Derby v Peterborough

B4’s Sister

Be surprised if there isn't more goals in this one, for both teams. I'd actually take a point now given how impressed I was with Posh, just don't lose to them. 

Big call for Warne at HT, does he go conservative and pack out the midfield where they're cutting through at will, or try and impose us onto them and go for the win.

Entertaining half of football though, higher quality than what we see most weeks.

Mendez Laing needs to do more covering although it's not his favourite job,  Bird is totally lost, Wilson effective going forward but huge switch offs on that side defensively.  Only one result here without more physicality in midfield and ball retention.  We're making them look better than they are by not pressing enough or picking up overlapping players. 

1 minute ago, Hoppo said:

I'd bring Thommo on for Bird. Need someone harrying around the midfield to break up things when they attack.

I'd get Tommo on too... our midfield desperately needs someone to put a foot in (I'd have him on for Hourihane instead of Bird, but that'll be unlikely to happen!)

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

Birds a total passenger, he needs to wake up and get conte of the midfield, doesn’t help that my nan has more pace than Connor Hourihane also, they’re just strolling past him 

Yeah, big fan of Bird, but he’s been poor, doesn’t look at the races.

Did notice him pull up and hold his groin/thigh at one point, but it doesn’t seem to have happened again and he seems to be moving ok.

1 hour ago, Carl Sagan said:

Would definitely have changed it up for more energy, including bringing Ward in on the right. I think managers underestimate the importance of doing well against your old team. And I think it's a game when Fornah's energy would be valuable - he must be very disappointed to be out of the squad. Let's hope Warne has got it right and we start better than against Oxford. Come on you Rams!

We’re dangerously underpowered out of possession. Neither Bird nor Hourihane  seems to know what the other is doing. Would like to see any or all of Ward, Fornah and Tommo. 

on the plus side , excellent work from Wilson and we’ve probably seen the best two headers ever from Collins 

Thank goodness we stuck with Wildsmith 

9 minutes ago, Charliegeorge1962 said:

Posh have done the same number of games in shorter time frame haven't they.

We should be fresher and wanting it more than them. If we get yourselves to the position of winning this and Bolton drop points-  we go 2nd.

COYR

Fair point, which backs up what someone else said that they are the best team we've faced. They are showing more composure in that final third to create chances.

We've been lucky that they've not showed the same composure with their finishing. 

We have the quality to go toe to toe with them. We just need to wake up a bit and let that quality shine.