sage

8 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Nope my threads haven't souly about Scottish players 

Beck

Baccuna

Strain

Bair

Nouble

Aren't Scottish and so what if they were all Scottish?

Derby has had success signing Scottish players

Who says we can't have again following this model?

I said players in Scotland, not Scottish players.

If you are real, please show signs of life.

Just now, Srg said:

Just now, Srg said:

Bowie and McKenna doesn't play in Scotland so again you were wrong just telling lies trying to pick a argument

Answer the question what is wrong with using the Scottish markets like we have done before and brought down some really good players from?

And again how much money do you think is going to be in the kitty for tried and tested guys if we go up?

3 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

Bowie and McKenna doesn't play in Scotland so again you were wrong just telling lies trying to pick a argument

Answer the question what is wrong with using the Scottish markets like we have done before and brought down some really good players from?

And again how much money do you think is going to be in the kitty for tried and tested guys if we go up?

Nothing is wrong with it. I, like the others here, just find it peculiar you've been spamming just this thread after just joining the forum.

On 16/02/2024 at 15:47, Magicman said:

Squad we should be keeping next season.

Wildsmith Vickers 

Nyambe Wilson 

Elder Fozzie 

Nelson Cashin Bradley 

Adams Thompson Robinson Fapetu 

NML CBT Barks 

Collins Washington 

So we need another 7 to replace Hourihane, bird, smith, waghorn, sibley , fornah, JJ 

Given how well Sibley has done at LWB, I'd absolutely want to keep him. Elder is a decent enough fullback but if that's the system, we'd have to look for a LWB in the absence of Sibley...

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Nothing is wrong with it. I, like the others here, just find it peculiar you've been spamming just this thread after just joining the forum.

I've not been spamming the form I've been talking to other fans about players I've happened to shown some footage kind of what like minded people do right?

I'm here for the same reason you all are

6 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

I've not been spamming the form I've been talking to other fans about players I've happened to shown some footage kind of what like minded people do right?

I'm here for the same reason you all are

You had 15 of 20 posts on the previous page of this thread… that’s spamming. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

You had 15 of 20 posts on the previous page of this thread… that’s spamming. 

And the only person complaining is you for some weird reason 

My posts were all rather constructive as well though weren't they?

Irving plays in Austrian Bundesleiga on loan from West Ham

So the idea that I was just talking about Scottish based players was ridiculous but as said before so what

Cos there are plenty of really talented young players in Scotland who are good enough for championship teams

Better players than Greg Docherty that someone mentioned on here who isn't that good he was at Rangers barely played 

3 minutes ago, Dryhorce said:

And the only person complaining is you for some weird reason 

My posts were all rather constructive as well though weren't they?

Irving plays in Austrian Bundesleiga on loan from West Ham

So the idea that I was just talking about Scottish based players was ridiculous but as said before so what

Cos there are plenty of really talented young players in Scotland who are good enough for championship teams

Better players than Greg Docherty that someone mentioned on here who isn't that good he was at Rangers barely played 

Well no, they weren’t really. But crack on, sure everyone else is getting a kick out of not watching any of the videos you’re posting. 

1 minute ago, Srg said:

Well no, they weren’t really. But crack on, sure everyone else is getting a kick out of not watching any of the videos you’re posting. 

Spine of the teams got to be right to stay up think big McKenna would play for £20 000 and Houlahane is on £12 000 and out of contact he would be worth every penny

Connor Barron is only getting about a grand a week at Aberdeen he would maybe play for £4 000 and dare say Baccus and Strain would probably play for the same Kelly earns £4 000 at Motherwell he might play for £5 000

Some proper value in Scotland its like three players for one guys wages but big McKenna would be one of the big earners if he came in

From what I've seen of them, I'd sign half the Peterborough team.
Poku, Mason-Clarke, to back up Barks & NML, with an eye on eventually replacing them on the wings.
Harrison Burrows at LB, Josh Knight at CB, and Kyprianou's decent at DM. That could shore us up for any departures.
Let me be the very first to suggest Jonson Clarke-Harris (if he's a free agent) would be an upgrade on Washington/Waghorn/Collins.
That's a good £10m-£15m of players so never going to happen!

Arblaster on loan from Sheff Utd, but that'll be moot when we're both in the Championship next season...

The obvious suggestion is to bust a gut to sign Ebou, and to get Sibley to extend his deal. Also, I'll be boring and repeat that we need to give some Academy players minutes.

3 minutes ago, Gabby'sThighs said:

From what I've seen of them, I'd sign half the Peterborough team.
Poku, Mason-Clarke, to back up Barks & NML, with an eye on eventually replacing them on the wings.
Harrison Burrows at LB, Josh Knight at CB, and Kyprianou's decent at DM. That could shore us up for any departures.
Let me be the very first to suggest Jonson Clarke-Harris (if he's a free agent) would be an upgrade on Washington/Waghorn/Collins.
That's a good £10m-£15m of players so never going to happen!

Arblaster on loan from Sheff Utd, but that'll be moot when we're both in the Championship next season...

The obvious suggestion is to bust a gut to sign Ebou, and to get Sibley to extend his deal. Also, I'll be boring and repeat that we need to give some Academy players minutes.

Mason-Clark signed for Coventry in January and is only loaned back to Peterborough - Max Bird-esque.

Baccus gets £2 000 a week at St Mirren and Strain gets £1.700 a week both these guys are in the Australia squad and team both of them played against England in the 1 0 game

I think both would be great options between £4 and 5 grand a week doesn't break the bank and there experienced enough to play in the championship 

St Mirren were getting rave reveiws at the start of the season got a really good manager 

Our squads gonna need strength and depth to compete in the cups and leagues when there is injuries and suspensions

Edited by Dryhorce

Wasn't sure about putting this one out here because he is a very frustrating player he scored lots of goals in the U21 moved around Europe and to Aberdeen were he hit a barron spell

Is over in Germany now but doesn't look like he is playing much on the plus side though he us still a good age 24 he is 6.5 he has good pace so don't really know why he hasn't kicked on the way that I would have wanted for him

Don't know if it's him as a player or the coaching he has received but if Dykes and Stewart were a success in the championship with there styles maybe there is hope for this guy to?

I grant you Dykes is a bit of a marmite player but Stewart done really well for Sunderland up to the injury 

11 hours ago, Dryhorce said:

Really like the look of Lyall Cameron as a player quik skillfull plays inna off thevcuff style that is hard to read him.and Mullen at Dundee are both very good U21 players in Scotland team Mullen is adaptable good at right back and right the right side of midfield 

Both players have a chance of kicking on and finding bigger moves 

@Dryhorce is right that we have had success in signings from the Scottish League.

A bit like dipping down the divisions in England, you can get some duds as well as gems so do we have an extensive enough scouting network to thoroughly appraise these prospects?

Not dissing the highlights reels but we need to supplement with critical intelligence.

2 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

@Dryhorce is right that we have had success in signings from the Scottish League.

A bit like dipping down the divisions in England, you can get some duds as well as gems so do we have an extensive enough scouting network to thoroughly appraise these prospects?

Not dissing the highlights reels but we need to supplement with critical intelligence.

Scotland is just up the road I'm sure the club could ask Kenny Miller about them since he is never of the telly and would have watched them all also anno it's gonna sound weird but you can watch Scottish games in England 

Kris Commons is another one that is never of the telly him and Miller are right in with the media,I'm sure as ex players there opinions could be taking into consideration people that have played the game at international level 

I know that isn't how scouting should work but football is a talking shop you would be amazed