Derby vs Fleetwood Town

B4’s Sister

1 hour ago, jono said:

So with this XG malarkey, does that mean we should have won by 2.04 to 0.87 ? .. so a bit better than 2-1 ?

3-0 seems to suggest XG is a tad flawed ? .. id est .. we got 50% more than XG and then they got .. errrm zero, no votes at all, not a sausage 

It means in the average game you'd expect them to have scored 1 and us to have scored 2. We had better than average finishing, and they had worse than average finishing. Indicates that it was a closer game than the score line would suggest. As I'll say yet again, xG is an overview that is more accurately used in the long run, nothing is without flaws but it's a stat that provides more useful context. 

17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Bizarre match as we had match on tv but had no sound which was about 30 secs behind on my laptop. But another 3-0 was nice. Hope TJJ can stay fit. He and PW looked as if they had good rapport after that late winner last home league match so hope we can keep.  Thanks Jack for missing a sitter and Forest U21s out so we avoid that hassle. Just wish kick-off times for these could be later

On the positive - think your TV sound is working fine. The silence may be due to the Covid era type atmosphere. 

I'm getting unreasonably excited - if we have two trips to Wembley in one season, surely we'll win one...

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

It means in the average game you'd expect them to have scored 1 and us to have scored 2. We had better than average finishing, and they had worse than average finishing. Indicates that it was a closer game than the score line would suggest. As I'll say yet again, xG is an overview that is more accurately used in the long run, nothing is without flaws but it's a stat that provides more useful context. 

What is the average game?!

58 minutes ago, Archied said:

Yep some people just want to slag off our manager and chosen players no matter what , each to they’re own I guess but I just don’t get it ,

Misery loves company mate and they don't come much more miserable than him. I've blocked him now anyway along with a couple of others. Some folk just can't bear to see others take pleasure where they can't and he's one of them.

5 minutes ago, Andicis said:

I would agree that it is statistically more accurate with a large sample size, but you can’t use it as a 100% predictor of one game. TJJ would have buried several of the chances we created. If he stays fit he is an exciting prospect. UTR.

Just now, hintonsboots said:

I would agree that it is statistically more accurate with a large sample size, but you can’t use it as a 100% predictor of one game. TJJ would have buried several of the chances we created. If he stays fit he is an exciting prospect. UTR.

But that's exactly what I said - you can't use it as a predictor of a single game, plenty of games have weird and wonderful xGs. It's generally a way to view sustainability of a string of results though, and provides context to a performance. It's an interesting and useful statistic. 

24 minutes ago, S6 boy said:

So presumably:

Accrington Stanley/Lincoln City
Blackpool
Bolton Wanderers
Bradford City
Burton Albion
Doncaster Rovers
Wigan Athletic/Stockport County

are the options in the next round.  I'm glad there are no U21s in the northern half.

Round of 16 is the last one to be regionalised. If we get through that one we could draw any remaining team in the quarters. 

3 minutes ago, Andicis said:

But that's exactly what I said - you can't use it as a predictor of a single game, plenty of games have weird and wonderful xGs. It's generally a way to view sustainability of a string of results though, and provides context to a performance. It's an interesting and useful statistic. 

Mate, folk aren't really wanting explanations because their minds are already made up and frankly, if folk can't see a use for statistical analysis in sports, then you're wasting your time trying to explain it. 

44 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Just got back from the game and it looked like a record low for a P P game , but it was cold. We certainly warmed the hands of that kid in goal for Fleetwood . But I have been to all 4 Papa games . Do I get a free ticket to Wemberly if we get there?

If you do, there's probably about 1,000 of us would qualify! 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

No , just no. 

1 hour ago, Andicis said:

So if its not a predictor for a single game, why quote the figures for a single game rather than some longer average .... though that would be even more pointless.