Derby v Cheltenham Town - Match Day Thread

5 minutes ago, ramit said:

Our midfield is nonexistent, Collins is no goalscorer, just gets lucky often, Bird hides all game long, Warne is not fit for Sunday league, we won in spite of our players.

Am I doing this right?

Slight exaggeration but not far off 😉

Decent win……..but my it was difficult!

The manager completely hamstrung us with another poor starting line up/tactics. That said the players were as dreadful as the tactics!

You have to give Warne credit for changing, but we also should never have been in that position, so he’s heavily in deficit despite the win.

A very well taken goal from Collins (and decent strike from Bird) masks a poor afternoon and lessons need relearning again!

The obsession with getting it wide as quick as possible and bypassing midfield is clearly a busted flush.

Teams have worked it out and are doubling up on us in the wide areas, knowing we offer nothing through the centre. 

To compound matters we’ve just gone and used a chunk of the transfer kitty to bring in a player for a system that we need to ditch, or at best drastically alter.

Over the last few weeks a lot of things haven’t made much sense and it feels like the Stevenage period all over againd.

Also nice to see Curtis Davies have a good game and get a good reception. Top man!

26 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I didn’t see the first half but gather it was w*nk, haven’t we been the better side since the subs and change to a back 3? That’s how it’s looked through one eye in the chaos of a party

Good fora few minutes leading up to our goal. Then made the triple sub and looked a bit shaky for a while, before finally regaining some control.

13 minutes ago, ramit said:

Our midfield is nonexistent, Collins is no goalscorer, just gets lucky often, Bird hides all game long, Warne is not fit for Sunday league, we won in spite of our players.

Am I doing this right?

I agree apart about collins he has nothing to play off, give him a chance and he done well that 17/18 of the season which is good from a striker 

16 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Sack Warne.

Get Warnock in.

Put Wildsmith back in goal.

We have just played Lincoln, a Reading in dissaray and a very poor Cheltenham side...and made a right pigs ear of it.

We should be top of the table after those 3 games.

That sums up everything it takes to be an authentic, genuine faithful Derby County supporter!