Warne Out Out

Birdyabroad

2 hours ago, SSD said:

Yesterday proved to me that I don't think Warne will cut it in the Championship. I am confident he will get us out of this division. Regardless of how terrible the performances have been recently, he is still accumulating points and we can't argue it. I don't think it takes a tactical genius to get this team out of League One. Big budgets matter and DC clearly told Radio Derby we have a competitive budget for promotion. Warne has had money to spend and if he doesn't get promoted then I think he knows where the door is.

The big elephant in the room is I have never seen a fan base so divided over a manager when we're clearly challenging for promotion. This has to ring alarm bells. The South Stand is a big indicator for me how the fan base is feeling and there's not many chant for the manager. It's been very flat in the noisy stand. A feeling of fear challenging in the league above. Ipswich and Plymouth last season showed they could win matches in League One and continued to play well in Championship. 

Call me Captain Doom, if we continue to bundling along winning games, I don't see Derby landing any blows in the Championship.

I agree I hope Warne gets us promoted then Mr Clowes is big enough to say Thankyou Paul but now we need a different manager/coach 

I DO NOT want Warne to spend our budget on players before a championship ball is kicked …I do not trust him to buy the type of players that a good footballing type of  manager would want 

Id want us to be bold and go for a current assistant who plays decent stuff …Leicester and Arsenal both gave oppurtunities to coaches who had never managed before and I’d like us to do the same 

14 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Warnock, no thanks.

Really?

It always surprises me when someone says no to him.

We would have had at least 1 more premier league season under our belt had we got Warnock instead of Lampard imo.

His football might not be too dissimilar from Warnes. But Warnock knows the game, has far more contacts than Warne. And if he can make Sol Bamba a premier league footballer he is capable of anything.

1 minute ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

Really?

It always surprises me when someone says no to him.

We would have had at least 1 more premier league season under our belt had we got Warnock instead of Lampard imo.

His football might not be too dissimilar from Warnes. But Warnock knows the game, has far more contacts than Warne. And if he can make Sol Bamba a premier league footballer he is capable of anything.

Yep.

5 hours ago, DerbyAleMan said:

Yes agree, but when Mr Cix took us up we had some very poor games i was there mate, and the season after in the old second division we smashed it, some great away days as a 15 year old as well like Stoke away, Oldham away and the best of the lot sheffield United away with 10000 Rams fans, great times indeed. 

Yes I was there also - great times travelling around 

2 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Yes, I prefer us to suffer and struggle. You got me there. I figure if we get rid of Warne the turmoil this will cause will probably get us relegated and then we'll go into an even longer decline.

Damn! If it wasn't for those pesky kids...

You do make stuff up. 😄

I have already said elsewhere I'd get Warnock in. And shame we missed out on Mowbray.

Keep planting those magic beans, Roy. One of them will work, for sure.

1 hour ago, tomsdubs said:

Dutch total football right there, totally s****.

I don't think Dutch managers have done that well in English football, the exception being Guus Hiddink.

Still feel bad for Cocu. COVID ruined the momentum we built, an empty pride park was awful and our home form dropped. Rooney packed up playing football during COVID and was overweight, essentially downed tools. He never had a proper crack (although he did think Mike Te Wierik was a good footballer)

The players weren't good enough to make Cocu's style work. So much possession with zero penetration. And always just one mistake away from an unrecoverable 1-0.

He's still to blame, though, either for not figuring that out, or simply being incapable of trying something else. 

5 hours ago, Nuwtfly said:

I wouldn't sack the manager because it's January and we're three points behind first.

I wouldn't sack the manager because he's not had a fully fit squad to select from all season.

I wouldn't sack the manager because there's absolutely no other obvious alternative available who we could bring in.

I wouldn't sack the manager because even the better managers you could identify are all under contract and therefore out of our price range.

I wouldn't sack the manager because we're in a promotion race, not a relegation one.

And I wouldn't sack the manager because it would destabilise the club at this current time. 

The most astonishing thing about this post, is that it had to be made. 

At the same time it's also comforting to read this from someone who shall we say is not enjoying the football, can see that any talk of replacing the manager at this stage in the season.....is well....all a little bit silly, given all the points above.

The time for talk over his future should take place in the summer.

15 minutes ago, David said:

The most astonishing thing about this post, is that it had to be made. 

At the same time it's also comforting to read this from someone who shall we say is not enjoying the football, can see that any talk of replacing the manager at this stage in the season.....is well....all a little bit silly, given all the points above.

The time for talk over his future should take place in the summer.

Yep, I think I've made it pretty clear what I think about the way we play under Warne. Not been impressed by his management of the team all season and I think we're pretty lucky to be so close to the top all things considered.

But he absolutely has earned, through results alone, to have this season to bring us promotion and, hopefully, turn the football around with some new players + some returning from injury. 

Sacking him now is just pressing a pointless self-destruct button. It's a unnecessary gamble.

Let's have another conversation about it as a fan-base in the summer, and depending what division we're in. 

8 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Just making the point that transfer fees out trump training facilities, our huge history and fanbase etc etc which you mentioned in your original post.

And obviously we don't have the resources of other league 1 clubs if one has outbid us for a player we were in for. 

Not necessarily. We may have come to a business decision on the player’s worth, and even though we had the resources to outbid the other side we were not prepared to exceed our valuation.

5 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Yep, I think I've made it pretty clear what I think about the way we play under Warne. Not been impressed by his management of the team all season and I think we're pretty lucky to be so close to the top all things considered.

But he absolutely has earned, through results alone, to have this season to bring us promotion and, hopefully, turn the football around with some new players + some returning from injury. 

Sacking him now is just pressing a pointless self-destruct button. It's a unnecessary gamble.

Let's have another conversation about it as a fan-base in the summer, and depending what division we're in. 

Sensible approach 😊