January Reinforcements

sage

5 minutes ago, Wignall12 said:

There'll be lots more slagging Management/Players/Ownership/lack of investment etc. Then if anyone signs they will be "hopeless, useless, too old, too young, he's no good on Football manager " etc.

How sad but true 

13 minutes ago, Srg said:

Fornah maybe the other one. Although he would be more annoying to lose than Ward. 

I’ve had a long held suspicion that Fornah hasn’t quite fit into the dynamic within the dressing room and Warne’s way of doing things. There were some comments post match a couple of months ago by Hourihane about players who felt they should be playing, and a couple of other bits that have made me think maybe Fornah isn’t happy with his lot and maybe isn’t shy in saying so. 
It’s more a feeling and assumption based on little things than anything obvious, things like those comments from Hourihane at a time when Fornah wasn’t playing and Fornah’s celebrations when he assisted against Bristol Rovers. 
It could be any of Fornah, Ward or Smith I guess, the rest have all been more or less involved when available.

22 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

I’ve had a long held suspicion that Fornah hasn’t quite fit into the dynamic within the dressing room and Warne’s way of doing things. There were some comments post match a couple of months ago by Hourihane about players who felt they should be playing, and a couple of other bits that have made me think maybe Fornah isn’t happy with his lot and maybe isn’t shy in saying so. 
It’s more a feeling and assumption based on little things than anything obvious, things like those comments from Hourihane at a time when Fornah wasn’t playing and Fornah’s celebrations when he assisted against Bristol Rovers. 
It could be any of Fornah, Ward or Smith I guess, the rest have all been more or less involved when available.

Fornah always gees up the crowd, he did it again yesterday too. I like him a bit more for it. Shows a bit of passion. He should be starting games for us. 

The ideal scenario would probably be 3 in, 2 out (Smith & Ward).

Get in a centre mid (Arblaster/Moxon), a centre forward (Smith/Mubama) then maybe someone who can play out wide & in the 10 (Olakigbe)

Would give us a better balance in the squad. Warne did mention maybe 1 or 2 out & offers being in.

11 minutes ago, Srg said:

Fornah always gees up the crowd, he did it again yesterday too. I like him a bit more for it. Shows a bit of passion. He should be starting games for us. 

Yeah, I’m not for one second saying I want him to leave. Just added 2 and 2 together to get 5 in my own head around who might be restless in the dressing room.

His celebration that game looked like a release of emotion and frustration as much as geeing up the crowd. Could be just because he was relieved in the moment, or could have been a bigger thing of finally showing what he can offer .

Edited by Caerphilly Ram

5 hours ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Apologies if this has been mentioned. But did Warne say on the radio last night that we've put a loan bid in for a striker at a premier league club and were waiting on them singing a striker before they let him out?

If so, my money would be on Nathan Fraser at Wolves.

What would make Fraser any better than Dajaune Brown, who I think is more prolific in PL2? And that's saying something when he's playing for us, after everything our academy has been through. Not criticizing, just am genuinely curious.

3 hours ago, Eoghan1884 said:

For the premier league player, we have been linked to Michael Olakigbe a young winger from Brentford. Brentford have just agreed a 30 million fee for a winger so if it is him he could now be allowed leave on loan. 

Oh no not Brentford....I'm still not over 'zoon....

Unless a significant player is sold in the next few days I very much doubt that anyone will be signed that would be considered to be in our strongest XI. We’ll be looking for squad cover.

If we have missed out on Goodwin (who has signed for Oxford for £400k) because of budget then we’re not going to be signing a better striker than Collins - who is on course for 25+ goals this season. But we do need cover for him, being that he’s the only fit striker at the club at the moment.

1 minute ago, StarterForTen said:

Unless a significant player is sold in the next few days I very much doubt that anyone will be signed that would be considered to be in our strongest XI. We’ll be looking for squad cover.

If we have missed out on Goodwin (who has signed for Oxford for £400k) because of budget then we’re not going to be signing a better striker than Collins - who is on course for 25+ goals this season. But we do need cover for him, being that he’s the only fit striker at the club at the moment.

I think I heard Warne say others (assume he means waghorn and washington) are back in not many weeks.

So maybe there is hope.

23 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

I think I heard Warne say others (assume he means waghorn and washington) are back in not many weeks.

So maybe there is hope.

It hasn’t been confirmed that it was Goodwin.

3 hours ago, DCFC1388 said:

The ideal scenario would probably be 3 in, 2 out (Smith & Ward).

Get in a centre mid (Arblaster/Moxon), a centre forward (Smith/Mubama) then maybe someone who can play out wide & in the 10 (Olakigbe)

Would give us a better balance in the squad. Warne did mention maybe 1 or 2 out & offers being in.

Be surprised if we bring in 2 never mind we, definitely agree with you though, perfection would be 1 big Eustace type midfielder 1 ball carrying box to box CAM and a striker but that’s dreamland. 

I expect a last min striker on loan and probably 1/2 out

11 minutes ago, Topram said:

Be surprised if we bring in 2 never mind we, definitely agree with you though, perfection would be 1 big Eustace type midfielder 1 ball carrying box to box CAM and a striker but that’s dreamland. 

I expect a last min striker on loan and probably 1/2 out

Who will the half be 😮

4 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

On the comment about someone on the fringes not getting the game time they want, I wondered about Joe Ward.  Nyambe comes back this week and Wilson has jumped ahead of him at full back.  Smith can also play there.  In the wide midfield position we have NML and Wilson ahead of him on that side.  Just a thought 🤷‍♂️.

Wilson has not jumped ahead of him. Nyambe will be straight back in.

Question is - will Wilson stay on the RW with NML or will Wilson drop to the bench.

NML is way more effective out wide and assuming CBT is always on the left, we have our wingers.

We are desperate for a 10 or a creative attacking midfielder. That for me is the most important position we sign.

1 minute ago, rammieib said:

Wilson has not jumped ahead of him. Nyambe will be straight back in.

Question is - will Wilson stay on the RW with NML or will Wilson drop to the bench.

NML is way more effective out wide and assuming CBT is always on the left, we have our wingers.

We are desperate for a 10 or a creative attacking midfielder. That for me is the most important position we sign.

I meant Wilson has jumped ahead of Ward at RB. Agree Nyambe will be 1st choice when available.  I think is Ward is now 3rd choice for both RB and RW positions.

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Fornah maybe the other one. Although he would be more annoying to lose than Ward. 

4 hours ago, Srg said:

Agreed. And the Fornah rumour worries me too, if it's true. If Warne acquiesces and moves to 4-3-3, then surely he's not superfluous to requirements. Far from it I'd have thought. We looked a different side completely when he and Thommo came on and I'd struggle to see much logic in letting him go unless the he's is kicking off. Seemed pretty committed to my eye though, so hopefully just gossip.

Edited by Comrade 86

7 minutes ago, Comrade 86 said:

Agreed. And the Fornah rumour worries me too, if it's true. If Warne acquiesces and moves to 4-3-3, then surely he's not superfluous to requirements. Fat from it I'd have thought. We looked a different side completely when he and Thommo came on and I'd struggle to see much logic in letting him go unless the he's is kicking off. Seemed pretty committed to my eye though, so hopefully just gossip.

Are we looking at a 4 3 3 or 3 at the back as our favoured formation allowing for the 3 in midfield which we desperately need 🤔