Paul Warne

Day

57 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bit it isn't 3 games... He's been our manager for over 100 games. The discontent is based on the pattern over the vast majority of those games

He should already have a system in place and recruit players to fit it... not still trying to figure the best setup.

Play like today on  consisten basis and there will be no complaints. Even defeats like the Watford game are acceptable.

It is trickier than that, though.  You can build a half competent team on a shoestring, but you need to make additions each year to keep it going - or you need to pay a fortune for the easy win of buying who you want.

Last season was different in that we needed fewer high quality players - and more those suited to Lg1.  Now we need higher quality players.  

Secondly, this past window has been the first without restrictions.  Lots of managers would have been out moaning that they didn't sign so and so.  Warne just accepts it for what it is and gets on with it.

9 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

100% agree so after some posters moaning all week others will come and gloat a bit and I'm sure no one will mind.

And fair enough, at least you are honest about it, but for anyone to claim it's a one sided affair is just not true, it's hypocrisy.

People will have different opinions to me and if they are proven right then so be it, I'll eat as much humble pie as I can handle and be happy to do so.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

1 hour ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Bit it isn't 3 games... He's been our manager for over 100 games. The discontent is based on the pattern over the vast majority of those games

He should already have a system in place and recruit players to fit it... not still trying to figure the best setup.

Play like today on  consisten basis and there will be no complaints. Even defeats like the Watford game are acceptable.

Ive said it on another thread but today shows he has finally got a squad of players who do actually suit his style of play. 9 of the starting 11 were his signings.

It takem a few transfer windows but we can finally see what he actually wants us to play like.

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Ive said it on another thread but today shows he has finally got a squad of players who do actually suit his style of play. 9 of the starting 11 were his signings.

It takem a few transfer windows but we can finally see what he actually wants us to play like.

What terrifies me is that he has a strategy.  Might be right; might be wrong.  But we are now in the place he can begin to enact it, having had the time to get there. To get rid of him now would mean the players we have bought might not fit the new style.  We are then reliant on a good January window with a new boss.  If he is on the verge of things clicking, we have shot ourselves in the groin.

Personally, I think sacking managers peri-season is an absolute last resort - and a sign of abject failure from everyone. The idea that we should consider it every loss is madness.  I further suspect we would see the same "sack the manager"" comments to the next poor guy that follows on.

Warne deserves loads of credit but not over the top, it’s one game against a mid table team. Conversely he doesn’t deserve the over the top criticism and in some instances vitriol when we lose!! 

Can we just be a bit more balanced in our critique, and maybe just maybe get behind this gaffer (who is an amazing human being) and the team who put their bodies on the line and throw everything into the cause?! 

2 hours ago, trappatoni said:

I don't get why people would get upset about someone elses opinion of their football team or manager ?  

Don't you understand the annoyance at people wanting to destabilise the club with a management change right at the start of a hugely important promotion season?

There are people in this forum who want us to lose just so the manager changes. 

18 minutes ago, The Running Man said:

Don't you understand the annoyance at people wanting to destabilise the club with a management change right at the start of a hugely important promotion season?

I'd argue that thinking some comments on an online forum being an effort to 'destabilise the club' is being very melodramatic.

2 hours ago, Millenniumram said:

Absolutely ludicrous comment. I’ve had a great Saturday thank you very much, at PP celebrating a fantastic win. A win that wouldn’t make me think remotely of coming on here and moaning at other fans. Bizzare approach.

And yet that’s exactly what you’re doing.

24 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Is that 3 out of 3 at home so far this season with one goal conceded?

Have included the game against Chesterfield before the pendants jump on that. 

It is. 9 home wins in a row in fact, with only 2 goals conceded. When’s the last time we achieved that?!? Last season was our best ever away season, and now we are proving we can do it at home too.

But yeh, let’s sack Warne 🙄

1 hour ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'd argue that thinking some comments on an online forum being an effort to 'destabilise the club' is being very melodramatic.

Listen to Ed Dawes post match about the negative comments that come from some “fans” (in the loosest sense of the term) who can’t wait for Derby to lose…. Absolutely spot on 

6 hours ago, Jubbs said:

It's nothing to do with wanting him gone, it's to do with playing football we enjoy watching and wanting Derby to win. 

When you watch that game today, you see what the side are capable of and I guarantee if we played like that in half our games, Warne will be held as a god. But we don't. That's why it's so frustrating at times watching performances like Barrow when we know what we are capable of producing. It's amazing what happens when you don't play 10 men behind the ball after going 1-0 and you continue to attack.

There's a saying about treating both victory and defeat as imposters. It's basically a plea for balance. A few more people should try it. Then this place would be a much happier space for all.

1 hour ago, DB83 said:

It is. 9 home wins in a row in fact, with only 2 goals conceded. When’s the last time we achieved that?!? Last season was our best ever away season, and now we are proving we can do it at home too.

But yeh, let’s sack Warne 🙄

Exactly. It's a phenomenal record.

31 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Listen to Ed Dawes post match about the negative comments that come from some “fans” (in the loosest sense of the term) who can’t wait for Derby to lose…. Absolutely spot on 

That assumes I buy in to the idea that there are Derby fans that actually want us to lose games.

I don't.

2 hours ago, The Running Man said:

Please name them for me.