January Reinforcements

sage

In my View we have just shot promotion straight in the foot .

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

Im all for Clowes i dont want him spending silly money ( lesson learned ) 

But for me midfield is terrible i dont agree that hourihane and Bird are what we need . If we are that tight on funds what a missed opportunity , why not sell bird get a fee and his wages off the books and with that get the midfielder in we have got in who i believe is a bit off a tackler what we have been crying out for !! . But also free up wages and money to go for a better striker .

I have always been a Warne fan think he is a grwat bloke doing a good job in still some fairly difficult circumstances but i think he has totally shot us in the foot here for going up , why he couldnt see off loading bird and getting a decent striker in is beyond me . We wont make autos now and i doubt we will win a playoff as derby sides are known for bottling it when the time comes . 

Put my tin hat on but its how i feel right now .

Just cant believe we havent got a striker in and we only have one fit that everyone is not convinced about , and neither am i .

6 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

But for me midfield is terrible i dont agree that hourihane and Bird are what we need . If we are that tight on funds what a missed opportunity , why not sell bird get a fee and his wages off the books and with that get the midfielder in we have got in who i believe is a bit off a tackler what we have been crying out for !! . But also free up wages and money to go for a better striker .

I have always been a Warne fan think he is a grwat bloke doing a good job in still some fairly difficult circumstances but i think he has totally shot us in the foot here for going up , why he couldnt see off loading bird and getting a decent striker in is beyond me . We wont make autos now and i doubt we will win a playoff as derby sides are known for bottling it when the time comes . 

Just cant believe we havent got a striker in and we only have one fit that everyone is not convinced about , and neither am i .

There's all today yet 🤞😂

14 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

The deadline is 11pm tonight, maybe we should all wait until 11:01pm to fully panic.

EDIT - also on your point about everyone not being convinced by our one fit striker…. I am 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

Have been a fan of Collins since he signed, he’s hard working and scores goals as he has done all his career. 18 and counting for the season, 13 in the league, I’m convinced.

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

10 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

It did make the forum quite fun when we were given ITK stuff all the time but in terms of actually running the football club, it's tons better this way.

Are “Rabbits out the hat “ more exiting ? Or are the club giving us less time to get hold of the medical records of these players ? Adams has had some injuries I have never seen before .

18 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

Still over 12 hours left to sign one

But for me midfield is terrible i dont agree that hourihane and Bird are what we need . If we are that tight on funds what a missed opportunity , why not sell bird get a fee and his wages off the books and with that get the midfielder in we have got in who i believe is a bit off a tackler what we have been crying out for !! .

It seems like you missed yesterday's news - we signed a defensive midfielder... Exactly wehat you're crying over. We also didn't need to sell our best midfielder to get someone in.

But also free up wages and money to go for a better striker .

Seems like you put your tin hat on too early and can't see what's right in frot of you. There's still budget left in the pot to sign a forward WITHOUT selling anyone.

Convinced there will be a bit of action today.

There will be a striker, Gregory may be plan C or D, but if we have to fall back on him I reckon we will.

Outgoings wouldn't surprise me either - think Wildsmith, Cashin, Oduroh, Ward, Bird, Sibley, Fornah, Barkhuizen, Robinson, Radcliffe, Allen, Fapetu and Weston could all be subject to late moves, albeit more than likely loans.

Devil's advocate - would you swap Sibley for a striker, loan or otherwise?

Edited by Rample

28 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

giphy.gif

32 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

Fozzie Bear Reaction GIF

29 minutes ago, NottsRammy said:

NO STRIKER AGAIN !! 

This time yesterday there were zero links to Ebou Adams. In his interview, he said he knew of a serious interest from Derby around 2 months ago. The interest really ramped up just before he went off to Afcon, that would’ve been 3 weeks ago.

So many transfers are left to the final day, it’s always happened. Just because we haven’t had any proper links to anyone beyond Smith or Gregory, doesn’t mean that nothings going to happen.

Just wait and see. If the Club weren’t confident of another incoming today then I’m pretty sure they’d have left the Adams announcement til today.

12 minutes ago, Rample said:

There will be a striker, Gregory may be plan C or D, but if we have to fall back on him I reckon we will.

Outgoings wouldn't surprise me either - think Wildsmith, Cashin, Oduroh, Ward, Bird, Sibley, Fornah, Barkhuizen, Robinson, Radcliffe, Allen, Fapetu and Weston could all be subject to late moves, albeit more than likely loans.

only losing half the squad then? 

Thinking What GIF by ION

20 minutes ago, Rample said:

Bold are more likely ones - we know there's been interest in Weston, and a midfielder in last night would hint at the rest.

Sibley though, is currently our best available left (wing) back. Elder's close, but not likely to be back for Charlton on Saturday if we're still working on the 10 days.

7 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

only losing half the squad then? 

Thinking What GIF by ION

Not saying they will all go, just that I can see there being interest in people taking them and us moving them out for the right deal, and in honesty apart from 2 or 3 they'd barely affect the bench given Warne's preferences.