Derby County Versus Crewe Alexandra - Match Day Thread - ( FA Cup 1st Rd Replay )

S8TY

2 minutes ago, DavesaRam said:

If, as it sounds on RD and from the comments on here it was tactics. We reverted to rattling it down the wings and put 15,000 crosses in to Crewe defenders.

How did we get away with playing proper football for the previous 2 matches? Was Warne off sick or something?

I suspect you may well be right but do we, or RD, really know what PW said to the player? I wonder if he said them ALWAYS try to get it wide and cross it? 

8 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Notts County - 90 mins played (mostly on the wings), 2 goals

Shrewsbury - 90 mins played (RW)

Exeter - 71 mins (AM)

Stevenage - 45 mins (AM), 1 assist

Northampton - not used

Crewe - 11 mins (AM), 1 assist

Barnsley - 5 mins (CF)

Crewe - 59 mins (RW), 1 assist

That's 2 goals and 3 assists in just 371 minutes over the past 5 weeks.

And in 7 minutes on Saturday he hit the bar from an outrageous angle that no-one else would have the guts to try.

1 minute ago, DavesaRam said:

If, as it sounds on RD and from the comments on here it was tactics. We reverted to rattling it down the wings and put 15,000 crosses in to Crewe defenders.

How did we get away with playing proper football for the previous 2 matches? Was Warne off sick or something?

If the other team stand off us, we pass it around a bit.  I suspect almost against Warne’s instructions - he’s moaned about us playing through the middle too much multiple times after these kinds of performances.  If the other team set out to stop us playing through the middle, we just revert to get it wide and lump it in, and look terrible doing it.

I haven’t seen the game tonight, so I don’t if that applies here, but it’s certainly been the general pattern while Warne has been in charge.

3 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

That leaves the club with a Lot less money to pay the bills 

We've made 60k - minus costs-or something from that Pizza aberration we win in that no-one can be arsed with. Real cups don't count.  We don't need a million quid from getting to the 3rd round in those and getting a decent game or two.     

34 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

NML is our only spark in the side generally whilst our defence is at best average and our generally played central midfield are ponderous- I hope that helps oh and Crewe seem to be better than a few of the sides in league one ( third division) 

second tightest defence in the league, no?