To those of you going to Crewe on Sunday.....

RamontheMoor

I was running late last night, no lunch and no dinner, and grabbed a nice burger van cheeseburger outside. Scoffed before I got through the turnstile. Still hungry, so as the teams were coming out I grabbed a £6.50(?) chicken burger. I won't describe it, but suffice to say it was the single most disgusting thing I've eaten in years. Astonished I haven't had the thrupnys today and I left over half of it. Should have learnt my lesson after my cast iron pukka pie crust a few weeks back. Nah. I'm sticking to the burger vans from now on, far superior cuisine!

15 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

On the subject of scran {inevitably the voice inside my head says that in a strong scouse accent}, I got this at PP last night: picture doesn’t do it justice really and did enjoy it. Since when did we become all cordon blue? 😲

IMG_5170.jpeg

Waiting for @Boycie to complain that it's not gluten free 

49 minutes ago, Ellafella said:

On the subject of scran {inevitably the voice inside my head says that in a strong scouse accent}, I got this at PP last night: picture doesn’t do it justice really and did enjoy it. Since when did we become all cordon blue? 😲

IMG_5170.jpeg

It's a bit 'brown'. Bleurgh.

1 hour ago, MaltRam said:

I was running late last night, no lunch and no dinner, and grabbed a nice burger van cheeseburger outside. Scoffed before I got through the turnstile. Still hungry, so as the teams were coming out I grabbed a £6.50(?) chicken burger. I won't describe it, but suffice to say it was the single most disgusting thing I've eaten in years. Astonished I haven't had the thrupnys today and I left over half of it. Should have learnt my lesson after my cast iron pukka pie crust a few weeks back. Nah. I'm sticking to the burger vans from now on, far superior cuisine!

“…the thrupnys…”. 
Wonderful coin of phrase. One for the over 50’s there. Short for “thrupenny bit”. Pl. Thrupenny bits; Cockney rhyming slang for a loose bowel. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threepence_(British_coin)#:~:text=The British threepence piece%2C usually,⁄4 of one shilling.

I remember a hundred years ago and was absolutely starving and invested in a meat pie, was it at Ipswich or Norwich, not sure but it was at one of those grounds. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. However, the pictures on this thread have gone to a new level. I'm so grateful that I never eat inside a ground anymore. I am sure that whatever side of any arguments we are on, we all agree! That food inside a football ground is disgusting. Sleep well everyone.

8 hours ago, Yoxoram said:

I remember a hundred years ago and was absolutely starving and invested in a meat pie, was it at Ipswich or Norwich, not sure but it was at one of those grounds. It was the most disgusting thing I've ever eaten. However, the pictures on this thread have gone to a new level. I'm so grateful that I never eat inside a ground anymore. I am sure that whatever side of any arguments we are on, we all agree! That food inside a football ground is disgusting. Sleep well everyone.

Doubt it was Norwich - unless things have changed dramatically, Deliah used to oversee the pie offerings - last time I went I had a beef in red wine pie - absolutely lovely.....

9 hours ago, Ellafella said:

“…the thrupnys…”. 
Wonderful coin of phrase. One for the over 50’s there. Short for “thrupenny bit”. Pl. Thrupenny bits; Cockney rhyming slang for a loose bowel. 
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Threepence_(British_coin)#:~:text=The British threepence piece%2C usually,⁄4 of one shilling.

Growing up in Essex in the 70’s a nice pair of thruppenny bits meant something else entirely🤔

Pompey game, I had the munchies so got myself a cheeseburger in the East Stand concourse. Cob was stale, burger was cold and there was maybe 1 sq cm of cheese. Bloody awful. HT I was still hungry so had a Balti pie. The crust was crispy which I liked as it meant the pie didn't self destruct in my hand and the filling was very tasty indeed. 

Next time I'll have one of those excellent cheese and onion cobs and a pork pie in the Brunny. I won't need to eat at the ground.

The burger vans are still better value than the concourse. Better cobs, better burgers, excellent onion, foot long sausages are class. I must remember that in future.

12 hours ago, Ellafella said:

IMG_5170.jpeg

There's a good selection of grub at derby nowadays,they are spread out amongst the separate buying areas however,so very easy to miss if you traditionally stick to your closest serving area.

Shame they don't just get a local baker like birds or Stacey's to do the food throughout the stadium tho,having some decent fresh cobs or sausage rolls etc would be great and good for the local economy.