Holiday Plans - 2024

Stagtime

Probably looking at a week in Paris (followed by a further week to chill out in Picardy) in May or June then a week in Northumberland in September.

I’d prefer to go somewhere a bit further afield but my wife isn’t a great traveller. I keep “threatening” to go away for a week touring on my own in order to indulge in my photography hobby (landscape so no smutty suggestions please 😀) which I think she grudgingly accepted last time I sort of mentioned it.

Nothing set in concrete as yet, but I strongly suspect a 2 week camping trip early June, and similar again early September, will make up the bulk of our 2024 holiday plans.  Looking at somewhere new (to us), and have one eye on the Alsace region, and half an eye on Lake Annecy.
The problem with that is that our son and his new bride are based on the opposite side (Les Landes) (when he's not over in Ukraine de-mining) so we may change plans to meet up with them.  
That's the beauty of such camping trips... nothing needs to be booked other than La Shuttle... and even that can soon be amended with ease.

• 1 month later...

Welcome to the thread. I've not managed to start one of these for a couple of years, but now is the time for many to start planning.

Here's what I've pencilled in

• February - Prague - Long weekend with the missus
  • April - Barcelona - Long weekend with the missus
  • June - Stalis, Crete - Week Away with the boys to enjoy the Euros
  • September - Stalis, Crete, Fortnight with the missus to get some sun for her birthday
  • October - Algarve, Portugal, extended break with missus and another couple. Maybe take golf clubs and get a round or two in.

1 hour ago, Mostyn6 said:

Welcome to the thread. I've not managed to start one of these for a couple of years, but now is the time for many to start planning.

• September - Stalis, Crete, Fortnight with the missus to get some sun for her birthday
  • October - Algarve, Portugal, extended break with missus and another couple. Maybe take golf clubs and get a round or two in.

Alan Whicker and Mostyn6 have never been seen in the same room.

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Be quicker telling us the weeks you'll be in the UK 😂

12 days in Germany for the group stages of the Euro's. 

Going to base ourselves in Dusseldorf at the start until we see where the draw places us and rail around Germany on the 49Euro monthly ticket. 

I've applied for tickets via the uefa ballot but apparently the 4 games in Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and Cologne are over subscribed by 3m people.......

44 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

12 days in Germany for the group stages of the Euro's. 

Going to base ourselves in Dusseldorf at the start until we see where the draw places us and rail around Germany on the 49Euro monthly ticket. 

I've applied for tickets via the uefa ballot but apparently the 4 games in Dortmund, Dusseldorf, Frankfurt and Cologne are over subscribed by 3m people.......

Scotland right? I admire your optimism 😂

After getting back from Tallinn where we spend Christmas, it's new year in the new pad in Carcassonne, Eindhoven in February, Lyon for Easter, Madrid in April, Bali in May, five weeks in Carcassonne in June / July and back there twice in September. That's it for now. 😏  Will try and get the Mrs drunk later though and talk her into some Italian interrailing in August.

Edited by admira

1 hour ago, admira said:

After getting back from Tallinn where we spend Christmas, it's new year in the new pad in Carcassonne, Eindhoven in February, Lyon for Easter, Madrid in April, Bali in May, five weeks in Carcassonne in June / July and back there twice in September. That's it for now. 😏  Will try and get the Mrs drunk later though and talk her into some Italian interrailing in August.

Do you and @Mostyn6 wave at each other as you cross paths at 30,000ft?