Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

29 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I think this was at 2-2, that’s worse than Blackett-Taylor’s miss vs Wycombe. You’d feel sick if you were a Bolton fan seeing this.

It is probability as bad yes. Crikey.

On 15/04/2024 at 10:53, ap04 said:

The opposite has been the case and by a long way, Wycombe was the 8th game we've scored less than we should have and we've scored more in 19(!)

Creativity is the area we've lacked compared to others -maybe down to conservative tactics not quality- rather than taking the chances.

It’s taken a while but I’ve got it now.

Right EVERY game Derby score fewer goals than I expect, so for Derby to win a game the opposition must score fewer goals than the fewer goals than expected Derby score. Simple it comes down to who scores the fewer goals loses…..phew I never realised this!

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Tragic 8k empty seats in such a massive game.

Nearly 20,000 home fans - I think that’s creditable given Bolton is not a big city and they’re down the road from the Manchester clubs. I respect fans who support their home town club rather than be tempted by the bright lights of big neighbours - eg fans of Orient, Stockport and - yes - even Wycombe who could easily be lured away to support a big London club.  

3 minutes ago, Bessie1 said:

Nearly 20,000 home fans - I think that’s creditable given Bolton is not a big city and they’re down the road from the Manchester clubs. I respect fans who support their home town club rather than be tempted by the bright lights of big neighbours - eg fans of Orient, Stockport and - yes - even Wycombe who could easily be lured away to support a big London club.  

I seem to remember that being Bolton's kind of crowd even back before their "troubled times"

1 hour ago, Bessie1 said:

But it's a couple of thousand down on their average this season, you would think that at this crucial point in the season, their crowds, like ours, would be higher than average.

6 hours ago, ram59 said:

But it's a couple of thousand down on their average this season, you would think that at this crucial point in the season, their crowds, like ours, would be higher than average.

Bolton's average home attendance this season is down by about 100.

Incidentally, so is ours - although a full house against Carlisle will raise it to above last season's average.

A couple of points about attendances - 

Derby head the list for the highest average away attendance in League 1 this season - this is surprising because we don't have the 'advantage' in that statistic of an away game at Pride Park.

Derby are bottom of the list for 'highest away attendance' for precisely the same reason. Every other club's highest away attendance has been when they come to Pride Park.

Edited by Eddie

35 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Incidentally, so is ours - although a full house against Carlisle will raise it to above last season's average.

Derby head the list for the highest average away attendance in League 1 this season - this is surprising because we don't have the 'advantage' in that statistic of an away game at Pride Park.

Derby are bottom of the list for 'highest away attendance' for precisely the same reason. Every other club's highest away attendance has been when they come to Pride Park.

Seems odd as we had 5k at Barnsley 

38 minutes ago, winktheram said:

Seems odd as we had 5k at Barnsley 

Nothing to do with away support. The statistic refers to the total attendance at an away game, including both home and away fans. Barnsley's average home gate is below 13,000, and the game against Derby drew a total attendance of 18,332. In order to have lifted us off the bottom of the 'Highest Attendance at an away game' table, we would have had to have taken 10,000 to Barnsley.

As it is, we do have the highest number of travelling fans in League 1 by some distance.

Edited by Eddie

8 hours ago, Eddie said:

Nothing to do with away support. The statistic refers to the total attendance at an away game, including both home and away fans. Barnsley's average home gate is below 13,000, and the game against Derby drew a total attendance of 18,332. In order to have lifted us off the bottom of the 'Highest Attendance at an away game' table, we would have had to have taken 10,000 to Barnsley.

As it is, we do have the highest number of travelling fans in League 1 by some distance.

Yes so in the same way, every clubs highest away  attendance in the prem will be at Old Trafford

14 hours ago, Eddie said:

The only reason our attendances are slightly down is less away fans this season.

Lots of fans would have ticked us off as their first visit last season, Oxford and Bristol Rovers for example virtually halving their numbers from last season.

Also the fact that we lost big away followings from the 3 promoted clubs.

A crowd of 30,586 against Carlisle will equal last seasons total which is almost a certainty.

This will then be the highest average attendance since the 16/17 season.