Nonsense you grew up believing

36 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Didn’t have a car growing up but my uncle did. One night he took me for a drive and I got to sit in the front seat. When we went down unlit roads he showed me how he could turn the cats eyes on and off! I was dead impressed but also slightly bemused how this would affect other drivers. Took me many years to work out what was happening 🙄

26 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I'm trying to figure this one out, do tell!

He turned the lights off 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, mozza said:

Methinks Darkfruits has issues with eyes..

Hold on. Some things our parents told us were true. Maybe it's just a Sheffield thing.

I was told by my parents that an electric blanket would frazzle you to death and/or dehydrate you to death and/or catch fire and burn you to death, if it was left on overnight while you slept ... one night my mum woke me angrily and told me she was turning it off.

For years I thought of it as a near death experience and that she had literally saved my life.

On 08/04/2024 at 11:41, NottsRam said:

If you pull a face and the wind changes direction you'll stay like it.  

I was going to say this one.

Also,

- (I have moles/birth marks) and if they got caught, scratched, or picked, I'd bleed to death! Led to years of panic when play fighting and someone caught the massive mole on my body

- anyone who had a painting of the crying boy in their living room would suddenly have their house burn down

- if you peeped at Santa Claus as he put your presents at the end of the bed, he'd take them all away

- if you were in the road and a car came, no way would the driver stop and avoid killing you, the driver would run you over, no matter if he/she knew you were there! 😄

- I also used to panic if the engine was running and my dad got out of the car, I couldn't understand 'Neutral'

On 10/04/2024 at 17:19, Chester40 said:

I was told by my parents that an electric blanket would frazzle you to death and/or dehydrate you to death and/or catch fire and burn you to death, if it was left on overnight while you slept ... one night my mum woke me angrily and told me she was turning it off.

For years I thought of it as a near death experience and that she had literally saved my life.

she was right , my dads friend had a party at his house , and one of the people stopping over had an electric blanket and it was left on and burned part of his house down. luckily no one was injured.

On 11/04/2024 at 20:07, Jimbo Ram said:

That eating cheese before bedtime would give you nightmares 🧀

that is indeed true. Makes your mind very acting during sleep thus possibility of nightmares