January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

If it was his personal fortune, it would be  more likely that you’re right about this.  

Right about what? I’m not looking to be right about anything.

I’m pointing out that speculating about Clowes willingness or ability to invest at this point does nothing for anyone. Also, it ignores the fact we are (factually, most definitely) subject to an approved business plan. Which means it’s realistic to accept we may not yet be able to spend large sums (relative to the league we’re in and our impressive following) regardless of whether Clowes can or will put money in above what he already has. 

27 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Surely BT would have reported this first 😬. Take it with a pinch of salt until he does 😊

It was also confirmed by a local journo there also. And since sunday mirror editor:

image.png.222a05e114796df85b843a7459b8d3d1.png

Pinch of salt obviously but quite a few journos saying it now.

I think CBT is actually a very low risk signing for us, if we pull it off.

He is coming into his prime years and he is a proven threat at League 1 level, so he would be a key player to build around next season if we had to go again.

If we got promoted, he also has the kind of attributes that could scale up in the Championship too.

£400-500,000 seems a lot given we are used to signing free transfers and loans now, but if his career trajectory continues as it is, we could turn a £500,000 signing into a £3-4 million player with the right development.

19 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Seems that Charlton are holding firm at 500k, also making The bids public in an attempt to create a bidding war. Told CBT IS still top target

Do you reckon we get it done? 

4 hours ago, JohnoDCFC said:

January is a tough window to get players  that will strengthen as we did the opposite this time last year. Don’t think there will be any movement until the last week of the window. You can look at the likes of Charlton who are strengthening but look where they are in table. We aren’t in the position to throw money at clubs and players. 

My hatred towards Stephen Pearce will never go but David Clowes will know the position we are in with Portsmouth faltering and Peterborough likely to lose a couple of players as well as their captain, patience is needed with signings. Extending Nyambe Cashin and NML’s contracts have been clearly outlined as the first objectives this window. 

As for transfer movement..CBT has to be the top target as Warne has identified and described him in so many post match interviews this season, needing more ‘pace’.  I wouldn’t be against Michael Smith on loan as Warne gets the best out of him. A loan player from a PL club would be my guess if we fail signing CBT. A midfielder like Arblaster is exactly who we need as well. 

A very small positive is we are being linked/interested in the right players who would strengthen us, the hard part is obviously getting them in. No more Springetts or Harvery Whites. The club HAVE to get the signings right which is the why they are being patient and rightly so.

I don’t think you are the only Rams fan that dislikes Pearce . It’s a shame we never got the chance to storm on to the PP pitch in protest ( Like Reading Fans ).If only to see Pearce running for the exit to his waiting Limo. ( would his salary free up funds for a striker?)

On 10/01/2024 at 16:55, Big Trav said:

Have it on good authority that the 2 main targets are Dobra and CBT, but finances are difficult so unless some leave (Smith,Sibley etc) we aren’t getting them, and then it’ll be youngsters on loan and more than likely nearer the end of the window we see movement. Sorry to be a downer 

What's changed 😏

51 minutes ago, Big Trav said:

Seems that Charlton are holding firm at 500k, also making The bids public in an attempt to create a bidding war. Told CBT IS still top target

Beryl thinks we might get him for 350k….just what she has heard 😊

23 hours ago, Barney1991 said:

I’ve just seen clowes in Starbucks in derby he dropped all his coppers on the floor and is currently under the 2 seater trying to find a 2p coin 

I do wonder if warne has created a WhatsApp group with all the players we are after to save time and find out if they are good humans at the same time 

Tired Good Night GIF

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Surely BT would have reported this first 😬. Take it with a pinch of salt until he does 😊

I find your constant sniping at Big Trav really irritating. 

He is only trying to tell us snippets he's heard and has got a lot more right than wrong.

Whereas what you're doing is totally negative.

38 minutes ago, angieram said:

He is only trying to tell us snippets he's heard and has got a lot more right than wrong.

Well said. This poster never misses an opportunity to get a dig in - extremely boring and monotonous.

1 hour ago, angieram said:

Sorry, couldn’t resist. You do remember the last day of the last transfer window though 😉 That was embarrassing don’t you think 😊 We will have to see who is more accurate, BT or Beryl.

2 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Sorry, couldn’t resist. You do remember the last day of the last transfer window though 😉 That was embarrassing don’t you think 😊 We will have to see who is more accurate, BT or Beryl.

Why was it embarrassing? Paul Warne has spoken a lot about how so many little things need to happen to get a transfer over the line, even out of his hands. He could make an account on this forum and tell us who we were going to sign based on his knowledge, and he still wouldn't have a 100% success rate.

Journalists report deals that will happen all year round, this time of year it's relentless, they don't all happen. However these journalists make a living reporting this, whereas people like Big Trav post things because it hopefully brings a bit of positivity. People like signings, and like talking about them otherwise the transfer threads wouldn't attract so much interest.

I'm not a fan of people who pretend to be ITK just for a bit of attention like you see a lot on Twitter, but BT has proven he does have some contacts or inside knowledge with what he's told us before. Just because every bit of information he gets doesn't result in a signing, doesn't mean it's embarrassing or deserves constant snipes.