Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

Yesterday, Warne interview got it spot on, first half not good enough, second half better, switched off at the end, but we go again thursday, still unbeaten, and 16 points in the last 6 games is a great return. 

Nelson again best player on the pitch, defended well in general as a team an till the last bit, which felt awful at the time, but still confident we can get promotion, nothing special in this division this year. Once A Ram Always A Ram 

Edited by DerbyAleMan

This is a still of the positions as the ball is flicked on. It looks on first glance that both Bradley and Nelson are nearer the goal than the Wycombe player......but the D is 4 yards deep, the mowing strips are 6 yards deep and the Wycombe player's knee looks to be about halfway across the mowing strip....so you decide - offside or onside?

IMG_20231217_121448201-01.thumb.jpeg.741094e7c7454beab31ce2498f8ddce1.jpeg

4 minutes ago, Crewton said:

This is a still of the positions as the ball is flicked on. It looks on first glance that both Bradley and Nelson are nearer the goal than the Wycombe player......but the D is 4 yards deep, the mowing strips are 6 yards deep and the Wycombe player's knee looks to be about halfway across the mowing strip....so you decide - offside or onside?

They gave 4 v 3 on our right hand side and we have 5 marking 3 on the left. Ward in an awful position. Nelson neither challenging or covering

2 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Never mind whether it was a marginal onside or offside, look at the positioning of our players, it's woeful. Over the far half of the pitch we have 6 players to their 3, but on this side we have 3 to their 4!

Part 2 - this is the referee's position at the point of contact. The lino has his flag down, so it appears the referee alone made the decision - but how could she be so certain from where she viewed the incident? Correct or not, it looks like a rushed and impulsive decision. And if this was a penalty, why not the earlier one on Mendez-Laing?

IMG_20231217_122500490-01.thumb.jpeg.7299b90d0de51a6aaca54892b0772719.jpeg

22 minutes ago, Crewton said:

Part 2 - this is the referee's position at the point of contact. The lino has his flag down, so it appears the referee alone made the decision - but how could she be so certain from where she viewed the incident? Correct or not, it looks like a rushed and impulsive decision. And if this was a penalty, why not the earlier one on Mendez-Laing?

IMG_20231217_122500490-01.thumb.jpeg.7299b90d0de51a6aaca54892b0772719.jpeg

They are mic'd up. They don't wave flags. They aren't on on an aircraft carrier. 

I would imagine the NML one wasn't given because the defender kicked the ball about 20 yards. 

Warne and Barkhuizen have both said it was a penalty. 

1 hour ago, silverback said:

What I saw was a team who came for a point, they celebrated after as if they had just won at wembley. We always find it hard against teams who do this. 

The ref didn't help by booking so many so early, I noted several tackles which were shied away from later, spoils it really because its those 50/50's which get the crowd and the team going.

Why did he trip the player at the end he was running straight at Joe who for me had a really good chance of saving

Game management my ar$e

Coming back it felt like we had lost, never mind on to Lincoln wonder what their

game plan will be 🤐

Agree that they came for a point. So it’s a little worrying that when we do get our noses in front and the opposition then have to try and score, they make chances. Wycombe, Bristol Rovers (albeit we fashioned a winner), Portsmouth. 

39 minutes ago, Wolfie said:

My highlight of yesterday’s game…

IMG_0732.jpeg

I wish people would stop posting these portentous sunset pictures. It just begs the unsettling, metaphorical question : what is the sun setting on ? It’s surely too majestic simply to mark the end of a winning run. Not setting on Max Bird’s career as a Ram I hope - tho he doesn’t look especially happy in a  Derby shirt these days. Maybe it’s setting on a period of mediocre, inconsistent form and the new dawn will herald in JJ as our talismanic striker and young Tommo as a bedlington terrier-like ratter in midfield, and together they will spearhead an assault on the automatics and beyond. Or perhaps it signals the demise of the testicled referee?  It’s all very unsettling 

25 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

I wish people would stop posting these portentous sunset pictures. It just begs the unsettling, metaphorical question : what is the sun setting on ? It’s surely too majestic simply to mark the end of a winning run. Not setting on Max Bird’s career as a Ram I hope - tho he doesn’t look especially happy in a  Derby shirt these days. Maybe it’s setting on a period of mediocre, inconsistent form and the new dawn will herald in JJ as our talismanic striker and young Tommo as a bedlington terrier-like ratter in midfield, and together they will spearhead an assault on the automatics and beyond. Or perhaps it signals the demise of the testicled referee?  It’s all very unsettling 

I was quite chuffed with this one from my seat in the easy stand,it was quite foreboding but did slightly distract me from the game which wasn't a bad thing.

PXL_20231216_161425658.jpg

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

22 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

I was quite chuffed with this one from my seat in the easy stand,it was quite foreboding but did slightly distract me from the game which wasn't a bad thing.

That shot looks quite foreboding and apocalyptic not in a Derby sense but generally. Spectacular photographs but these things tend to make me a bit uneasy. Weird, I know.

Referee aside (who i still think cost us 2 points today)

I will look at our performance IMHO.

This was only my 3rd game of the season live for a variety of issues.

Pros:

1. We do create a decent amount of chances particularly from the wide right positions.

2. Defence is relatively solid, divvi header aside Cash was MOM for me, just infront of NML. Wildsmith good, Nelson also

3. From a tatics pov Warne's substitutions, make sense in timing and position to change the game in our favour (more of that in cons).

Cons:

1. No centre forward quick enough to be on the end of some very dangerous positions. Hope we can keep TJJ until May as this might solve the problem.

2. We can't deliver a ball out of defence effectively or quickly enough and we are static pins for recieving, if the opposition close you down, you need to move a bit more to make your self available for the ball.

3.Warnes subs are ok if you have the right players, we still don't have the players to play 3-5-2.

4. We need to play the game Wycombe were showing us how to do it at every opportunity, we're too nice and instead of playing the same we just got angry.

We should have buried Wycombe Yesterday.

30 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

By the way Wycombe fans were scummy yesterday. Walking back to car group of 4 yoofs felt the need to walk in front of my mum, make her stop to sing "when derby county die" right in her face. She is 83 and four foot nothing. Happy christmas. Well matched to their rouhig/couhig whatever his name is

Not the brightest. Console yourself that they have to watch Wycombe. 

34 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

By the way Wycombe fans were scummy yesterday. Walking back to car group of 4 yoofs felt the need to walk in front of my mum, make her stop to sing "when derby county die" right in her face. She is 83 and four foot nothing. Happy christmas. Well matched to their rouhig/couhig whatever his name is

Hope your mum is ok, there are some absolute cretins in this world 

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Red sky at night , Shepherds delight ! .....

We must be going up .....it's an Omen I tell you !!