Oxford United v Derby County

B4’s Sister

Just now, Steve How Hard? said:

There is no way these are worthy of a 2-0 lead. If we can get one back before half time, we can get something here. 

It’s 2-0, they’re sitting back and letting it happen. They wouldn’t be playing like this otherwise. They know we aren’t dangerous despite our 74 corners. 

2 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Here you go:

Law 12:

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following offences against an opponent in a manner considered by the referee to be careless, reckless or using excessive force:

charges

jumps at

kicks or attempts to kick

pushes

strikes or attempts to strike (including head-butt)

tackles or challenges

trips or attempts to trip

Exactly the rule I read (so thanks, but doesn’t help me understand why a penalty should not have been given). It says nothing about whether the player impeded was likely to get to the ball or not.

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

It’s 2-0, they’re sitting back and letting it happen. They wouldn’t be playing like this otherwise. They know we aren’t dangerous despite our 74 corners. 

Yeah they have zero need to chase the game. Be very content with this.

think I’d bring John Jules on for barkhuizen and go two up top.

we’re giving some really lazy fouls away too.

1 minute ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Thats putting it very nice been sh** i feel sorry for everyone made the trip down there! 

We cant have it both ways... saying we shouldn't be losing, we are the better team and then saying everyone is crap... granted some have been poor but other have been ok to good e.g Wilson, fozzy, Nelson, Nyambe