Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

22 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just a reminder for some people. Paul Warne has won automatic promotion from this league twice. But if we fail autos, Paul Warne has also won a playoff final in this league. He also won the EFL trophy which I think means he has 100% record in Wembley finals.  Just for those saying he doesn’t have the tactics to win the big games. 

But his tactics are boring and will ultimately drive people away 

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes it’s means he has pedigree at this level, has us right in the mix in a wide open season with us being second, you’d think we were midtable bottom half by some of the comments. 

If he doesn’t get us up this season then questions should be asked. The comments are the same every week and they are lazy. Banging on about style of play even when in some games we’ve actually played good football.

I was all set for him to go after that Stevenage defeat and said he needed an amazing run to keep in the job, he’s had that run and put us right in the mix. I don’t understand those who literally wait for us to drop points (some even don’t wait for that) to spout the same old crap. There are two teams in any game and Shrewsbury made that a right royal scrap and downright ugly, not Warne’s tactics IMO. 

I think he will get us up. I think he should get us up, his real test is how competitive can we be with him in the championship and on that I’m not convinced. But while he’s here I’ll continue to back him until it becomes abundantly clear we need a change and right now with us second in the league no one can say we need a change while keeping a straight face. 

But somewhere down the line isn’t going to the football about being entertained.? Someone compared watching us at the moment is like a visit to the dentist 🤔 Someone also asked when was the last time we played well at home. I honestly can’t remember. The fact I haven’t been this season speaks volumes. I travelled to away games under Jewell and Tan Man….just can’t muster up any enthusiasm to watch what is being served up at the moment.

5 minutes ago, Chellaston Ram said:

But his tactics are boring and will ultimately drive people away 

Anyone driven away from a promotion campaign to try and get out of a god awful league where every team sees you as a cup final and make everything a scrap, to be honest we’re better off without them. 

Seen enough decent performances and glimpses of us trying to play but lots of teams try to stop us playing. The Paul Warne style of play thing is a myth down to peoples perception of his time at Rotherham from those who never wanted him here.  Apparently the ball is in the sky more than on the ground at Derby these days with Paul Warne in charge. Not what I’ve seen. 

It isn’t Steve McClaren football, nowhere near, but we’re in league 1 still under restrictions, people need to stop comparing us to what we used to be. Yes we want to get back there and is he the man to do it, Jury is definitely out. 

In my mind it is bonkers we are having these debates on Warne when we’re second!! Just bonkers. 

41 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Just a reminder for some people. Paul Warne has won automatic promotion from this league twice. But if we fail autos, Paul Warne has also won a playoff final in this league. He also won the EFL trophy which I think means he has 100% record in Wembley finals.  Just for those saying he doesn’t have the tactics to win the big games. 

Just a reminder. Paul Warne also has a 100% record of being relegated from the championship at every attempt

7 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

But somewhere down the line isn’t going to the football about being entertained.? Someone compared watching us at the moment is like a visit to the dentist 🤔 Someone also asked when was the last time we played well at home. I honestly can’t remember. The fact I haven’t been this season speaks volumes. I travelled to away games under Jewell and Tan Man….just can’t muster up any enthusiasm to watch what is being served up at the moment.

For 55 mins against Burton which wasn’t that long ago. Second half today at times, Cheltenham was poor, but teams are making it difficult. The performances in November and December were probably the best home and away. Barnsley stands out, front foot pressing good football. 

That somewhere down the line will probably be when we’re in the championship, if we’re midtable bottom half or fighting relegation and the football is boring then entertainment factor becomes more relevant. Remember the GSE times under Nige when crowds dropped although at home we weren’t too bad under him and we beat the red dogs a few times.

5 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Just a reminder. Paul Warne also has a 100% record of being relegated from the championship at every attempt

With comfortably the lowest budget in the league each time. Got them looking reasonable before we took him, they stayed up in some way due to the wins he got early season, they’re now marooned at the bottom their normal position in the championship. 

I’ve said I’m not convinced he’s the man to take us forward in the championship but in case we need reminding - we’re not in the championship are we? 

14 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Yes it’s means he has pedigree at this level, has us right in the mix in a wide open season with us being second, you’d think we were midtable bottom half by some of the comments. 

If he doesn’t get us up this season then questions should be asked. The comments are the same every week and they are lazy. Banging on about style of play even when in some games we’ve actually played good football.

I was all set for him to go after that Stevenage defeat and said he needed an amazing run to keep in the job, he’s had that run and put us right in the mix. I don’t understand those who literally wait for us to drop points (some even don’t wait for that) to spout the same old crap. There are two teams in any game and Shrewsbury made that a right royal scrap and downright ugly, not Warne’s tactics IMO. 

I think he will get us up. I think he should get us up, his real test is how competitive can we be with him in the championship and on that I’m not convinced. But while he’s here I’ll continue to back him until it becomes abundantly clear we need a change and right now with us second in the league no one can say we need a change while keeping a straight face. 

