Match Thread: vs Bolton Wanderers (H)

46 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Yes, but those two are on the near side where they would not have been able to see any contact between the ball and Waghorn's arm. .

They’re both diagonally in front and watching the ball’s path towards the net. Not sure how you can say with certainty that they wouldn’t have been able to see any contact? Unusual to appeal for a hand you haven’t see. But the goal stood, so UTR!.

1 minute ago, ap04 said:

My sincere apologies for not being precise enough, it registers it as a 0.0something.

It should count as good as a goal for analysis purposes, it was a matter of inches and the kepper was beat.

No unbalanced inaccurate assessments especially after unjust results.

New Hampshire Gop GIF by GIPHY News

2 hours ago, ap04 said:

Sounds like you only saw the stats, I'll sum it up for you but if you watched the game or the extended ignore it. We had one chance in the entire second half -you read that right- plus two half-chances in the first, nothing else of note; the other way keeper pulled two worldies, they hit the bar and came close at least a couple more times (50'-64'). Now I would agree the above against a tough opponent is "solid" if we were mid-table or lower, for an aspiring top 2/3 side at home I would call it "a stinker".

So be humble, accept we got the rub of the green (as has been the case numerous times this season, I make it win #9 where we haven't been the better side - 18 points right there for those who like their points and ppgs), be grateful for the result and move on, no need to get all snidey. Spare the gloating and glorifying for when we are actually decent and worthy winners, not after smash-and-grabs on our own turf. My tuppence anyway.

Right - now you’ve done condescending somebody who was there as he is every match I’ll refer you to xG which showed us having a higher xG.

They had that shocking miss from the header - we had Curtis miss a free header from 8 yards in between the posts. 

They had that shot Wildsmith saved well. We had our goal. 

Chances were few and far between. Other than their chance in the first half and the last 2 minutes of injury time we were completely comfortable until half time despite losing our focal point. 

They played a better brand of football and on another day they take one of their two big chances and we find it tough. On another day we score the header from Curtis and it puts more pressure on them. 

At the end of the day they had to bring the game to us. A draw wouldn’t have cut the mustard for them whereas a draw would have been fine for us. 

Look back at my previous posts since about November 2022 to find my thoughts on our performances under Warne. Im certainly not a happy clapper. Im vocally critical but we did an absolute number on Bolton yesterday. 

17 minutes ago, ap04 said:

My sincere apologies for not being precise enough, it registers it as a 0.0something.

It should count as good as a goal for analysis purposes, it was a matter of inches and the kepper was beat.

If you were the better team, why didn't you just win the game?

Anyway, best of luck in the playoffs.

2 hours ago, Wanderlust said:

OK just for you, it was handball.

But the reality is we created the better chances and didn't take them, and a lot of credit has to go to your goalie. Equally, the responsibility lies with our strikers who are simply not as ruthless as our usual starters, especially Dion Charles.

As I mentioned during the match when we were battering you but couldn't score in a brothel, it was obvious that you'd get a scabby goal to win it which you did, but that's football folks - you don't always get what you deserve, and we didn't deserve to lose that, not that you care.

The irony is that it was Kane Wilson who was credited with the goal - a player we'd agreed a fee with Brizzle to sign, but didn't in the end as his personal terms and wage demands were too high for us, so he came to you instead.

Anyhoo, onwards and sideways.....

Can you list all of your clear cut chances?
Between the boxes you were better than us but the free header Wildsmith clawed out and the shot Wildsmith did a great save against are all I can remember. You created other chances but just bog standard chances where we’d have been disappointed to concede. 

On the other hand we missed a free header from within the posts from 8 yards out and we scored a goal. 

As I say you were much better between the boxes but that isn’t where games are won and lost. We showed why we’ve got the best defence in the division and then did enough with our limited chances.

We have the best goal difference in the league you know. The joint most wins too. 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

yes they created the best chances and we created very few of note but to describe it as “a stinker” is just beyond belief. 

Which bit do you find hard to believe? 3 attacks of note at home all game is extraordinary in itself for an autos contender.

