Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

3 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

C. Typically require a loan fee....

I think it's more A and B  - if Burton Albion can afford the loan fee for a Prem academy striker then we can.   Look at transfermarkt and the loans other league 1 sides have - we've really failed to use the loan market in tne way other teams have. 

46 minutes ago, Mick Brolly said:

I've heard him take responsibility in many of his after match interviews 

When has he said tactically he got it wrong?  

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I’m pretty sure that’s not true and, perhaps not often enough, he’s accepted he’s at fault sometimes in his post match interviews.

When ? What faults has he admitted to ?   Im not talking about some vague collective responsibility line - I'm talking about analysing a poor performance in terms other than blaming the players for being below par.  

7 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

I think it's more A and B  - if Burton Albion can afford the loan fee for a Prem academy striker then we can.   Look at transfermarkt and the loans other league 1 sides have - we've really failed to use the loan market in tne way other teams have. 

Have you missed the >150 posts in countless threads discussing the financial restrictions we are under to meet the agreed business plan, no way would we want to spunk the last pennies in the pot on a loan unless it was the only option, not saying it won't happen, but doubt it is the 1st choice option.

I doubt anyone else other than Reading or Wigan have similar concerns,  so for Burton, if their owners want to spend they can...

21 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

When ? What faults has he admitted to ?   Im not talking about some vague collective responsibility line - I'm talking about analysing a poor performance in terms other than blaming the players for being below par.  

I’m not going to listen again to all of his post match interviews but I’m pretty sure, on occasions (as I say, probably not often enough) he has said “that was on me” or words to that effect.

Also, in the interest of balance, have you ever heard him take credit for a win?

Edited by Tamworthram

28 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

How often have you heard any manager say they got it tactically wrong? Rarely I’d suggest.

42 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

That forward Burton signed has only scored 1 goal more than Brown at U21 level this season and that's in a side which scored 10 past Sunderland as well as 5 against both Sunderland and Blackburn. We're looking for a better forward than who Burton target.

1 hour ago, trappatoni said:

That's fine just carry on with your one sided agenda/argument 

On 30/01/2024 at 13:28, Rich84 said:

Have you missed the >150 posts in countless threads discussing the financial restrictions we are under to meet the agreed business plan, no way would we want to spunk the last pennies in the pot on a loan unless it was the only option, not saying it won't happen, but doubt it is the 1st choice option.

I doubt anyone else other than Reading or Wigan have similar concerns,  so for Burton, if their owners want to spend they can...

People need to stop blaming finances.   However much money we have we have chosen to spend it one way rather than another.    The wages spent on some of our ageing signings who have barely contributed could have gone on loans.  We are the outlier in not doing that.

On 30/01/2024 at 13:50, Tamworthram said:

How often have you heard any manager say they got it tactically wrong? Rarely I’d suggest.

Neither do I hear many managers say they were carrying too many players, too many were losing individual battles, too many weren't doing the basics as often as Warne says these things.   

It's the same with his repeated mantra that players pick the side with their performances - to an extent of course that is true but also good managers get the best out of players.   Cashin was an example early season - played a formation where he was getting isolated out wide - since we've returned to a 4 he's been great.   

27 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Neither do I hear many managers say they were carrying too many players, too many were losing individual battles, too many weren't doing the basics as often as Warne says these things.   

It's the same with his repeated mantra that players pick the side with their performances - to an extent of course that is true but also good managers get the best out of players.   Cashin was an example early season - played a formation where he was getting isolated out wide - since we've returned to a 4 he's been great.   

I don't agree with your first comment about other managers not saying they were losing too many individual battles or didn't get the basics right. 

Generally speaking, IMO, nearly all managers real out the same reasons why games were lost: "we didn't move the ball fast enough", "we didn't win enough second balls", "we made a few sloppy mistakes", "we didn't create enough chances", "we didn't get the basics right", "we didn't win enough individual battles" etc. 

We'll have to agree to disagree but I don't think PW criticises the teams performance or fails to take responsibility noticeable more than other managers. 

9 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Lampard and Morris - not doing anything these days.

Or, if you prefer, how about McClaren and Simpson - Schteve won't be at United much longer.

Come on, it would be more fun than what we're going through, eh?

MissionFromGod.gif.4888c1f93a6ec3b9e4e19b847ba4ee5c.gif

"We are winning games and warnes a expert of getting teams out the league!" Has as much pulling power as a sloth on sleeping tablets! This is the window where we had to give him the chance 😂

13 minutes ago, Eaststander7 said:

Suppose it will be on quiet on here tonight? 🤫

Thanks, I wondered where this was. Dropped down a bit after all the transfer stuff.

Three in midfield makes Bird look decent, who'd a thunk it ay Paul? 😄