Derby v Blackpool (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

Derby corner after good work from Nyambe. Bird on set piece duty, poor delivery 

...which left them with a very good opportunity to break, but they passed it straight at the only white shirt within a 15 yard radius 

One of those .. welcome to League One! moments

Edited by Kokosnuss

2 minutes ago, oodledoodle said:

And they'd looked like a good passing side for 5 minutes. Was what I said that controversial?

Because it’s a little too early in the game to be labelling them as a good passing team and us as a lump it team. That may be how the game pans out but some folk can barely wait for the game to start before criticising. I can’t help but think you’re hoping that’s the way the game goes.

Edited by Tamworthram

Just now, Kokosnuss said:

...which left them with a very good opportunity to break, but they passed it straight at the only white shirt within a 15 yard radius 

One of those .. welcome to League One! moments

You mean the excellent defensive positioning to stop the counter by Korey Smith that was in no way related to the terrible pass attempted? 😜 

2 minutes ago, trappatoni said:

Not sure - radio Derby seem to think Wilson us dropping into a back 5 out of possession - not there so cant judge  . 

Yeh he is slightly deeper when they have the ball whilst NML joins Collins & Bird in a press but in general its a 4231

1 minute ago, Caerphilly Ram said:

You mean the excellent defensive positioning to stop the counter by Korey Smith that was in no way related to the terrible pass attempted? 😜 

Aye. We made loads of them last season, and it's a mere coincidence that our defensive positioning typically improves when we play against worse teams 😉

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

Because it’s a little too early in the game to be labelling them as a good passing team and us as a lump it team. That may be how the game pans out but some folk can barely wait for the game to start before criticising. I can’t help but think you’re hoping that’s the way the game goes.

I didn't say we lumped it? What else am I meant to comment on other than the 5 minutes that had gone by at the time?

I'm only hoping we smash them 8-0.