Bolton are by all accounts a +1.5 side, maybe a +2. They created 2 chances aggregate more than us, making us a 0. That's mid-table, if you then take away home advantage -questionable for us this year- it's almost a relegation candidate type of performance.

30 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Which bit do you find hard to believe? 3 attacks of note at home all game is extraordinary in itself for an autos contender.

Bolton are by all accounts a +1.5 side, maybe a +2. They created 2 chances aggregate more than us, making us a 0. That's mid-table, if you then take away home advantage -questionable for us this year- it's almost a relegation candidate type of performance.

What a load of...image.png.06189c6b694f2b317587572e2c5487db.png

39 minutes ago, ap04 said:

So, a hard fought win against a fellow promotion rival, only 1 point behind us, is a stinker and relegation candidate type of performance? Comedy gold.

What on earth do you mean “Bolton are by all accounts a +1.5 side, maybe a +2”? And by who’s account?

Edited by Tamworthram

51 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

They’re both diagonally in front and watching the ball’s path towards the net. Not sure how you can say with certainty that they wouldn’t have been able to see any contact? Unusual to appeal for a hand you haven’t see. But the goal stood, so UTR!.

It really isn't unusual for footballers to appeal for things that didn't happen, is it? Bolton players appealed for both the penalty and Wildsmith's sending off at their place and we know that neither decision was correct.

I think they were guessing about contact as much as I am about whether they actually saw contact. As I say, the ball didn't slow down, speed up or deviate as it passed "through" Waggy, so only he knows if ball touched skin and it didn't affect the flight of the ball or Bolton's chances of clearing it.

56 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Take another look at the highlights. “The keeper” wasn’t “beat”. Wildsmith was right underneath it and pulled his arms down as he could see it wasn’t going in under the bar.

43 minutes ago, ap04 said:

WE ARE ACTUALLY SECOND IN THE LEAGUE

I’ve had plenty of conversations/disagreements on the forum with people who don’t rate the manager and would like a change but I at least know they’re Derby fans wanting the best for their club…At this point I’m done dancing round the fact and am calling it plainly, I don’t think you’re a Derby fan at all. You have posted this rhetoric about “luck” and “deserved” for more than a few weeks now, downplaying any and all results we have achieved. I don’t think I’ve ever read a constructive or positive post from you. 

After 39 games we have more points than 22 other sides, have scored more goals than 20 other sides in the league, have conceded less goals than  22 other sides in this league, and have a better goal difference than all the 23 other sides in the league… at some point all of that has to indicate we deserve to be where we are even if there’s been good and bad luck along the way. 

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

What on earth do you mean “Bolton are by all accounts a +1.5 side, maybe a +2”? And by who’s account?

Net chances per game against the league's average opponent on neutral ground. By xG, demonstrably the best metric to evaluate past performance in the public domain once you haven't followed a team's games.

14 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

So, a hard fought win against a fellow promotion rival, only 1 point behind us, is a stinker and relegation candidate type of performance? Comedy gold.

Ignore the result mate, Wilson heading it in is just one moment of the performance, it doesn't "cancel" the remaining 95'.

7 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Take another look at the highlights. “The keeper” wasn’t “beat”. Wildsmith was right underneath it and pulled his arms down as he could see it wasn’t going in under the bar.

This is simply not true, he was nowhere near it.

5 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Net chances per game against the league's average opponent on neutral ground. By xG, demonstrably the best metric to evaluate past performance in the public domain once you haven't followed a team's games.

Ignore the result mate, Wilson heading it in is just one moment of the performance, it doesn't "cancel" the remaining 95'.

This is simply not true, he was nowhere near it.

You are Mark Clattenburg and I claim my £5.

57 minutes ago, ap04 said:

Seriously do you go to games? If you do are you this negative at those games? If you are then take your support elsewhere, we don’t need “supporters” like you. There are negative posters on here but most are reasoned in their views or they do give praise when it’s due. Your comments are beyond negative almost to the point where I’d question if the team you really support wears red and plays about 15 miles east of Derby.