Derby vs Port Vale

B4’s Sister

With a different keeper in their goal, that would have been an easy win. In the end, it was hard fought but professional. What a cool finish from JJ. To do that with your first touch after so long out is notable. Let's hope he stays fit and stays here now because we had a glimpse of what he could bring to us that we don't otherwise have.

Just now, DavesaRam said:

Great match, Mr Warne. You sent us out to play football in the front foot. But it wasn’t just gung-ho let’s get at ‘em, it was well managed, using patience when we needed. We had a couple of wobbly bits in midfield, and a couple at the back, but weren’t really threatened. Only one or two Port Vale shots on target all match. We kept playing the ball both on the ground and through the midfield, as well as using wings and crosses. What’s not to like?

He made the correct changes, credit for that. I think a few of us would have liked to have seen those changes sooner, but who cares as long as we win.

12 minutes ago, Andicis said:

Meh performance, good win. Can't gripe too much, but we didn't create a huge amount.

No complaints in the short term.

It was the kind of performance as with quite a few others of ours are which doesn't show signs of translating to the league above against better opposition but will beat most in this league.

I'm willing to accept the idea that Warne is only being judged on the short term ie our (very good) chances of promotion but it doesn't change my long term assessment .

Edited by May Contain Nuts

Final from the posh seats…

Credit to Warne for trying to win the game with his changes. He could’ve easily have copped out and taken Wilson off, for example, but he didn’t. He made positive changes and shape changes to try and win. 

Hourihane and Collins continue to be millstone around the team’s neck. Keep TJJ fit and he’s your striker, he possesses actual quality.

Fornah showed another quality what we were missing with Smith. He was everywhere. He covered an incredible amount of ground. 

1 minute ago, May Contain Nuts said:

No complaints in the short term.

It was the kind of performance as some others  of ours are which doesn't show signs of translating to the league above against better opposition but will beat most in this league.

I'm willing to accept the idea that Warne is only being judged on the short term ie our (very good) chances of promotion but it doesn't change my long term assessment .

Tomorrow is promised to no one my friend, enjoy the moment 😊 

Deserved win, a huge win considering the orher results tonight too. 4 in a row, a clean sheet & TJJ back from injury with a goal.

Shame that despite this people still needlessly need to have digs at players like Bradley & Collins, really what is the point? It is of no benefit to anyone & just shows negativity when its not needed.

We have won 4 in a row, one of the most in form teams in the league, joint best defence & within touching distance of the top 2 without really hitting top performances YET, they will come as confidence grows, Warne himself said this is the time of year his teams start to click & kick on in the league.

Random things I noticed at the end… Warne really did a comedic screech in joy half way down the tunnel whilst giving someone a big hug. Same bloke also really gave TJJ a huge cuddle too. Wildsmith really appreciative of the applause. Barkhuizen left the pitch earlier than the others but did go way out his way to shake the refs hand. 

5 minutes ago, DCFC1388 said:

Deserved win, a huge win considering the orher results tonight too. 4 in a row, a clean sheet & TJJ back from injury with a goal.

Shame that despite this people still needlessly need to have digs at players like Bradley & Collins, really what is the point? It is of no benefit to anyone & just shows negativity when its not needed.

We have won 4 in a row, one of the most in form teams in the league, joint best defence & within touching distance of the top 2 without really hitting top performances YET, they will come as confidence grows, Warne himself said this is the time of year his teams start to click & kick on in the league.

Click and kick-on it is then. I'm all for that! Oh, and  no going back to "wing it and whack it" please, becuase doing it this way works!