Derby V Burton match day thread

Boycie

6 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The midfield balance is not right. Teams find it too easy to run through the heart of our team, I think it's something that we need to address as it was a big issue vs Peterborough and again today. 

Won’t change without personnel changing. And he isn’t dropping Hourihane. 

9 minutes ago, Andicis said:

The midfield balance is not right. Teams find it too easy to run through the heart of our team, I think it's something that we need to address as it was a big issue vs Peterborough and again today. 

Their goals were nothing to do with our CM area. None of their attempts at goal came from that area. We had 66% possession. 

We should have switched to a 3 man midfield earlier than we did as we tired and they started bringing fresh legs on, but I'm not sure he trusts the 3 back ups 100%.  

39 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I thought he did well (for most of the game) and possibly his best game for while in my eyes. Funny how we can see things differently. I guess that's football for you. 

🤣😂😂 if thats his best game shows how little he does! He had a decent game today but for that to be a best game in a while speaks for himself

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

What does brown have to do to get some minutes 

Show more than he has done so far when he has been used, been very disappointed with him when he has played, although TJJ not much better

Edited by Rich84

Job done, and deserved, created more chances and more shots at goal plus over 60 percent possession, just had 2 lapses of concentration to give Burton there goals, great winning goal from Hourihane, would like to see Wildsmith back in goal, and also need Elder to start performing better, with more game time I think he will get stronger , hope to get 2 more attacking players in before the transfer window closes to push us over the line, as I am feeling confident that we can get the job done. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

2 hours ago, TINMANTED said:

3 points,but that was dreadfull,warnes prefered 3 at the back will ultimately cost us promotion as it did last year.it does'nt work with the players we have

Dont know which part of the grd you were in, but we didn't play 3 at the back at any point tonight, back 4 until Bradley came on and then it was 5 to see the game out.....

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought Barks did well, SKY MOTM 😊

Amazing. Seriously. But it shows this is about opinions. There was I wondering why on earth Warne was keeping him on the pitch when he was having such a poor fame, but presumed it was in a desperate bid to give Barks more confidence in himself, given he'd scored. I do think there is a player in there, but he's been poor for quite a while. I liked the McClaren way with wingers, where you have 4 on rotation, and if you play well you start and get 70 minutes and then the other guy gets 25 minutes at the end to make an impact and show he should start. Barks would benefit from that approach. 

Just now, Carl Sagan said:

Amazing. Seriously. But it shows this is about opinions. There was I wondering why on earth Warne was keeping him on the pitch when he was having such a poor fame, but presumed it was in a desperate bid to give Barks more confidence in himself, given he'd scored. I do think there is a player in there, but he's been poor for quite a while. I liked the McClaren way with wingers, where you have 4 on rotation, and if you play well you start and get 70 minutes and then the other guy gets 25 minutes at the end to make an impact and show he should start. Barks would benefit from that approach. 

For what it’s worth, everyone thought he was poor round me tonight. Several chuckles when he was announced man of the match. Seemed like every touch he had before the goal ended up with the opposition. 

1 hour ago, Stripperg-ram said:

Also, why does Barks always look like he needs a good steak, some broccoli and a sun bed!

Get the lad to Hoar X hall tout suite 

(and yes  the ‘tout suite is not their honeymoon suite!!)

IMG_1292.jpeg

He's in the middle of a massive property renovation in Alderley Edge, funding his missus' attempt at a renovation business. From their Instagram posts and stories he's on site quite often. They've reduced it to a shell, building a huge extension and pretty much building a entire new house within. 

https://www.instagram.com/thepropertyprin?igsh=MmltbGVpc3A2bTYy

They seem to live locally to the house in Alderley Edge so thats circa 90-120 minute daily commute to Moor Farm each way. Even if he's being driven in (which I doubt at our level), any lengthy car journey isn't good, especially for professional athletes. 

Edited by Ram@Lincoln

19 minutes ago, Srg said:

For what it’s worth, everyone thought he was poor round me tonight. Several chuckles when he was announced man of the match. Seemed like every touch he had before the goal ended up with the opposition. 

He scored the first and set up the second, which was probably enough for him to get MOTM.

