January Reinforcements

sage

4 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

The point I was trying to make was it’s not just about money, it’s the pull of the manager

And the club, and the facilities, and the “project” (prospect of promotion etc), the location, the player’s family situations and so on.
Once again quite complex situations being reduced down to simple binary terms seemingly loaded against Warne. 
I watched an episode of “stick to football” earlier in which Gary Neville and co debate the transfer situation at a club and it made for interesting viewing. Included an amusing anecdote in which Keane tried to sign a player for Sunderland (Anelka maybe 🤔) who told Keane after meeting him for a couple of hours he needed to think about the decision, and as he got in his car and drove out the car park Keane got a text saying “I’m joining Bolton cause my wife wants to live in Manchester”.

Yes Warne and his style of football (or lack of) will play a part, but there’s more to it for the players, their families, and the agents involved.

12 minutes ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

And the club, and the facilities, and the “project” (prospect of promotion etc), the location, the player’s family situations and so on.
Once again quite complex situations being reduced down to simple binary terms seemingly loaded against Warne. 
I watched an episode of “stick to football” earlier in which Gary Neville and co debate the transfer situation at a club and it made for interesting viewing. Included an amusing anecdote in which Keane tried to sign a player for Sunderland (Anelka maybe 🤔) who told Keane after meeting him for a couple of hours he needed to think about the decision, and as he got in his car and drove out the car park Keane got a text saying “I’m joining Bolton cause my wife wants to live in Manchester”.

Yes Warne and his style of football (or lack of) will play a part, but there’s more to it for the players, their families, and the agents involved.

It was Matt Taylor.  Don't recall the Manchester bit thougth.

11 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

It was Matt Taylor.  Don't recall the Manchester bit thougth.

You’re right it was Taylor, he tells the story around the 45 min mark on this and mentions at the end Taylor told the media his wife wanted to live in Manchester 

It’s an interesting watch that one, Neville poses the question as to who should have final say on transfer at a club which sparks some good debate. Also the much maligned approach of wanting “good characters” comes up so it’s seemingly not just a Warne thing. 

Edited by Caerphilly Ram
Amended

15 hours ago, Big Trav said:

Have it on good authority that the 2 main targets are Dobra and CBT, but finances are difficult so unless some leave (Smith,Sibley etc) we aren’t getting them, and then it’ll be youngsters on loan and more than likely nearer the end of the window we see movement. Sorry to be a downer 

So we haven't got the money to bid for CBT or anyone? But Blackett-Taylor was at the training ground on Monday?

18 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

So we haven't got the money to bid for CBT or anyone? But Blackett-Taylor was at the training ground on Monday?

Those are the 2 players Warne has alluded to. All I’ve been told is that money is tight as we’ve decided to keep Cashin who was planned to be sold.

CBT wants to come to Derby, Warne wants him, Charlton want rid of him. It’s up to Clowes and Pearce to sort the finances out. 

1 hour ago, Big Trav said:

Those are the 2 players Warne has alluded to. All I’ve been told is that money is tight as we’ve decided to keep Cashin who was planned to be sold.

CBT wants to come to Derby, Warne wants him, Charlton want rid of him. It’s up to Clowes and Pearce to sort the finances out. 

Who are the 2 players?  Blackett-Taylor and ?

28 minutes ago, The_Sheriff said:

Who are the 2 players?  Blackett-Taylor and ?

BT reckons Dobra from Chesterfield. 

Fair play if that comes to light as there's nothing on social media to suggest he's a target.

48 minutes ago, TomTom92 said:

BT reckons Dobra from Chesterfield. 

Fair play if that comes to light as there's nothing on social media to suggest he's a target.

A quick look and he's always on the bench for them. Surely we don't want a bench warming national league player?

1 minute ago, The_Sheriff said:

A quick look and he's always on the bench for them. Surely we don't want a bench warming national league player?

This… if Warne has said they’d be starters surely a national league player that can’t get a look in is not a starter for us

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

25 year amortization should do the trick.....👍

40 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Maybe we should pick Warne’s replacement from the Saudi league as the managers over there don’t half manage to attract some players.

Reminds me of the Mrs Merton interview with Debbie McGee:

"So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?"

2 hours ago, Big Trav said:

So your ITK sources are saying it’s CBT and Dobra 😊 Time will tell BT 😉