To those of you going to Crewe on Sunday.....

RamontheMoor

Went to the Baseball at the London Stadium a couple of months ago. 

An astonishing number of people were buying 2 foot long hot dogs and 2 foot trays of nachos as well as what looked like litre ‘glasses’ of beer! The amount of food and drink being wasted was obscene…..no wonder Americans are so obese….a burger or some chips looked like a slimming world diet in comparison!

22 minutes ago, Sufferingfool said:

Went to the Baseball at the London Stadium a couple of months ago. 

An astonishing number of people were buying 2 foot long hot dogs and 2 foot trays of nachos as well as what looked like litre ‘glasses’ of beer! The amount of food and drink being wasted was obscene…..no wonder Americans are so obese….a burger or some chips looked like a slimming world diet in comparison!

Toasted Grasshoppers, anyone?

cad06d67-8410-47b2-b7cf-ce958b8c8804.jpg?fit=700,700?fit=700,700

14 Crazy Foods You Can Buy at Major League Ballparks...

dirty-bastards-shake-head.gif

Oh ho some of us have been taking packed lunches for years , obviously sneaked in under the coat arm pit to avoid those over zealous stewards 

as in previous threads we like nothing more than taking some volauvants, fish or meat they’re the main two , savoury pancakes , cheese n pineapple on a stick( again take care with the cocktail sticks- if you blunt the ends most stewards are ok with them ) twin end sausage rolls and not forgetting of course some sticks of celery 

for sweet it’s maybe some of mothers baked Alaska or knicker boka Gloria - again take care as if you get a bit rowdy enroute to the ground it can turn into a sloppy mess 

at Christmas we like to take a cheese board selection too and maybe something festive like a nice bit of whisky soaked stollen 

I know this menu sounds a bit 80s but no one was laughing when we were rucking with the best of them and you needed something to aid you in battle , a swift voluavant to the eye always took the oppo by surprise 

16 hours ago, ariotofmyown said:

I find eating food at a ground, especially a 3pm home match, a bit odd. The longest most people would be near the ground is 2-6pm. I'm pretty sure these people don't tuck into a pie or burger around these hours on a non-matchday. 

So assuming that this food isn't actually required, how are people tempted by the overpriced rubbish on offer? You would think that to tempt people into this extra meal, the food would have to be very nice and/or reasonably priced. 

It's the 12-2.30 bit where I've had 4  pints that I wouldn't consume on a non matchday, that's normally the issue regarding the crap I eat at 5pm on a matchday

16 hours ago, LN747 said:

I know this menu sounds a bit 80s but no one was laughing when we were rucking with the best of them and you needed something to aid you in battle , a swift voluavant to the eye always took the oppo by surprise 

"..... a stale pork pie caught him in the eye

and Ernie bit the dust"

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

well? did anyone buy a burger?

No but I did overhear the guy in the queue behind me say to his mate : ‘for feck sake don’t buy the cheeseburger if you want to stay well’

I had a steak and ale pie. Ok only. Nowhere near as good as Carlisle