To those of you going to Crewe on Sunday.....

RamontheMoor

6 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

do you have evidence to the contrary? I've had similar at PP

No, I just wouldn't automatically assume it's genuine without any identifying features in the photo when I've seen similar posts doing the rounds that have been fakes.

To be fair, the red railing could be an identifying factor.

Rotherham(Millmore)I bought a pie, Bit into it and WTF, All warm liquid running down my chin, Aint having this, Took it back...mate this is a hot pork pie...yes I know he said...it's how we have em up here 😒

Birmingham, Hot pie in a silver bag, Opened and took a bite, Rock hard, Ended up on the floor...guessing it was re heated from the last home game 😡

Wembley food is sh!t

Morecambe have the best pies...Potts pies by far the best pies I've eaten at a football match.

Wigan after the game they sold the food that was left over at silly prices...pies, Sausage rolls...no complaints from me, I love a deal 😁

Had lunch in a pub at Wigan, Mixed grill, It came served on what looked like a dustbin lid...feck me took some eating 👍not the dustbin lid I might add 😁

10 hours ago, Sufferingfool said:

Growing up in Essex in the 70’s a nice pair of thruppenny bits meant something else entirely🤔

For those not so well educated, let me explain...

A pair of thrupennies = a sixpence.  The nickname for a sixpence was a tanner.  Tanner rhymes with spanner.  A spanner is also called a wrench in the suburbs of The United States of Cockinee .  The word "wrench" is, as near as damn it, identical to the word wench.  A wench was synonymous with a female woman... oft of ill-repute... and oft with large breasts.  (This was, of course, back in ye days of olde yore, well before it was considered ungentlemanly to refer to such personal anatomysticals!)

Erm... so, where was I?  Oh yeah... tits.  He's referring to tits.  So now yer know!

You're welcome.

*Ye olde custom of putting tanners in a Xmas pudding bears no resemblance to the above... unless it's being served up by a voluptuous wench, of course!  In which case, may I be the first to wish you a Merry bloody Xmas, everyone!  

MV5BMDA2MmJkY2YtZTI2Mi00N2ZmLWFjODctNzY5M2IxNzllYjVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDIzNDc0MA@@._V1_.jpg

Edited by Mucker1884

Threepenny bits. Rhymes with tits. Much in the same way Frog n Toad is Road, apples n pears is stairs, battle cruiser is boozer. 

Mucker's little journey is interesting and amusing and well thought out but threepenny bits and tits is Cockney Rhyming, pure and simple (the rhyming that is, not me owd Mucker 😉  )

Back in the 80's (84 I think) we were hammered 5-1 away at Barnsley. It is a match that has always stuck in my mind, not for the football but the half time soup. There was a hut on the away end selling some indescribable grey 'soup' ladled from a big vat that looked like it had come straight from the gulag, I swear to this day that I saw an eye ball floating in it

At the back of the Popside in the early 70s and longer we'd buy a cup of Beef Drink...Beef Drink my arse 😬, Anyway on a cold day is was a welcome warm up for your stomach, Until you got to the last swallow...then a slurry of thick mudish looking stuff, You could use it for planting your Roses 😁, Outside was the hot dog/ Burger sellers, Nowt like a soggy burger or a limp looking sausage to make your day 😁

We were served up with some crap in yesteryear without a single moan, I think that's what makes me pleased when I get a deal...👍 

1 hour ago, The Last Post said:

At the back of the Popside in the early 70s and longer we'd buy a cup of Beef Drink...Beef Drink my arse 😬, Anyway on a cold day is was a welcome warm up for your stomach, Until you got to the last swallow...then a slurry of thick mudish looking stuff, You could use it for planting your Roses 😁, Outside was the hot dog/ Burger sellers, Nowt like a soggy burger or a limp looking sausage to make your day 😁

We were served up with some crap in yesteryear without a single moan, I think that's what makes me pleased when I get a deal...👍 

Still do Bovril to this day, at PPS.

I was a regular wintertime user until a couple of years ago.  Far too salty for my delicately refined connoisseurialistic taste buds nowadays!  🤮

16 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

For those not so well educated, let me explain...

A pair of thrupennies = a sixpence.  The nickname for a sixpence was a tanner.  Tanner rhymes with spanner.  A spanner is also called a wrench in the suburbs of The United States of Cockinee .  The word "wrench" is, as near as damn it, identical to the word wench.  A wench was synonymous with a female woman... oft of ill-repute... and oft with large breasts.  (This was, of course, back in ye days of olde yore, well before it was considered ungentlemanly to refer to such personal anatomysticals!)

Erm... so, where was I?  Oh yeah... tits.  He's referring to tits.  So now yer know!

You're welcome.

*Ye olde custom of putting tanners in a Xmas pudding bears no resemblance to the above... unless it's being served up by a voluptuous wench, of course!  In which case, may I be the first to wish you a Merry bloody Xmas, everyone!  

MV5BMDA2MmJkY2YtZTI2Mi00N2ZmLWFjODctNzY5M2IxNzllYjVhXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDIzNDc0MA@@._V1_.jpg

I almost have tears flowing down from my eyes from laughing. Brilliant post. This is the best thread on the forum since forever.

12 hours ago, David said:

Well I'm sure they could cook the chips in animal fat to make you feel better, drop them an email 

The vegans won’t be bothered, if they want chips they’ll have a cheat day.  If their team wins it’ll be a dirty kebab on the way home too. Watch em deny it.

10 hours ago, The Last Post said:

Burgers in water. Boiled, for goodness sake.

I've just checked t'internets and it's still a thing. Some people love that soggy, deep-boiled finish. Allegedly.

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I've just checked t'internets and it's still a thing. Some people love that soggy, deep-boiled finish. Allegedly.

Certainly not something Egon Ronay would advocate but a belly full of ale...food was often needed 😬  The cob was soggy the burger was hot, Thank heaven for onions and ketchup 😁

Had a sausage roll at Everton from a bag that said contains 26% meat.  Also had a scouse pie at Liverpool that I assumed had a bottom, till I took the silver tray off and it spilt over my b******* at 100 degrees. Even the Levis and -5 temperature couldn't subdue it's wrath. Last time I try something exotic at football.

52 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Wrestlers beef burgers they came out of a tin and were warmed up in water.🤮

Any similarity between wrestlers beef burgers and real food is purely coincidental 

22 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

Wrestlers beef burgers they came out of a tin and were warmed up in water.🤮

Any similarity between wrestlers beef burgers and real food is purely coincidental 

Think you 'Westlers', unless it was a Big Daddy burger?