I can't see how Burton deserved anything out of the game, other than the two goals given to them by two individual errors, I can't remember one decent chance for them, they didn't have any other chance on goal. Whereas, NML could have done better when clean through twice, Collins could have done better with his golden opportunity and Barks shot was well blocked by their no3.

Hm, Barks scored and also got an assist but apparently he was no good and has been bad for quite a while. From december he's played 90 mins only once (today, his second 90 mins in the league this season), average being less than 60 minutes a game and yet in those last 8 league games he's scored four and assisted three. That's better than NML for example in that same time. I thought he was doing ok though.

Just home from the game and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

first half complete control apart from a few sloppy passes. Mendez should have buried the first one he never looked confident when through. Got the goal and saw it out with relative ease. Mason Bennett is stealing a living as a professional player and still looks the same as when he broke through not hard when he looked 40 back then but had an Afro going on. 

second half started in dreamland. Great cross from elder and barks who I thought was excellent kept it alive and collins finished it superbly. In complete control and I agree with an earlier poster with at this point they looked one of the worst teams I’ve seen in years. Then the inevitable happened and it’s not been just this game but against fleetwood and a few other teams we seem to have this sudden blip around the 60th minute for 15 minutes where we look like an ordinary team and go off the pace and can’t pick a pass. 

tonight we just looked like we thought we were too good. Their first goal I have no idea why cashin has sprayed it out wide like did and put Wilson and nml under pressure for no apparent reason. Mendez looked off it tonight and is the reason why we need to add another winger so we can rest him up. Disappointed how he got outmuscled by a 4 foot midget and about 4 stone wet through. Taking nothing away from the goal it was a great finish but to lose it there was criminal with a 3 on 2. 

second goal after a positive 65 minutes elder did the inevatble which made some of Bradley’s mistakes look not too bad. I have no idea what he was actually doing. 

we then had another rocky 5 minutes but we then started to ask questions again. Not sure if it’s harsh but Collins should have buried that volley only for hourihane to show him how it’s done. 

Leaving the match listening to radio derby I had to question if Eric Steele and Gibson I’m horny if they were watching a different game to me. Never in a million Sunday did burton deserve a draw. They weren’t even in the game until we messed up twice but we need to learn how too see games out better. Warne and co need to have a close look at our apparent second half slump midway through. Not sure if it is fatigue or pyschological. 

I had to question one of his subs I was calling for Thompson to come on after the scored the first for John-jules which should have happened 20 minutes earlier. The sibley for elder sub a no brainer after the calamity. 

add 2 to 3 players and we are on the way. Smith cbt and another midfielder and we are on course. 

I thought elder was awesome before his mistake although I know posters have bashed him and I thought here we go this is the elder we thought we were getting but too make that mistake his reverted to type that can’t be trusted. He’s worried me game after game. Depending on Forsyths injury maybe looking to add a left back cover might be a useful transfer or do we put sibley there but he annoyed me when Coming on. The floating crosses that is. 

special mention for Kane Wilson who tonight everything good went through he is fastly becoming one of my favourite derby players in years. 

anyway great 3 points and I’m glad we have stayed in third and stay as the chasers. I’d rather chase than be chased. 

Edited by Barney1991

Couldn't agree more. We fully deserved to win the game & completed dominated, bar a crazy 10 minutes where they scored 2 goals out the blue.

As for the negativity on Radio Derby, im used to it at this point. Ive mentioned before about Steele. Bloke is negative week after week. Bloke genuinely hasn't got a clue.

Another win & well on our way!

2 hours ago, i-Ram said:

A win is a win, and that was all I hoped for before kick off. To play well would have been a lovely bonus, because I didn’t expect that before kick off. Our football really isn’t improving, but our points per game average is. Funny old game.

The character shown by management and players alike is exemplary. They really are a gutsy bunch of shoestring-budget journeymen and kids - and for the moment, that's enough for me.

After our shaky start to the season, some seemed to be suggesting a struggle at t'other end of the table would be our likely outcome.

2 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Tonight was poor from the players, the manager and the referee. I would say at least five players looked under par:

Vickers, Elder, Barkhuizen, John-Jules, Bird

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Thought Barks did well, SKY MOTM 😊

It's funny how different people see performances differently.

My dad always thought that McGovern was rubbish.