January Reinforcements

sage

Who's still here in January, from the likes of Cashin, Bird, Hourihane, Nyambe and John Jules. If Elder and Thompson come off it and no one else goes on the injury list. Will determine who we'll need to bring in

But whatever happens, I think we'll still need a strong aggressive box to box midfielder and a big mobil centre forward that's good in the air, can hold on to the ball and can compete physically with opposition centre backs.

18 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

We might need to replace Bird and Cashin. Could end up being a tricky window, especially if Nyambe gets nabbed as well.

Which is why you go for promotion at the earliest opportunity.  There is no such thing as a rebuild.  The longer we're here, the more bricks you need and the underpinning gets more expensive every season.

1 hour ago, jameso said:

Is Moxon the Carlisle midfielder? If so I didn’t think he was particularly good against us but he saw the ball enough to suggest he’s probably better than that most weeks.

Yeah, I agree he wasn’t great when we played them, but @Ambitious put together a convincing propaganda campaign in the summer that sucked me in. I think it went along the lines of goals, assists and physicality from the middle of the park.

1 hour ago, Rambalin said:

We aren't getting 3 mill plus in January for Cashin he will then only have 6 months left on his contract so could walk for development costs only.If Brighton or anyone else are interested they will want a cut price deal.

How do you think? 

4 hours ago, sage said:

They offered £3.6m in the summer 

Six months left on his contract and not pulled up many trees this season. £500k will be on offer, I reckon. Maybe £1m if we can create an auction. Or the club can refuse and let Cash's contract run down till the summer.

32 minutes ago, Carl Sagan said:

Six months left on his contract and not pulled up many trees this season. £500k will be on offer, I reckon. Maybe £1m if we can create an auction. Or the club can refuse and let Cash's contract run down till the summer.

We are due a fair wedge of compo. There is no way it will go from 3.6 to 500k in a few months.

If that was the case we would have taken the 3.6 regardless of loan backs