Ebou Adams

If Cardiff are asking for more than £500k then we need to move on I’m afraid, we can’t be being held to ransom. As much as I think he’s a fantastic player and I would love the bloke back, there’s no way a 28 year old with 1 year left on his contract and very little League One experience, yet alone Championship, is worth any more than that.

They want to play silly f******, fine. They can waste wages on an unhappy player who they don’t play for a season, we’ll loan someone else and then pick him up on a free next summer.

He’s championship class beyond a doubt, there is mutual desire but in the end it’s about dosh,   if the price is wrong then it can’t be done no matter how well it suits him and us. 

I’ll be sad. He is a Ram in spirit, you just know it, but there is a bigger picture.

On 27/06/2024 at 18:49, YouRams said:

Worst situation for a player wanting to move but club holding out for more. Hopefully something gets agreed. Can deffo see us going in for the Celtic lad if this doesn't happen though, maybe as well as if it does.

It’s probably why clubs fell out with us en masse… but remember when we started splashing the cash and Sam Rush had players forcing moves left right and centre?

Antonio missing a game for Forest because we bid for him 😂

4 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I loved Ebou and what he brought to the side last season, but not so much that I would be willing to spend more than he's worth.

I know I banged on about it at the time but…

He’s not a particularly exceptional player, he just balanced the rest of the midfield perfectly.

That midfield have been released. We’re building a new one.

His energy and tackling allowed Smith to sit deep and keep things ticking over. Smith’s gone. 

I’d like to see him back but it’s not like when we wanted Thorne on a permanent.

50 minutes ago, cannable said:

It’s probably why clubs fell out with us en masse… but remember when we started splashing the cash and Sam Rush had players forcing moves left right and centre?

Antonio missing a game for Forest because we bid for him 😂

They've deleted that from their collective conscience and pretend it never happened.  It's a deep wound 😂.  Same as losing their collective s*** when Lansbury was threatening the same 

4 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

They've deleted that from their collective conscience and pretend it never happened.  It's a deep wound 😂.  Same as losing their collective s*** when Lansbury was threatening the same 

Didn’t Lansbury pull out of a Forest game at PP during the warm up once as he thought a switch was close ? 

Sounds a bit more promising… hopefully Cardiff have softened their stance after realising we’re the only team in for him, and they’ll lose him for nothing if they don’t do a deal with us this summer. A few hundred grand would be more than fair.

He’s an absolutely fantastic player who I have no doubt will step up to the Championship with ease, we really need to get him permanently . It would be a huge boost.

13 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Sounds a bit more promising… hopefully Cardiff have softened their stance after realising we’re the only team in for him, and they’ll lose him for nothing if they don’t do a deal with us this summer. A few hundred grand would be more than fair.

He’s an absolutely fantastic player who I have no doubt will step up to the Championship with ease, we really need to get him permanently . It would be a huge boost.

You’re confusing me, you say you are concerned that we are signing players for league one and then enthuse about a 28 year old who has only ever played 11 championship games and who will cost a fee.

4 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

You’re confusing me, you say you are concerned that we are signing players for league one and then enthuse about a 28 year old who has only ever played 11 championship games and who will cost a fee.

Because we’ve seen how outstandingly good he was in League One last season. He definitely looked capable of making the step up, and fits the team like a glove. Other players we’ve been linked with haven’t looked so good even in League One - at least not as recently as Adams. That’s where my concerns lie with our other signings.

18 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

I can't imagine that a Birmingham, Bolton etc wouldn't be interested at a certain fee after his 3 months at Derby.  He'll certainly have those suitors.  I imagine he'll be looking for a championship deal though, so the real danger is those midtable and below or just promoted with us who'll have assumed this was his destination but may now be interested  in some midfield enforcement as the door has opened.  Unless Cardiff essentially price themselves out of a move by asking silly money, I could see a deal rising to a million including  add ons transpiring at any club of that type with a bit of money to play with. 

7 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Because we’ve seen how outstandingly good he was in League One last season. He definitely looked capable of making the step up, and fits the team like a glove. Other players we’ve been linked with haven’t looked so good even in League One - at least not as recently as Adams. That’s where my concerns lie with our other signings.

You are entitled to your opinion of course but I would have thought Yates, Osborn and Jackson are much more proven championship players than Adams.

8 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

Can we have this translated please ?

I've stuck it in Bing Translator. This is what it means in Azerbaijani:-

ADeby ilə bağlı Chris Waddle davam edən ayaq ayaq oyunçu bit in paper ronaldo deyil, fanatlar ehtiraslı patreon scorchio həyəcanlı xərc çubuq döymə prompt you blocked