Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

8 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I have already said that was a bizarre substitution. But, do you think that one odd decision absolves the players from any poor performance during the preceding 85 minutes during which time the damage was done? 

Simple question for you: Do you honestly think the players should be completely free from any blame at all? If not, then I don't know what we're arguing about as that's all I suggested.

Go on then, apportion the blame. Warne picked them and Warne substituted or didn't - players like Weston. Yes maybe the players didn't play to their full potential but yet again who set them up to play how they did? Who didn't change things to get more out of them? Who didn't know how to get better from the squad?

Edited by RoyMac5

That was the same team aoart from 2, we was excellent at times on saturday, tonight the players also have to take some responsibility, first goal, Cashin awful ball, 2nd goal Hourihane awful pass, 3rd, no one picking up the runner from a corner, midfield 3 great on saturday tonight awful all of them, no movement, and there passing was school boy at best, so the players at times need to roll there sleeves up, and play for the shirt, yes Warne has made errors, but tonight the players also need a long hard look in the mirror, which team will turn up against Bristol Rovers, I hope its the one that turned up against Northampton and Barnsley, and not the one that turned up tonight or Fleetwood. Once A Ram Always A Ram. 

1 minute ago, JPRamFan said:

I'm not defending Warne and I am not a fan of him, but was tonight maybe one game too many from this set of fixtures since the October international break? This is our fourth midweek game in a row. 8 games in 24 days.

It's a valid point, but he did have the option to start fresh legs and chose not to. It would seem the players might not have been terribly impressed with that call, though right now I can't say I'm too impressed with them either. That said, if they reappear in 11 days and batter Rovers, I'm sure I'll get over it.

COYR

If you set out to make “get it wide and cross it” your only strategy to win game, then start 2 wingers who aren’t remotely “hit the byline and cross it” types, and have Collins as the only guy getting in the box, you aren’t going to win many games. That’s not really the players fault.

4 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Go on then, apportion the blame. Warne picked them and Warne substituted or didn't - players like Weston. Yes maybe the players didn't play to their full potential but yet again who set them up to play how they did? Who didn't change things to get more out of them? Who didn't know how to get better from the squad?

The classic RoyMac method of discussion, completely ignore the question asked and answer with another question of your own. 

1 minute ago, duncanjwitham said:

If you set out to make “get it wide and cross it” your only strategy to win game, then start 2 wingers who aren’t remotely “hit the byline and cross it” types, and have Collins as the only guy getting in the box, you aren’t going to win many games. That’s not really the players fault.

To be fair to Warne he mentioned this in his radio Derby interview, and said we should not have kept hitting the ball in the area time and time again, we should have been more patient and try to work out better openings, the players chose to do this. 

1 minute ago, RoyMac5 said:

Go on then, apportion the blame. Warne picked them and Warne substituted or didn't - players like Weston. Yes maybe the players didn't play to their full potential but yet again who set them up to play how they did? Who didn't change things to get more out oif them? Who didn't know how to get better from the squad?

OK so 100% Warne's fault. Even if the players made mistakes/didn't play well etc it's all Warne's fault - if you say so.

I wasn't at the game (were you?) I'm just suggesting maybe there should be an element of shared responsivity (but mostly Warne's). A concept you can't seem to accept.  

Just now, Tamworthram said:

OK so 100% Warne's fault. Even if the players made mistakes/didn't play well etc it's all Warne's fault - if you say so.

I wasn't at the game (were you?) I'm just suggesting maybe there should be an element of shared responsivity (but mostly Warne's). A concept you can't seem to accept.  

When did I say I couldn't accept it? 😄

What did Warne say tonight btw? Where you there?