Ali Al-Hamadi - Signed for Ipswich Town

Carnero

8 hours ago, S8TY said:

Saunders was 1m from Oxford as I can see the back of the sun now ….in the days of no transfer window …it was early morning and I’d popped in to get my paper on the way to work …at first set of traffic lights I flipped the paper over to get the sport news first of course and there in big bold letters was “ Rams sign Saunders for 1M “ 

I had to pull over and read the whole article I was that excited lol great signing but was a gamble still 

I thought simmo was about 250 - 300k from City or Oxford 

I remember when we signed Franny from city ,family holiday in the isle of man and I`d fetched the paper (Daily Express) for my Dad .Turned to the back page as I walked back to the B+B,I was overjoyed

(memories)

Edited by Alan Ramage 4 EVA

10 hours ago, S8TY said:

Oh really ? I didn’t know that I would still like us to take a punt now and again on someone lower down the leagues 

I remember Bobby Davison being a brilliant signing but hadn’t heard about him much before we signed him  …we don’t seem to go for up and coming talent 

Also Simmo …what a great signing he was and scored so many for a wide midfielder better than some strikers 

He was on trial, then played and scored in a game just 1 week before we went in to admin which would have stopped us signing any players (even for the U23/21 side). It took him 2 months to then find a new club (Wycombe).

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/09/under-23s-settle-for-a-draw-in-premier-league-cup-thriller-at-norwich

19 hours ago, S8TY said:

Saunders was 1m from Oxford as I can see the back of the sun now ….in the days of no transfer window …it was early morning and I’d popped in to get my paper on the way to work …at first set of traffic lights I flipped the paper over to get the sport news first of course and there in big bold letters was “ Rams sign Saunders for 1M “ 

I had to pull over and read the whole article I was that excited lol great signing but was a gamble still 

I thought simmo was about 250 - 300k from City or Oxford 

Bit of a Marianakis club swop really as it was from one Maxwell bank account to another.  Remember Mark Lawrenson resigning in protest.