Ali Al-Hamadi - Signed for Ipswich Town

Carnero

23 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

Warne did mention in his recent presser with Dom he’s looking at league two players who could improve us, wonder If Ali Is one.

Would be nice. He does look a cut above in that league. Not sure how we would afford what they’d want though. 

• 1 month later...
On 25/12/2023 at 14:59, ram59 said:

Stats wise, I've just been looking at Dan Kemp, on loan a Swindon from MK with a recall possible. Only six months on his contract, 11 goals and 8 assists this season.

Impressive stats but he is a bit of a goal hanger. Not really the third midfielder we crave.

On 25/12/2023 at 14:59, ram59 said:

Stats wise, I've just been looking at Dan Kemp, on loan a Swindon from MK with a recall possible. Only six months on his contract, 11 goals and 8 assists this season.

Already played for 2 teams. Can't play for a third.

26 minutes ago, S8TY said:

It just annoys me that we don’t seem to see these sort of  players until they’re worth too much…. like before he joined Wimbledon for example 

We did with this specific player, didn’t we? He was on trial. Couldn’t sign him due to our issues. 

18 minutes ago, Srg said:

We did with this specific player, didn’t we? He was on trial. Couldn’t sign him due to our issues. 

Oh really ? I didn’t know that I would still like us to take a punt now and again on someone lower down the leagues 

I remember Bobby Davison being a brilliant signing but hadn’t heard about him much before we signed him  …we don’t seem to go for up and coming talent 

Also Simmo …what a great signing he was and scored so many for a wide midfielder better than some strikers 

Just now, S8TY said:

Oh really ? I didn’t know that I would still like us to take a punt now and again on someone lower down the leagues 

I remember Bobby Davison being a brilliant signing but hadn’t heard about him much before we signed him  …we don’t seem to go for up and coming talent 

Also Simmo …what a great signing he was and scored so many for a wide midfielder better than some strikers 

Far as I remember Simmo was pretty well known.  Started at Man City and had played with Oxford in the first division.  Cost about 550k.  Record for a forward player then was Saunders who we sold for 2.9 million, so he was reasonably pricey.

Just now, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Far as I remember Simmo was pretty well known.  Started at Man City and had played with Oxford in the first division.  Cost about 550k.  Record for a forward player then was Saunders who we sold for 2.9 million, so he was reasonably pricey.

Saunders was 1m from Oxford as I can see the back of the sun now ….in the days of no transfer window …it was early morning and I’d popped in to get my paper on the way to work …at first set of traffic lights I flipped the paper over to get the sport news first of course and there in big bold letters was “ Rams sign Saunders for 1M “ 

I had to pull over and read the whole article I was that excited lol great signing but was a gamble still 

I thought simmo was about 250 - 300k from City or Oxford 

9 minutes ago, S8TY said:

Saunders was 1m from Oxford as I can see the back of the sun now ….in the days of no transfer window …it was early morning and I’d popped in to get my paper on the way to work …at first set of traffic lights I flipped the paper over to get the sport news first of course and there in big bold letters was “ Rams sign Saunders for 1M “ 

I had to pull over and read the whole article I was that excited lol great signing but was a gamble still 

I thought simmo was about 250 - 300k from City or Oxford 

£500kfrom Oxford - 1992

Edited by BOB BIGGS
Typo