Derby vs Wycombe Wanderers

B4’s Sister

50 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Warnes fault, he took too long bringing Bradley on, needs to do it earlier, first half perhaps?

Dire game, dire football, we looked like we had been on the p!ss all month.

Ref was terrible as well, I bloody hate Joey Barton, but I'd invite him round for dinner over that useless cow.

Come on, is it really necessary to use that word to describe the ref? I don't think so.

More of an orange hue from where I was sitting.

Anyone else see Keogh in the aftermath of the penalty? Was simultaneously trying to...

1. Celebrate with his teammates

2. Not celebrate with his teammates too much

3. Move his celebrating teammates away from the Derby fans

4. Apologise to the Derby fans for his teammates celebrating in front of them by applauding the crowd and giving the "calm down" gesture

Poor fella didn't know what to do with himself 😄

20231216_160453.jpg

56 minutes ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Warnes fault, he took too long bringing Bradley on, needs to do it earlier, first half perhaps?

Dire game, dire football, we looked like we had been on the p!ss all month.

Ref was terrible as well, I bloody hate Joey Barton, but I'd invite him round for dinner over that useless cow.

What an appalling comment.

Look at the highlights. Every card was correct. Only the Collins one was debatable, and it was a clear penalty.

4 minutes ago, HeyHudson said:

Anyone else see Keogh in the aftermath of the penalty? Was simultaneously trying to...

4. Apologise to the Derby fans for his teammates celebrating in front of them by applauding the crowd and giving the "calm down" gesture

20231216_160453.jpg

I'm not Keogh's biggest fan, but he joined in the full minute's applause today. As did Fornah.

8 minutes ago, HeyHudson said:

20231216_160453.jpg

30 seconds earlier he was trying to get Ward sent off. He doesn’t give two hoots about Derby. No issues with that but I wish he wouldn’t carry on with this act every year. 

4 minutes ago, angieram said:

I'm not Keogh's biggest fan, but he joined in the full minute's applause today. As did Fornah.

Likewise. He got a decent reception from the East Stand when he was warming up at HT. Couple of isolated boos, but most folks were showing him a bit of love. In response he applauded the fans and patted his hand to his heart. Seemed genuinely touched by it.

8 minutes ago, HeyHudson said:

20231216_160453.jpg

Poor fella didn’t know to put his seat belt on in a car with a drunk driver of a football team that he was captain and should been  leading by example. 
Unfortunately he is still playing. 

1 hour ago, NottsRam77 said:

He played the ball first.. the ball shot off middle of the goal before nml went down 

Their pen, todays game… its just a f****** pen end of , soft as f*** but its pen simple as  

Who played the ball NML? I saw him play the ball but surely it’s late challenge which would be given anywhere else on the pitch.

Edited by Gritstone Ram

3 minutes ago, cstand said:

Poor fella didn’t know to put his seat belt on in a car with a drunk driver of a football team that he was captain and should been  leading by example. 
Unfortunately he is still playing. 

I hear he also didn't know what to spend his £2m compo on either. 
Yer know... the £2m compo he got for not being in a position to adhere to his side of an agreed employment contract.  That £2m compo.

4 minutes ago, Gritstone Ram said:

Who played the ball NML? I saw him play the ball but surely it’s late challenge which would be given anywhere else on the pitch.

From what i saw The defender played the ball .. hence why it spead off to the edge of the box, then Caught nml

rams tv and shaun barker had no complaints either and unless iv missed it it wasnt brought up in the presser afterwards by PW or TB  

thats my clue 🤷

Edited by NottsRam77

Very angry and frustrated tonight!! Genuinely thought we’d done it with a scrappy 1-0 when not at our best playing a team of anti-footballers, then the penalty, right in front of me, absolutely no way in my view, she looked at the Lino who didn’t give then pointed to the spot anyway. I agree with those saying it’s a 2023 penalty but I’d also say it’s one that VAR would give one week then not give it the next. It was extremely soft but then poor defending from Ward and not for the first time today. 

As for Rebecca Welch, this is the third time she’s reffed us. She was excellent the first time, good the second, horrendous today. Managed the game really poorly making a rod for her own back with those early nonsensical yellow cards for Sibley and Mendez-Laing. The Collins Leahy (who is a proper Bamford by the way) handbags could’ve avoided 2 bookings easily, there were two challenges after then on Derby players which were stonewall yellow cards not given, ironically when the crowd shouted you don’t know what you’re doing after the Bird yellow, that decision was spot on, it was the poor decisions prior that contributed to ruining the game. The only time she was consistent was booking vokes for the same offence as Sibley, which then left her a problem when he booted a Derby player in the face, she could’ve easily sent Vokes off for two bookings but that would’ve been a bad call IMO. Genuinely thought she was a class act but take it all back after today, she’s as useless as the usual rabble of officials we get week in week out at this level. Definitely no worse, we’ve had worse refs this season. 

Thought we tried to play today but the players weren’t quite at it. Wildsmith Cashin Ward Hourihane Sibley all below par. Ward I thought really struggled and I’m surprised he stayed on.

Still unbeaten in 6, we were never going to win 10-12 in a row which we would need to do to get the results we want over Christmas and New Year where maximum points will be really useful to us. A win on Thursday sets us up nicely for some tricky Christmas fixtures.