January Reinforcements

sage

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The players have to be interested in coming as well. Come on there was easily time today to get a better striking option than Lee Gregory if we had a manager with a pull factor would have jumped at the chance to play for us. When rosenior was here players turned down championship clubs to come here 

Look at Hulls forward options now. Players can't wait to go there

3 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

The players have to be interested in coming as well. Come on there was easily time today to get a better striking option than Lee Gregory if we had a manager with a pull factor would have jumped at the chance to play for us. When rosenior was here players turned down championship clubs to come here 

Fair point. I suspect it may have been a combination of Warne lacking the 'pull factor', and insufficient funds to get a deal over the line.  

2 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

What about CBT who was apparently linked to championship clubs. 

Curtis Nelson, Sonny Bradley and Ryan Nyambe who apparently had championship interest.

this “pull” narrative is such bs. Nearly every player who signs for us says how current players have told them to sign because of how good it is. If players didn’t like Warne I don’t think they’d be telling mates to come to the club.

Same thing happened in the summer ppl saying mcgoldrick left because of Warne but him and Warne still talk regularly. 

Its a lazy made up argument fans go along with because they don’t like Warne for his style of football etc.

Just now, G STAR RAM said:

What an absolute bunch of whinging cry babies some of you are.

Knew that it wouldn't take many of you long to forget where we were 18 months ago.

Give over. Please.

4 minutes ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

I thought he’d done an interview with Rams TV early in the season that he didn’t expect to be here in his preferred central position 🤷‍♂️.

I remember from his interview when he signed.  However, this is Derby so he may have been talking bollox like everyone else seems too.

Personally, I am not surprised. The closer you get to the deadline, the more desperate it all becomes and you have to wonder if it’s worth the trouble.

It’s much better to regroup and plan for the summer. Now we can lay some groundwork and hopefully the summer business will be more joined up and measured.

The only misstep we’ve made in my eyes is banking on John Jules staying fit. That’s the regrettable thing when it was clear just how much a gamble it was.

There is still plenty to be intrigued about. CBT and Adams are interesting signings who promise a lot. We just have to hope Collins stays fit and Waghorn and Washington are getting closer to fitness.

Money is obviously under wraps until the restrictions are lifted and I struggle to see what we can do when selling clubs hold all the cards. We don’t have the financial flexibility currently of teams like Bolton, Portsmouth, Charlton and Blackpool.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

What an absolute bunch of whinging cry babies some of you are.

Knew that it wouldn't take many of you long to forget where we were 18 months ago.

There's always someone wanting to go against the grain just to be different 

1 minute ago, Sheepinthedales said:

Look at Hulls forward options now. Players can't wait to go there

Strange comparison. We’re a million miles off being at that level now, what’s more concerning is that we’re acting like a mid table League one side.