Francis Lee

SKRam

16 minutes ago, Elwood P Dowd said:

I remember that day they started fighting again going down the tunnel after being sent off.

RIP 

Franny said later that he realised he shouldn't have started it again but, as they walked off, he realised it would mean him missing the upcoming European Cup game and that made him so angry.

In those days, suspensions were across all competitions.

1 minute ago, IslandExile said:

Franny said later that he realised he shouldn't have started it again but, as they walked off, he realised it would mean him missing the upcoming European Cup game and that made him so angry.

In those days, suspensions were across all competitions.

Heard he and Hunter met for a meal on anniversary every year. Hope that was true. Maybe folklore 

31 minutes ago, Loughborough Ram said:

"Look at his face, just look at his face"

The first proper diver in English football but what a player. Dispite all of the brilliant things he did for the Rams, most of us will remember him best for disproving the myth that Norman Hunter was a hard man.

You summed him up well. 15 penalties one season. And no stuttering run ups . He tried to rip the net off with every one. Real down to earth bloke . RIP

Such sad news. It feels like a small part of me has died.

Dad tried hard to get me into football - first couple of matches in Brian Cloughs title year and the a season ticket for Mackay's title, but as youngster I was a bit meh.

Then Franny Lee thumped Norman Hunter and the BBG was the most exciting and loudest place on the planet. I was hooked and my interest in Derby County has never wained from that evening.

RIP Franny.

12 minutes ago, NottsRam said:

None of this, no celebrating when scoring against your old club for Franny 

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

Sod all that modern nonsense about not celebrating against your former club. 

Citeh had released Franny because - they said - he was too old - at 32!!!!

So it was especially sweet for the man to score the goal against them that - in a major way - led to his new team winning the title ahead of his former club.