For what it’s worth I agree with everything you have said!
Have held off coming on the forum tonight as I imagined it would be awash with negativity after today’s result. Yes it was disappointing….no it is not the end of the world!
From what I have seen attending all home matches this season there is little to choose between teams in this league. Most players across the board including ours are Div 1 standard and the football as a result is often poor, again ourselves included. We have however proved hard to beat and won a fair few games hence we are second. Narrow margins have won and lost us points. 
Attendances have remained astonishing and do not reflect the few on here who are feeling unable to attend. In reality this forum reflects the opinion of very few of our 26,000 core of support which is reassuring. 
Warne deserves to see the job out which this season is promotion. If it does not happen then is the time to decide on his future.

10 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Anyone driven away from a promotion campaign to try and get out of a god awful league where every team sees you as a cup final and make everything a scrap, to be honest we’re better off without them. 

Seen enough decent performances and glimpses of us trying to play but lots of teams try to stop us playing. The Paul Warne style of play thing is a myth down to peoples perception of his time at Rotherham from those who never wanted him here.  Apparently the ball is in the sky more than on the ground at Derby these days with Paul Warne in charge. Not what I’ve seen. 

It isn’t Steve McClaren football, nowhere near, but we’re in league 1 still under restrictions, people need to stop comparing us to what we used to be. Yes we want to get back there and is he the man to do it, Jury is definitely out. 

In my mind it is bonkers we are having these debates on Warne when we’re second!! Just bonkers. 

What have you seen then? How would you describe the majority of our performances? Off the top of my head we played well v Barnsley at home and Oxford away. We had a good 25 mins v Posh. I can’t remember any other games at all that we have controlled and won comfortably. I haven’t seen all of the games on tv, but quite a few. Perhaps I have just been unlucky 😊

6 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

For 55 mins against Burton which wasn’t that long ago. Second half today at times, Cheltenham was poor, but teams are making it difficult. The performances in November and December were probably the best home and away. Barnsley stands out, front foot pressing good football. 

That somewhere down the line will probably be when we’re in the championship, if we’re midtable bottom half or fighting relegation and the football is boring then entertainment factor becomes more relevant. Remember the GSE times under Nige when crowds dropped although at home we weren’t too bad under him and we beat the red dogs a few times.

Burton was ok first half but we were abysmal second half and were hanging on a bit towards the end. I think you are struggling a bit if you are including that game 😊

33 minutes ago, Chris_Martin said:

Good to see you back - have you been hiding up Gynweths gloop-hole since the last time you had your ar*e handed to you?

40 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

75% of the teams in this division are under permanent restriction.  If they turned over 50% of what we did they'd s*** their pants with joy. 

21 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What have you seen then? How would you describe the majority of our performances? Off the top of my head we played well v Barnsley at home and Oxford away. We had a good 25 mins v Posh. I can’t remember any other games at all that we have controlled and won comfortably. I haven’t seen all of the games on tv, but quite a few. Perhaps I have just been unlucky 😊

Solid. Competitive against teams in this league, to a standard that is very good compared with teams in this league. Don’t know what else you can expect, I haven’t seen us battered by anyone except Blackpool in the League Cup. We have the best goal difference in the league, the second highest scorers, best or 2nd best defensive record. 

You can throw Blackpool (A) Posh (A), Northampton (H), Exeter (H) Lincoln (H) Orient (A) Wigan (A) Burton (H) for 55 mins onto the good performance list. 

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

75% of the teams in this division are under permanent restriction.  If they turned over 50% of what we did they'd s*** their pants with joy. 

They'd s*** their pants with joy to be second as well.

4 minutes ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Limits what we can do against the 25% of teams we’re battling with for promotion though doesn’t it.

And a fair chunk of budget still made up of Liam signings. More freedom to wheel and deal pay transfer fees etc would enable us to get the young talents from league 1 and below. Blackett-Taylor is the only one we’ve managed so far, Posh’s team is stacked with them, and both Bolton and Pompey are spending cash outbidding us for players.

32 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Burton was ok first half but we were abysmal second half and were hanging on a bit towards the end. I think you are struggling a bit if you are including that game 😊

55 mins until an individual error for a goal gave them hope followed by a quick equaliser, caused by more individual errors,  a game we were in complete control of. Let them back in but found a way to get the win.

3 minutes ago, Crewton said:

They'd s*** their pants with joy to be second as well.

That's the whole point. With the wage size and player at the club and the facility that allows to change formation, we shouldn't be luckily chuntering past Cheltenham and Burton and drawing with a side who came for a point and should have been thoroughly punished with some game control when their plan disappeared up it's arse after 58 minutes.  Once maybe on an off day. The way we play against these teams has become a habit of agricultural head tennis and Cashin pumping it down the wing. We still had Nelson trying it today for a while. We played a side today who had conceded about 26 goals and got only 3 points from top 6 sides this season- guess who.  Now they have another.  

11 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Limits what we can do against the 25% of teams we’re battling with for promotion though doesn’t it.

And a fair chunk of budget still made up of Liam signings. More freedom to wheel and deal pay transfer fees etc would enable us to get the young talents from league 1 and below. Blackett-Taylor is the only one we’ve managed so far, Posh’s team is stacked with them, and both Bolton and Pompey are spending cash outbidding us for players.

I'm not talking about the 25 %.  I'm talking about the rest. Warnes brought in about 16 players this season and is still playing the bulk of Roseniors side. Blackett-Taylor shows that how he got to spend that money was under a fairly relaxed restriction.  That's on him.