Paul Warne

Day

3 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just to be clear as I don’t want it to be misconstrued, my reply to you wasn’t personal, it was meant as conversation and debate as others have been advocating for the last couple of days. You feel one way about this season (scraped in), I feel another (earned it but could have made it far smoother an experience overall if we’d put certain teams away) and was explaining my thoughts, wasn’t intended as a dig or anything so sorry if that’s how it came across 

We've earned nowt, scraped nowt and done nowt yet.

18 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Just to be clear as I don’t want it to be misconstrued, my reply to you wasn’t personal, it was meant as conversation and debate as others have been advocating for the last couple of days. You feel one way about this season (scraped in), I feel another (earned it but could have made it far smoother an experience overall if we’d put certain teams away) and was explaining my thoughts, wasn’t intended as a dig or anything so sorry if that’s how it came across 

Sorry, you should know I don't mean your comments. I have no problem at all with people disagreeing with my view of Warne and then telling me what it is that I don't see in the football and results. But I am fed up with personal insults just because I don't rate Warne. 

Warne has done his job, the one Clowes picked him for. And whilst we may have set Club records we've not exactly done it with any style (imho obvs 😄 ) and we're at a level we've hardly played at and are playing at not because of our football abilities but because of our financial failings.

Here's to next season! #COYR I'm sure you'll have a great time at the Carlisle game if you've a ticket. 🙂

Edited by RoyMac5

3 hours ago, Mick Brolly said:

What do you want to discuss? Everyone agrees the quality of football hasn't been great but that’s all you keep harping on about.

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

It was a quote from a post above it about being able to discuss things. But there you go again with your nasty retorts.

What's nasty about my post Roy?

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Biggest goal difference, second highest number of wins. You can’t even argue that we’ve got lucky.

'Luck' is not the number of goals and wins, it's whether the goals and wins were proportionate to what happened. In fact the luckier we got the bigger our gd and number of wins would be.

Fallacy of the single cause - high gd and number of wins means we were good therefore these were only a result of us being good and luck was not involved.

Looks like Warne is going to do it as we are odds on to finish 2nd as one win should do it now
He has to be given credit as do his coaching team and the players

Looking forward to Cambridge and Carlisle now

Paul says himself he is like marmite but he has to be given credit.

Well done Warney it’s been tough and you deserve a good summer holiday 

Edited by Curtains
Spelling

11 minutes ago, ap04 said:

'Luck' is not the number of goals and wins, it's whether the goals and wins were proportionate to what happened. In fact the luckier we got the bigger our gd and number of wins would be.

Fallacy of the single cause - high gd and number of wins means we were good therefore these were only a result of us being good and luck was not involved.

Not a clue what you’re on about mate, as per usual.

We should be promoted with 90+ points, that can’t be attributed to luck, or scraping it, or whatever. There’s obviously elements of luck in individual games but over the course of 46 games you can’t just fluke it.

Edited by Kernow

16 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Not a clue what you’re on about mate, as per usual.

We should be promoted with 90+ points, that can’t be attributed to luck, or scraping it, or whatever. There’s obviously elements of luck in individual games but over the course of 46 games you can’t just fluke it.

As some golfer once said 'the more i practice, the luckier i get'.  If we get promoted it won't be down to luck.

4 minutes ago, Archied said:

Ooch ,,,, is somebody a bit hurt by derby doing well 

You really are utterly without a clue aren't you?

I am so happy that Derby will be promoted to the Championship that it makes laughing at your posts all the sweeter. 😄 👍

3 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well I guess the Prem teams like Chelsea have found out that having a good manager to spend the money is just if not more important. We're down in League 1 because we had points deducted not because we bought bad players or were out played. 

I enjoyed last season more than this, and if this season ends in promotion I'll be glad to get out of this League.

We would have been in League One the season before were it not for Sheff Wed points deduction.

With Warne's managerial background being at Rotherham (no disrespect to Rotherham intended) his managerial tactics evolved based upon managing a smaller club, less resources, less player-pulling power and often being the underdog  in any football match. As such his tactics were based not on how can I get my team to out-pass / outplay the opposition, but more on how to counter them. I suspect that he didn't have that much experience of matches where teams would try to counter his tactics.

I think this year we have seen Warne growing as a manager, we still see that he sets up his team to counter the strengths (real or supposed) of opposing teams, and also he has struggled where teams are countering our play of getting the ball wide by doubling up on our wingers.

However, he is becoming more rounded in his tactical approach, with a lot of the play being along the floor or attempted pin-point long balls down or across to the wing.
Yes, we still hoof it, but only when a side effectively closes us down. 

I was sceptical of Warne when he first came, in fact I started the first thread questioning his tactics after his debut home game and whether our possession-based team could deliver them, but this season (more so than his first) he has learnt and developed how to progress from managing a smaller football club with limited expectation to a bigger club with a high expectation level.

I am hoping for the same development next season if we get promoted, especially starting to mix it up in the midfield area which we will definitely need in the Championship. 

14 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

😆

This really isn't the League 1 of old, whatever that means. There's been very little kicking and out-muscling and much playing of football to a greater or lesser extent. Don't we hold the stats for 'airball' Warneball? 😄

It isn't a stunning achievement, but it is literally an achievement. As has been said elsewhere we weren't relegated on footballing inability but on administrative inability.

We came out of admin with 6 rostered senior pros and just missed out off the back a non-existent pre-season, with a cobbled together team. That team is now challenging for the autos in our second season since facing liquidation, all achieved while under soft-embargo and an enforced business plan too.

You can sneer all you like, but some folk are actually proud of how this club has turned things around, a notion you clearly find hilarious.

2 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

We came out of admin with 6 rostered senior pros and just missed out off the back a non-existent pre-season, with a cobbled together team. That team is now challenging for the autos in our second season since facing liquidation, all achieved while under soft-embargo and an enforced business plan too.

You can sneer all you like, but some folk are actually proud of how this club has turned things around, a notion you clearly find hilarious.

You are another poster without a clue about what I feel about Derby County. Stick to making comments about the football mate. 👍