Promotion Rivals Watch

sage

Posh v Bolton will be Peterborough’s seventh game in 20 days - they’ll be exhausted and also saving themselves for the playoffs.  Before that, Bolton have two home games against lowly opposition.  I know anyone can lose to anyone else on their day, but Bolton v Pompey is clearly massive for us.

14 minutes ago, DiggerB said:

That superior goal difference disappeared quicker than my pay packet!

I mentioned that port vale and Bristol Rovers should have been totally tanked from the position we were in as goals could be important.  Unfortunately, they've clawed back 4 goals over two easier fixtures than we had. I'm surprised as they were working with water pistols and only had a million quids worth of signings up top with more on the bench .

22 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

If they beat Portsmouth we'll need to win all 4.

If they lose to Portsmouth they could be 7 points behind us with 3 games to play, and we could wrap up promotion at Cambridge. Wednesday is obviously massive for us, but next Saturday's swing could be pivotal.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If they lose to Portsmouth they could be 7 points behind us with 3 games to play, and we could wrap up promotion at Cambridge. Wednesday is obviously massive for us, but next Saturday's swing could be pivotal.

We need to win Wednesday, can't have another performance like we did at Northampton after a big result.  As we're playing a similar team, albeit they have a bit more up top, we'll see.

Derby are still in a far stronger position than Bolton. Not only do we have a point advantage, we have easier games and a better goal difference.

Even if we lose to Wycombe, Bolton will drop two points somewhere and if it comes down to GD, we'll be fine as we'll probably add another +7 (at least) from the final three games. Bolton won't be +8 over the next four games. No chance.

3 hours ago, Bessie1 said:

Posh v Bolton will be Peterborough’s seventh game in 20 days - they’ll be exhausted and also saving themselves for the playoffs.  Before that, Bolton have two home games against lowly opposition.  I know anyone can lose to anyone else on their day, but Bolton v Pompey is clearly massive for us.

Yes it is. It’s the difference between us finishing second or first. C’mon Bolton!!

14 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Derby are still in a far stronger position than Bolton. Not only do we have a point advantage, we have easier games and a better goal difference.

Even if we lose to Wycombe, Bolton will drop two points somewhere and if it comes down to GD, we'll be fine as we'll probably add another +7 (at least) from the final three games. Bolton won't be +8 over the next four games. No chance.

I love your new found positivity BUT, I wouldn't quite describe it as a "far stronger" position. The gap is only one point and the goal difference is only +2.

The next six days are immense. By next Sunday we could be anywhere between 2 points behind (with Bolton still having a game in hand) and our goal difference advantage overturned to 7 points clear with a healthy goal difference. My gut feeling is:

Played        GD       Points

Derby                                    44           +36         86      (draw at Wycombe and beat Orient by a single goal)

Bolton                                    43           +33         82     (draw with Pompey)

Tried watching the Posh / Wankey Wanderers game, but it's like walking football. I'd expected Peterborough to try and stretch the play given the size of the pitch, but they've not looked good at all. WW just sitting deep and hoping Posh make a mistake. Not much chance of them being leggy against us at this rate, I've seen higher intensity training games.

6 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Have faith brother. We’re winning this league. 

The league where - with 4 games to go - we’re 8 points behind the leaders, who have won 9 and drawn 3 of their last 12 games