v Charlton Athletic (H) Match Day Thread

Kernow

Soul destroying, it was OK for 40 mins, once we scored, we never looked capable of getting a second and allowed Charlton to find a way back into the game. Should have caught my train back at half time.  Got to go through it all again on Saturday crammed into a train full of PV fans.

Edited by Wistaston Ram

10 minutes ago, Jayram said:

It would be pointless to get shot of him now even if the owner was thinking of going down that road, which he isn't. The problem is if we are still in League One and Warne is still in charge at the end of the season I can see the club hemorrhaging ST holders and the attendances collapsing. Personally I'm not going to renew for £537 to watch more of this next season. 

I'm not renewing until I know for definite what league we're going to be in next season...

What are these players being told to do in training? Surely it’s not get it out wide and hope NML can pull something out his backside for hours a day? Cos if it’s not that then we’re either praying for a set piece or a bit of magic from somewhere. We’ve created absolutely nothing against a team that haven’t won since November.

We turn every game into a scrap as if we’re the underdogs which of course suits 90% of this torrid division down to the ground. Why play around them when we can try and out-battle teams that haven’t got half as much talent as us? Baffling. 

7 minutes ago, Black ('n' White) Sheep said:

Where's the Warne Out thread gone? I'm sick of it all... Sick of the dross he's got us playing week in, week out... Sick of his jokey persona and definitely sick at the thought of us being stuck in this s**t league for another 12 months!

Even when we're winning, more often than not, we're not playing well. 

100% agree 👍 

2 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yeah, but until those of you who feel so strongly opposed to Warne get organised and stage a protest, or take banners to the game, or pay for some flyers, or get a plane towing a banner to circle over pride park that’s not happening so rather than getting into that same circular debate I was just trying to look ahead to the next game. 

I’ve just sent a strongly worded email.

12 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

How did Warne actual plan on scoring in this game? Apart from a set-piece or bit of luck.

It started off quite well but Charlton responded by doubling out wide in defence and that was it. Absolutely nothing from the manager after that. That's all it took to stop our entire attacking play. 

is that not the entire season summarised? 

Just now, DRBee said:

Really ? Too defensive. Still the empty space in the middle of the pitch. Miserable number of goal attempts. Bird was poor and not playing as far forward as in some recent games. Little support for Gayle. ,  ... yes a ..great midfield tonight. .. 

Bird has been good recently but he was poor tonight …some may blame Ebou for second goal but he covers so much of the pitch and puts his body on the line he’s the first name on the team sheet in midfield for me also thought Sibs and Waggy were very ineffective Korey Smith was good tonight 

17 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Positives;

- some promising passing and movement in the first half, good attacking intent though admittedly without much of a cutting edge. 

- Gayle and Waghorn getting minutes will hopefully help with the striking situation.

- Cashin scored a lovely header.

- Smith did well in midfield with Adams.

Negatives;

- Rash decision from Wildsmith leading to the pen.

- Poor decision making and defending for the second.

- Once again unable to build on a lead and put a team away, worrying pattern.

- NML quiet and ineffective.

- Nyambe injured.

Feel pretty flat after that. ANOTHER another chance to “put it right” on Saturday at least 🤷🏻‍♂️ 

In the negatives,you forgot the bobblehat was still manager

Just now, Idiakez said:

What are these players being told to do in training? Surely it’s not get it out wide and hope NML can pull something out his backside for hours a day? Cos if it’s not that then we’re either praying for a set piece or a bit of magic from somewhere. We’ve created absolutely nothing against a team that haven’t won since November.

We turn every game into a scrap as if we’re the underdogs which of course suits 90% of this torrid division down to the ground. Why play around them when we can try and out-battle teams that haven’t got half as much talent as us? Baffling. 

I think it’s evident Warne isn’t a good coach. He may be a decent manager, but a coach he is not.

His motto will be to work harder than the opposition, and then let your natural talent win games.

But that only works when the opposition aren’t set up well.

The moment we play higher calibre coached teams we get found out.

Warne would be a disaster in the Championship with us as we might be able to work as hard as the rest, but we won’t have more talented players and we won’t be well coached. 

4 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Yeah, but until those of you who feel so strongly opposed to Warne get organised and stage a protest, or take banners to the game, or pay for some flyers, or get a plane towing a banner to circle over pride park that’s not happening so rather than getting into that same circular debate I was just trying to look ahead to the next game. 

Won't be doing that one  When the balls aimlessly hoofed skyward to avoid midfield against the worrying pace of Leyton Orient and hit's it, I lose my deposit

That was absolute tripe and the tactical decisions remain a mystery at times.

However in the past we’ve been able to turn things around after bad results.  I seriously hope we can do that again and soon as we’re seriously looking like going off the rails!

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Bird has been good recently but he was poor tonight …some may blame Ebou for second goal but he covers so much of the pitch and puts his body on the line he’s the first name on the team sheet in midfield for me also thought Sibs and Waggy were very ineffective Korey Smith was good tonight 

Remember it's always Hourihane holding him back. It's the law.

We started the match playing cute little balls and short quick passing which suited playing into gayle touch and move style which I haven't seen since the game vs Northampton which is probably some of the best football we've played 

Then second half we just resorted to lumping it up the pitch

Not taking men on in wide areas 

Long throwings (which i hate)

like we completely deviated from the game plan we started with but I've noticed if NML doesn't have a good game then we don't win

and why is Sonny Bradley our main goal theat now in the last 10 minutes of a game, we have to drop him in my opinion too much in balance and cashin is twice the centre back he is and he covers for him a lot due to bradleys lack of pace or maybe alertness... at 6ft5 he should be

A) Bullying strikers off the ball

B) scoring more headers from corners 

no point moaning about sacking Warne but we need to discuss... how do we cope without Collins?

Edited by TheRamOfSwad