Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

Posted (edited)
On 01/05/2024 at 21:31, Jase116 said:

Tyrèsee Campbell would be an interesting one, not had the greatest of seasons at Stoke after his injury,  but before looked quality,  A move away might do him good, quick and powerful 

Good shout 👍🏼 But we’d have to rename to club Derby Tyrese County 

or perhaps we should relocate to the emerald isle and just be County Tyrese 

Edited by jono

24 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

12 million to 8 to 4 ?.  What's happened here.  Did we take a lesser figure to help in admin.  Can't recall it ?

https://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/chris-wilder-hails-derby-county-9271344

Didn't even hear talk about taking less in admin or see anything in talk about the accounts, the article I read earlier which I think was in the Sheffield local paper said it was reported at £15m at the time but ended up about £4m.

Maybe there is actually a killer sell on percentage? I remember the Blades knocking back £5m from Forest for Lowe, which would make more sense if they were only going to pocket say £2.5m. Maybe there's still hope of Bogle getting a big transfer and us pulling another million or so.

Anyway, hopefully we're never in that position (or do deals like the Huddlestone one) again, and every time I think we've been ripped off. I'll cling to the fees we got for the likes of Hendrick that were massively over-inflated.

Noh really a suggestion as such but Bielsa called up Walter Dominguez, 24, from regional level team Juventud de Soriano to Uruguay’a national team. 
He has 57 goals in 39 games this season. 

Someone’s is going to take a punt on him. 

ps. Worth acknowledging that this side will be only from Uruguayan teams and 4 big ones are missing from those due the cup. 

1 hour ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Does he mean maybe under 4 for both individually, I fecking hope so anyways. 

Seem to remember , at the time , somebody said that the Bogle and Lowe money went on paying the players wages . We were in dire straights . 

Posted (edited)

I do think picking up 3 or 4 of the better players from L1 gets you a long way in the Champ. I really like the Peterboro set up. Most of their squad is under 25, they have pace and fitness and try to keep the ball on the ground. Much to be admired by their set up. I like Kyprianou  and Randall in midfield. Poku is decent as is at least one of their centre halves and wings.  Now they are out of the playoffs we need to beat Portsmouth to mop up some of those better players.

Edited by Matchday Fred

9 minutes ago, Matchday Fred said:

I do think picking up 3 or 4 of the better players from L1 gets you a long way in the Champ. I really like the Peterboro set up. Most of their squad is under 25, they have pace and fitness and try to keep the ball on the ground. Much to be admired by their set up. I like Kyprianou  and Randall in midfield. Poku is decent as is at least one of their centre halves and wings.  Now they are out of the playoffs we need to beat Portsmouth to mop up some of those better players.

agree about Kyprianou but don't rate Poku, looks like Coventry have signed there best player in Mason-Clark he looks a real coup for them  , I think Edwards looks good at CB too 

If we signed Phillips, Barnsley , Brannigan , Oxford and Edwards I think it would seen as brilliant young signings but maybe just dreaming as probably out of our budget but who knows 

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Does he mean maybe under 4 for both individually, I fecking hope so anyways. 

I thought it was £8m for the both of them. Good money in hindsight as both have turned out to be decent Championship players but nothing more. We had a better player coming through in Archie Brown and he left for nothing. Dylan Williams also had a bit of buzz, but think we did get reasonable compensation for him too. 

Josh Knights contract is up now, would definitely take him from Peterborough. Would be perfect in the middle or the right of a back three. Only 26 so not in his prime years just yet. Warne will definitely be looking at him as he’s 6 foot 3 and has 6 goals and 3 assists. He can also play in defensive midfield and right back. 

41 minutes ago, S8TY said:

agree about Kyprianou but don't rate Poku, looks like Coventry have signed there best player in Mason-Clark he looks a real coup for them  , I think Edwards looks good at CB too 

If we signed Phillips, Barnsley , Brannigan , Oxford and Edwards I think it would seen as brilliant young signings but maybe just dreaming as probably out of our budget but who knows 

I think they turned down an 8 million instalment fee from Palace for him recently.  He'll move now but they'll be looking for a decent fee.   i've mooted Phillips before but Brannigan doesn't really float me boat from what I've seen.

8 hours ago, Animal is a Ram said:

Not a snowball in Dante's Inferno's chance.

He goes to a lower Prem/upper Champ club.

I don't get comments like this. There's no reason to think we shouldn't be considered an upper Championship club.

We're not here to feed off scraps and be a Rotherham, trying to stave off relegation. We will be up with Leeds and Sunderland as the best supported club, with some of the best facilities. 

17 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Josh Knights contract is up now, would definitely take him from Peterborough. Would be perfect in the middle or the right of a back three. Only 26 so not in his prime years just yet. Warne will definitely be looking at him as he’s 6 foot 3 and has 6 goals and 3 assists. He can also play in defensive midfield and right back. 

I like Josh Knight and Kyprianou (who others have mentioned). Burrows has obviously been done to the death. Randall and Poku are also very good players. Edwards is one of the best young CBs in the country, but has a hell of a lot of development still to do. Mason-Clark already punched his ticket for the Championship with Coventry. 

If Peterborough had some of the experience and depth in their side then they would’ve been well positioned for promotion. Talented team, unfortunately Darragh is notoriously difficult to deal with and very good at his job. I can’t imagine we will have much luck with their players this offseason.

I like Luca Connell and Adam Phillips at Barnsley if focusing on teams who have failed in the playoffs. I’m still not 100% that they would be instant successes in the Championship but both have potential. Connell, in particular, I think has a lot of technical ability on the bits I’ve seen from him.