Ebou Adams - Signed on 3 year deal

2 minutes ago, Sharp_Ram said:

We haven't got time to wait around, move onto plan B and get this squad built 

Unfortunately I think this is the key point. I'm sure Cardiff would be more flexible in their position as we move further into the window but we really can't afford for this to turn into another Sheff Wed scenario. If the £1m figure is anywhere near accurate, and they won't budge (now) then as much as I love the player and think he'd be ideal for us, move on to other targets.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Why isn't Ebou asking for the move? If he's so unhappy and this is his new home. 

Worked for Thorne at WBA 

Thorne was kicking balls away in training. I'd be willing to bet the future of DCFC on the fact that Ebou isn't that type of character.

Edited by DarkFruitsRam7

6 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Why isn't Ebou asking for the move? If he's so unhappy and this is his new home. 

Worked for Thorne at WBA 

We also thrashed out 3.5 million on Thorne. Times have changed, we are not that Derby county anymore 

This is indicative of how the club is now being run.

Not going to be bullied into spending inflated fees for anyone.

No matter the emotional connection with said player.

No doubt we all want him at the rams as does the management team.

But as we have seen thus far we won't be throwing cash around like confetti.

As an aside and with all the due respect in the world to Ebou Adams......we spent that money on George Thorne because his loan period was perhaps the best loan I've seen since Bobby Davison came back .

And the talent that Thorne had was vast.

Truly a shame what happened , for the fans, the club and most all for George.

Maybe Kenzo will bring that kind of excitement .

Would be great to see Ebou line up next to him......but only for the best deal for our club.

Ultimately the club is the most important thing and we never want another period like the last few year Under Morris and then in administration and this board appears to be far more circumspect .

35 minutes ago, Papahet said:

Worked for Thorne at WBA 

If a player requests a transfer, I think they forfeit the remainder of any signing on fee that is due to them and potentially anything else due in their contract.

I'm assuming we have other options for the role Ebou plays. Give Cardiff a deadline of a couple of weeks to come to the table with a more sensible asking price or we move on. I've not read that there's other clubs interested in the player, especially at the rumoured £1m so I'd be very surprised if they are prepared to risk losing £500k-£600k on a player who may not feature regularly in their starting eleven.

The worst thing we could do is to let this situation drag on into early August with Cardiff not budging and then finding our alternative options have gone elsewhere.

If Portsmouth bought in an International player on loan in Jan, won the league with him, made a huge impact and became a fans favourite but then we tried to sign them - I think you’d be talking one million.

Championship players cost seven figures I am afraid. We sold Bird for £1.5m!

Question to you - if Ebou was already our player - and someone was trying to buy him from us - how much would you want if you were selling him?