay for drinks !

I like this side of football, when 2 sets of fans can come together, and just enjoy the game, and those special moments.

Exactly!
I really can't understand why people feel bitterness towards another club simply because they've done well and have got promoted?
I met a few Derby fans in 'Spoons' before our home clash with them earlier this season, and they were as sound as a pound, even taking the 'Mickey' out of a mate of mine because he is Scottish (nowt wrong with that, is there ??)
If we had some sort of rivalry with them then fair enough, but ............'DERBY COUNTY!!!!!!!!', they couldn't even beat us when they won the 1st Div (Premier League) title all those years ago. 
Anyway, we're stopping in Derby over the weekend, so looking forward to sinking a few pints with them afterwards.
COYB

TAKEN OFF THE CARLISLE FC FORUM

6 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

'DERBY COUNTY!!!!!!!!', they couldn't even beat us when they won the 1st Div (Premier League) title all those years ago. 

Just realised, there will probably be a few of their fans at the game on Saturday who saw us win it in 1975 too!

Very much hope @DarkFruitsRam7is right with this fine thread and hasn't gone too soon. And, yes, I was going to post Martine too, but beaten to it. And a big happy birthday to @Ellafella

Our moments seem so very rare because we do have an amazing propensity to throw it away at the death. Because of which I'm a little surprised at the confidence on the forum this last couple of weeks - but so far justified. I'm not counting any chickens until the fat lady has sung at Pride Park on Saturday. After which I hope to revel with the rest of you in a perfect moment. I've only seen two promotions live before - Palace and the playoffs. Very much hoping for a hattrick! 

As I can't post Martine, here's a much more inspiring vocal to get Rams pulses racing. For this one moment in time... 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Very much hope @DarkFruitsRam7is right with this fine thread and hasn't gone too soon. And, yes, I was going to post Martine too, but beaten to it. And a big happy birthday to @Ellafella

Our moments seem so very rare because we do have an amazing propensity to throw it away at the death. Because of which I'm a little surprised at the confidence on the forum this last couple of weeks - but so far justified. I'm not counting any chickens until the fat lady has sung at Pride Park on Saturday. After which I hope to revel with the rest of you in a perfect moment. I've only seen two promotions live before - Palace and the playoffs. Very much hoping for a hattrick! 

As I can't post Martine, here's a much more inspiring vocal to get Rams pulses racing. For this one moment in time... 

I have just been thinking, I hope I haven't gone too early. I'm having horrible visions of being rinsed on Twitter by Forest fans, like @David was by Leeds a few years back (still my favourite day ever).

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

13 hours ago, Ellafella said:

Thanks @Reggie Greenwood for your kind words. Great to hear your philosophy on victory; I really like your forum name & of course remember Reggie Greenwood playing for us. 

Happy birthday @Ellafella 

10 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

On being a parent, my mum has given me her ticket for Carlisle, bless her. 

Mums do epic stuff. Gotta love your mum.

15 hours ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I have just been thinking, I hope I haven't gone too early. I'm having horrible visions of being rinsed on Twitter by Forest fans, like @David was by Leeds a few years back (still my favourite day ever).

Regardless of result on Saturday, I will always be here to abuse you 😘

I have seen two automatics under Arthur Cox one play off final win. Missed TBE promotion because I was playing football on Saturday afternoons then and watched god knows how many failed play off attempts. Sadly I will not be going on Saturday and I’m not counting ones chickens yet. 
Rest assured I will be on my phone or if it’s on RamsTV I may even watch on their if I can get a good internet connection (my missus will be please).

Good luck on Saturday and I hope we make it across the line and everyone celebrations are just as good as the ones I had back in the 80’s. 
COYR’s

18 hours ago, plymouthram said:

He might as well start the bounce too 😂

On 21/04/2024 at 06:33, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

The thought of Derby going up and England winning the Euros this summer is a bit too much to bear. I think I'd self-combust.

The only thing standing between you and conflagration is Gareth Southgate. Let’s just hope there are no letters this time 

I have been taking my son to the match since he was 5. His first match was 2018. In the six seasons he's been watching Derby, he's gone to Wembley to watch Derby in a play-off final - one goal away from the Premier League. He's seen Derby play (on Rams TV) in an empty stadium during a pandemic. He's seen Derby escape relegation on the last game of the season in a 3-3 draw with a dramatic twist in the last 5 minutes. He's seen Derby go into administration, docked 21 points and be (as it turned out) 7 days away from not existing at all. He's seen Derby relegated to the 3rd tier. He's seen Derby, two weeks before the start of the season, with 5 registered players. He's seen Derby miss out on the play-offs on the last game of the season with some dodgy refereeing. He's now seeing Derby 1 draw away from promotion.

It's never dull at Derby.