Holiday Plans - 2024

Stagtime

Thoroughly enjoyed the Carnival Lampegat in Eindhoven at the weekend. Possibly the most bonkers weekend I've ever witnessed, even more mad than Newcastle away 2009.

Almost everyone was in fancy dress and the beers flowed 24/7. I've been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans and that wasn't a patch on this, those Dutch are craaaazy!

Highly recommended!

Edited by admira

On 13/02/2024 at 12:52, admira said:

Thoroughly enjoyed the Carnival Lampegat in Eindhoven at the weekend. Possibly the most bonkers weekend I've ever witnessed, even more mad than Newcastle away 2009.

Almost everyone was in fancy dress and the beers flowed 24/7. I've been to Mardi Gras in New Orleans and that wasn't a patch on this, those Dutch are craaaazy!

Highly recommended!

The Dutch are indeed crazy. A friend of mine who has ginger hair went to a festival for redheads last year and had a brilliant time. He came second to a 6' 3" drag queen in a Stiletto race 😅

https://redheaddays.nl/

3 hours ago, Boycie said:

Sorrento in August me.

It's gonna be hot, Plenty of bars and eateries, The narrow streets with the Limoncello are very crowded, There's steps down to the sea/marina...they are a bitch to climb back up over 100 steps...very steep, Pompeii is a must...catch the train...all in all we had a great time 😊 we split up 3 months later 👍 

Edited by Ram-Alf

4 hours ago, Grumpy Git said:

Vedi Napoli e poi muori?

Yes I’ve heard it’s rough, 

1 hour ago, Ram-Alf said:

It's gonna be hot, Plenty of bars and eateries, The narrow streets with the Limoncello are very crowded, There's steps down to the sea/marina...they are a bitch to climb back up over 100 steps...very steep, Pompeii is a must...catch the train...all in all we had a great time 😊 we split up 3 months later 👍 

We honeymooned there 25 years ago.  I’m expecting at least a Lidl and Burger King in town now. 😃

2 hours ago, Ram-Alf said:

See Naples and di-vorce, eh?

• 1 month later...

Booked 4 days in Cologne for the end of June around the dates of England’s last group game. Belgium v Romania also in Cologne when we’re there. No tickets for any games but hoping I might be able to find some when over there.

Just booked 11 nights Cyprus (Nissi Beach) for the end of May half term, at our favourite hotel (Olympic Lagoon). I'm not making the same mistake as last year and going in August - waaaay too hot!.

Also have bought a new tent this year, after the previous one was damaged by getting covered in tree sap last spring - so will be doing a few camping long weekends in the UK from June-September.

3 hours ago, Kernow said:

Booked 4 days in Cologne for the end of June around the dates of England’s last group game. Belgium v Romania also in Cologne when we’re there. No tickets for any games but hoping I might be able to find some when over there.

I used to work for a German company,Bayer Leverkusen,and went to Cologne on an induction course,my father told me to look at the cathedral as he sang in an English choir when he was at school,and told me of the massive columns supporting the roof and how many children linking hands it took to surround one pillar.All that area was obliterated by english bombs in the second world war,but the bomb aimers left the cathedral untouched,hows that for accuracy.