Top 5 all time favourite tv themes

8 hours ago, Kinder said:

Littlest Hobo would be my first choice. Also Minder, Knight Rider, Twin Peaks, Peaky Blinders and Stranger Things. I watched the first series of ST in the middle of the night when I had insomnia and it still sends a chill down my spine.

Can you really count Peaky Blinders?

12 hours ago, angieram said:

Dangerman

Fireball XL5

When the Boat Comes In

Cheers gets a mention from me, too. We are currently re-watching it, racist, sexist but very funny.

Remember watching When the Boat Comes in as a kid with my mum, mid 70’s was it, doesn’t seem that long ago 😊

20 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

Was Going Home by Mark Knopfler used as a theme to a footy programme?  I seem to recall it was when they first started showing top flight live football regularly?  Love that piece of music.

It's the theme to a great film called Local Hero

13 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

80s kids TV version:

Bertha

Willy Fog

Dogtanian

Rentaghost

Pigeon Street

No Danger Mouse, Jamie and His Magic Torch, Supergran or Chorlton and The Wheelies??

Some good suggestions on here though... Twin Peaks and Stranger Things are really memorable and evocative. 

Plus Miss Marple (with those 2 scary women peering out the window) and Dick Turpin.

3 hours ago, TimRam said:

The Professionals

Hammer House of Horror series

World in Action

Match of the Day

Weekend World

I never watched World in Action or Weekend World...just liked the theme! I found the images during the World in Action opening credits quite scary being a kid wondering "was the world really like that away from our street?".

Surprised I seem to be the first with some of these, but off the top of me head...

1. Game of Thrones

2. The Sopranos

3. Battlestar Galactica

4. Cowboy Beebop

5. Joe90

Honorary mentions to Flashing Blade (good fun) Children of the Stones (terrifying)! and Murphys Mob 😁

7 minutes ago, RebelScum said:

Surprised I seem to be the first with some of these, but off the top of me head...

1. Game of Thrones

2. The Sopranos

3. Battlestar Galactica

4. Cowboy Beebop

5. Joe90

Honorary mentions to Flashing Blade (good fun) Children of the Stones (terrifying)! and Murphys Mob 😁

Agree re Children of the Stones!

Edited by TimRam