Summer transfer suggestion thread

sage

6 hours ago, Jram said:

Would John-Jules resign do you think? Absolutely class player if he can stay fit 

5 hours ago, Ram1988 said:

Woule need to be a contract based on his fitness for me. He is a real talent no doubt about that.

Exactly what @Ram1988says. You cannot give the potentially brilliant John-Jules a contract unless it's based on appearances. I would love that to happen as I think he is the potential game-changer, but he has spent almost his whole career injured.

Hopefully he liked the club enough to go with this. Amazed if there are people prepared to gamble on a standard contract, but on the other hand there are desperate clubs with money... 

10 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Exactly what @Ram1988says. You cannot give the potentially brilliant John-Jules a contract unless it's based on appearances. I would love that to happen as I think he is the potential game-changer, but he has spent almost his whole career injured.

Hopefully he liked the club enough to go with this. Amazed if there are people prepared to gamble on a standard contract, but on the other hand there are desperate clubs with money... 

Never played more than 21 games in a season of men's football (1369 mins) back in 20/21.

His best season in men's football, was only a couple of games better than what we managed to get from Elder and Fornah this season. In fact, Cashin and Nelson both played more this season alone, than John-Jules has managed in his entire professional career. Mendez-Laing and Wildsmith not far behind. 

With the intensity of play in Warne's style of play, it's not worth taking a risk on injury prone players - especially if they're regularly out with muscle injuries. 

16 hours ago, Jram said:

Would John-Jules resign do you think? Absolutely class player if he can stay fit 

He’d be our best player based on technical ability if we kept him fit. 

He’s out of contract isn’t he? Offer to put him through pre season to get him ‘Warne fit’ and if his body is robust enough to cope with that then offer him a reasonable wage (for us) with incentives for being available for selection added in to bring it in line with others at the club. 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

What is this understanding based on out of interest?

Purely reading posts on here that have delved into our accounts, adding next season's TV money and what Clowes has apparently said he is prepared to contribute. IIRC we came out 12th. No idea where to point you too, sorry. 

1 hour ago, OoooMarkWright said:

I think people are going a bit OTT over John Jules. 
He didn’t show that much for us when fit. He’s got a decent touch but is lacking in a lot of areas. Ignoring his injuries I was yet to be convinced by his quality.  I think we can and will do better. 

Numbers-wise he obviously didnt set the world alight with assists/goals but it was just his technical ability. His touch was always insane (that’s in comparison to the already relatively excellent players around him), he was rapid and he creates chances. 

I honestly think that if he could get fit, he could be a standout player in the championship 

Posted (edited)

Weimann leaving Bristol City on a free, 32 years old so maybe not the age profile we want but plenty of champ experience and still close with the likes of Fozzy I believe….an option for the forward positions? 
Or a case of too old, on the wane, and “never go back”..?

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

23 minutes ago, Jram said:

Numbers-wise he obviously didnt set the world alight with assists/goals but it was just his technical ability. His touch was always insane (that’s in comparison to the already relatively excellent players around him), he was rapid and he creates chances. 

I honestly think that if he could get fit, he could be a standout player in the championship 

I wouldn’t say his touch was ‘insane’. He was neat and tidy and when under no pressure he had a decent touch, like most players should at professional level. His touch wasn’t as good when he had a big brute pressing him. He lacked physical strength and lost the ball in tight areas, going down way too easily. As for being rapid, his hamstring pinged if he got past a fast jog. Not a patch speed wise on a Sturridge for example. I hope he overcomes his injury issues and I’m sure he can forge a decent career at Lg1/Champ level, but he’s not worth the risk for us. 

Pace still terrifies defenders, lack of thinking time, having to turn whilst running backwards, and dont mistime that challenge, all that ugh! 

TJJ may be a 'risk' worth taking. We might not compete with other teams for any other available pacey attackers, but getting that dimension through the door is important, so a gamble may be necessary. Nostalgically speaking, yes he isnt blistering pace but I was spoilt watching Studge and Wanchope a few years back. But he is an option, and potentially a cheap one at that.

3 hours ago, IlsonDerby said:

He’d be our best player based on technical ability if we kept him fit. 

He’s out of contract isn’t he? Offer to put him through pre season to get him ‘Warne fit’ and if his body is robust enough to cope with that then offer him a reasonable wage (for us) with incentives for being available for selection added in to bring it in line with others at the club. 

Not good enough falls on his backside too much. Scored a cracker once but injury prone for 2 seasons rules him out IMO. 

1 hour ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Weimann leaving Bristol City on a free, 32 years old so maybe not the age profile we want but plenty of champ experience and still close with the likes of Fozzy I believe….an option for the forward positions? 

Would be a fitter upgrade on Wash .

From the City fans I speak to, Weimann went from a consistent danger to an occasional one.

On the wane seems most likely.

It would all depend on how PW wants to line up next season. I don't feel hes a natural number 9 or can play up top on his own.

He's best as a second striker or maybe a number 10 for me.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Purely reading posts on here that have delved into our accounts, adding next season's TV money and what Clowes has apparently said he is prepared to contribute. IIRC we came out 12th. No idea where to point you too, sorry. 

All historic information and we have no idea how Clowes will react now we are in The Championship.