January Reinforcements

sage

36 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Just dont know any more.

Agree we have limited finances but seem to remember talk from summer window and since that our wage bill is high for the division or at least one of better ones suggesting we have not wanted to pay fees but have paid relatively high wages for short term experienced pros. So presume it is having used wage budget for first team squad that is limiting us.  

Lots of criticism of Mark Thomas but if his remit is to bring in strong players for that next generation looking slightly longer term and PW needs to manage with short term contract older pros with a CBT here and there that isnt fair on either Warne or Thomas as both being slated for what perhaps has always been the plan ?🤷‍♀️.  

This is why I think it is harder to be patient and supportive of current strategy as a fan.  If this is the case and club had said we are building for the future and will do our best to go up this year but bear with us may have been less criticism and more patience.

Other alternative is we cant afford to sack Warne this year and not risking his choices in this window so doing our best to keep Bird/cash hoping we do go up but that we bring in new manager in summer with different outlook who they may wish to sign for.

Who knows? Just seems shambolic but perhaps its not

I don’t know about Shambolic , but we do know , we have a 4 year plan . If we wanted to go up strong like Ipswich , would we be paying top wages to ageing players with injury issues? We look to be “ Steadying the Ship “. 

1 hour ago, Jourdan said:

Let’s see what happens, but I think we have to be prepared for the reality of our limited finances.

yet warnes gambling our money like an addict at ladbrooks,whatever value has been added to the club since admin,has been more than wiped out with the wages of his failed bets

19 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

I don’t know about Shambolic , but we do know , we have a 4 year plan . If we wanted to go up strong like Ipswich , would we be paying top wages to ageing players with injury issues? We look to be “ Steadying the Ship “. 

Every year we have a 4 year plan just we never progress from #1.  I don’t recall the current plan though.  I would guess that if yr1 dies not result in promotion then yr2 season ticket sales will reflect this?

17 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

yet warnes gambling our money like an addict at ladbrooks,whatever value has been added to the club since admin,has been more than wiped out with the wages of his failed bets

The age old question then, how much are his “failed bets” bing paid? And he’s not gambling like an addict at Ladbrokes. That what we did under Mel when more and more silly money was spent on an ever growing squad.

Edited by Tamworthram

8 minutes ago, TINMANTED said:

Weird analogy, especially when nothing has been decided for this season yet.

If those signings (which I agree some of which could have been avoided) get us promoted won’t they have added value? 
Also, while Warne is part of the blame for recruitment, haven’t we told by Warne and others at the club on more than one occasion that recruitment is currently a committee process involving at least Warne, Thomas and Pearce? They’re all involved in the decision making process around the player and the finances, not just Warne. 

1 minute ago, Gerry Daly said:

They are getting one of the auto places for certain. Can we finish above Bolton and Peterborough for the other one? I wouldn’t bet much money on it would you?

The Bolton game is huge in March will NML be available for that as I think it's international break and I don't think we will hit the quota of 3 call ups for a postponement unless Washington is back fit for a call up then?

5 minutes ago, Gerry Daly said:

They are getting one of the auto places for certain. Can we finish above Bolton and Peterborough for the other one? I wouldn’t bet much money on it would you?

They’re getting moxon to replace Robertson and Morell who are both out injured. Robertson for the season and Morell probably for a good chunk of what’s left. So they’ve actually gotten weaker and have only won 3 games in the last 9. I’d say they’ll finish 4th/5th.

8 minutes ago, Eoghan1884 said:

They’re getting moxon to replace Robertson and Morell who are both out injured. Robertson for the season and Morell probably for a good chunk of what’s left. So they’ve actually gotten weaker and have only won 3 games in the last 9. I’d say they’ll finish 4th/5th.

Indeed, seems coming from behind to win away at Oxford isn’t for everyone 😉 🐏 

27 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

The age old question then, how much are his “failed bets” bing paid? And he’s not gambling like an addict at Ladbrokes. That what we did under Mel when more and more silly money was spent on an ever growing squad.

aren't we limited to 12k a month wages,an addict is an addict,whether they have a penny or a pound.warne has gambled with his budget

This is where we are folks image.png.f1fb7a31fee83c55932a09237d46bcaf.png I don't see Cashin being sold, It's getting close for Bird and his agent, So a cheap loan young player or one that's close to the knackers yard, I don't see autos at the end of the season, I see a play off place at best where 3 games are make or break 🤷‍♂️