Klopp to Stand Down at End of Season

JfR

Liverpool would have won a lot more if City hadn't (allegedly) cheated on 153 occasions over many years! If found guilty I would delete all their results over the years and recalculate the tables. Happens in the Olympics! 

21 minutes ago, FindernRam said:

Liverpool would have won a lot more if City hadn't (allegedly) cheated on 153 occasions over many years! If found guilty I would delete all their results over the years and recalculate the tables. Happens in the Olympics! 

But then what happens at the bottom of the table? - cliubs that were previously relegated would be entitled to stay up and so on - and they would all demand huge sums in compensation. It would ripple throughout the whole football pyramid and destroy professional football in this country (and don't forget the Champions League that would also be impacted).

I agree in principle with stripping their titles, but I just can't see a practical way it will happen - the authorities needed to sort this when it first came to light - by letting it slide for so long they've just dug themselves into a deeper hole.....

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

But then what happens at the bottom of the table? - cliubs that were previously relegated would be entitled to stay up and so on - and they would all demand huge sums in compensation. It would ripple throughout the whole football pyramid and destroy professional football in this country (and don't forget the Champions League that would also be impacted).

I agree in principle with stripping their titles, but I just can't see a practical way it will happen - the authorities needed to sort this when it first came to light - by letting it slide for so long they've just dug themselves into a deeper hole.....

Maybe you could calculate it based on them having a 10 point deduction every season they infringed, and redo the tables based in that. That would only impact the top few clubs. 

4 hours ago, Gaspode said:

Cometh the hour, cometh the teeside perm of justice, the smoggie judge dredd of football, it is of course stephen mr gibson steve and his squad of avenging lawyers.

9 hours ago, FindernRam said:

The charges only relate up until 2018. Leicester won the league in 15/16, Chelsea won the league in 16/17 and City won the league in 17/18 with Liverpool finishing 4th.

You can’t strip City of titles after 17/18 in the same way you can’t punish teams for falling foul of FFP after in the initial penalty.

I understand the arguement that City’s titles after 2018 could be built on initial ‘cheating’ but then you can label the same at Leicester’s title too.