Klopp to Stand Down at End of Season

JfR

Guardiola I think leaves at the end of 2025 too. 

It’s probably a good thing for the PL that their cycle of dominance is coming to an end.

Without Klopp, City would have won another six or seven trophies over the past 5 years.

37 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Meh. Good manager but the difference between last season and this season shows that he's just another manager who's quite dependent on money. 

Aren’t all managers dependent on money?

It’s impossible to achieve success with a certain way of playing if the players are unable to play that way.

I can’t recall a manager who has achieved prolonged success by just taking over a team and not changed it by spending money.

2 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Aren’t all managers dependent on money?

It’s impossible to achieve success with a certain way of playing if the players are unable to play that way.

I can’t recall a manager who has achieved prolonged success by just taking over a team and not changed it by spending money.

Dont think we've ever been an era where teams spend more on one player than the value of the club just one division below.

Like I said, the difference between last season and this season speaks volumes. 

He's certainly a good manager but I'm sure there's plenty of 'lesser' managers that would be with the resources that he has.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Dont think we've ever been an era where teams spend more on one player than the value of the club just one division below.

Like I said, the difference between last season and this season speaks volumes. 

He's certainly a good manager but I'm sure there's plenty of 'lesser' managers that would be with the resources that he has.

The same gets thrown at Guardiola.

But if it was simply down to money, you have to ask why the likes of Brendan Rodgers, Roy Hodgson, Roberto Mancini and Pellegrini also couldn’t achieve the same success.

No doubt without the resources neither could achieve what they have done. But Klopp and Guardiola are the two best managers in the PL due to their coaching and man-management.

When they go, I don’t think we will regularly see 90+ point finishes again. It will probably open it up for Arsenal, United and Chelsea to really challenge again.

Modern day legend for the club, always had a bit of soft spot for Liverpool, the city and the club which Klopp made softer. Without wanting to offend the Guardiola aficionados, for me personally they have been the most entertaining Premier League team to watch for a while.

23 years in management, the bloke deserves a break, time with family and that. 

After, he can come to Derby for a different kind of challenge. I love the man in a purely platonic one sided relationship.

Unless he goes to Barca/Real or Saudi then me and him are over. 

Klopp is not a bad manager, but to call him a legend is a bit far IMHO.

He is probably only the 4 or 5 th best coach for Liverpool in my life time.

Also way behind Clough, Ferguson, Shankly, Paisley, Pep, Mourinho.