Derby v Carlisle (A) Match Thread

Bwash_Ram

I heard you like polls  

190 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, Foreveram said:

She’s got more sense, she doesn’t like football.

She doesn’t mind helping me celebrate though, which is where we are going now, in Carlisle.

No, no, no, you're not supposed to celebrate. You're meant to ignore the win and pick apart the performance all evening, and for the next 6 days.

19 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I have no problem playing badly every now and then and winning. 

Not all victories under McClaren were swashbuckling. I seem to recall one week where we registered three 1-0 wins in succession over Sheff Wed, Bournemouth and QPR in 2013/14 and none of them were pretty.

But it’s a complete cop out from the manager to say he’d take 20 1-0 wins playing crap, because it justifies playing crap.

Warne is a poor coach. Or his coaches are poor coaches. Playing the way he does requires the least amount of technical coaching. 

I just don’t see any long-term benefits playing this way. At some point Warne will have to adapt. 

I can be on board if Warne is just a stepping stone to getting out of League One and then we turn to somebody like Mowbray to progress.

But I’ve seen enough of Warne to know we have a poor coach on our hands and no long-term future with him (unless our goal is to remain a lower half Championship struggler).

Couldn’t put it better myself. 

1 hour ago, RamLad1884 said:

You’re conveniently leaving out Ipswich right now, and Sunderland from the season before. Both of which didn’t play attractive football but are excelling in the championship right now 

Eh? Ipswich played powerful, dominant, attacking football last year? They had ‘other ways to win’ but that was the exception for them. 

19 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

You want the manager to accept the blame for a victory and clean sheet?

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to The Sky Generation...

Don’t be deliberately obtuse. I want the manager to accept blame for the horrific performance, which 9 times out of 10 would result in a Derby loss, and focus on improving it. Wilfully ignoring the performance just because we got a fortune 3 points (largely as Carlisle were crap) will lead us nowhere but down.

And who the f*** do you think you’re calling the sky generation?! I left my apartment in London at 7am this morning, won’t get back until midnight, and spent 8 hours and £100 in travel to watch that game today. Im gonna hazard a guess and say you probably didn’t do the same, as you prefer to spend your time on here bullying other forum members. 

Nothing annoys me more than that stereotype about “my generation”. We’ve been through hell and back with this football club, with almost no success in the last 20 years. But because we dare question the s**** performances of the team, we’re the problem? As I said to your other half on here, you keep your head in the sand, the rest of us won’t. This team is going nowhere playing like that, absolutely nowhere.

FWIW, I remember you making similar comments to me when I was critical of Mel Morris’ running of the club a few years back. Think that tells everyone all they need to know about you. 

4 minutes ago, IlsonDerby said:

Eh? Ipswich played powerful, dominant, attacking football last year? They had ‘other ways to win’ but that was the exception for them. 

They also needed some time to build out of League 1. Know several Ipswich fans and they have had their share of strife ahead of promotion last season. 

41 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I have no problem playing badly every now and then and winning. 

Not all victories under McClaren were swashbuckling. I seem to recall one week where we registered three 1-0 wins in succession over Sheff Wed, Bournemouth and QPR in 2013/14 and none of them were pretty.

But it’s a complete cop out from the manager to say he’d take 20 1-0 wins playing crap, because it justifies playing crap.

Warne is a poor coach. Or his coaches are poor coaches. Playing the way he does requires the least amount of technical coaching. 

I just don’t see any long-term benefits playing this way. At some point Warne will have to adapt. 

I can be on board if Warne is just a stepping stone to getting out of League One and then we turn to somebody like Mowbray to progress.

But I’ve seen enough of Warne to know we have a poor coach on our hands and no long-term future with him (unless our goal is to remain a lower half Championship struggler).

Very well said, couldn’t have put it better myself. I see NO long term future with Warne at the helm. The only sure thing is the downright abysmal football being churned out week after week, that a coach justifies as « playing at the level we are at ». Piss poor excuse if you ask me. Plenty of teams with far lesser means play better stuff. L1 is no longer the generic everyone plays hoofball, believe it or not, quite a few teams try to play, unless you are Derby under Warne of course. 

Edited by DanS1992

2 hours ago, Comrade 86 said:

If winning the next 20 matches would result in despair, I suggest seeking therapy. We've won away from home, we've kept a clean sheet and Collins has shown that Waggy is not the only striker in form at the club. The performance wasn't great I concede, but your relentless melodramatics are starting to wear very thin.

Here's the post...

2 hours ago, lrm14 said:

Miles off the mark with your assessment on what I think but no worries.

Which bit am I miles off on pal?

And wasn't it you getting chippy with me for not qualifying opinions 😂

3 minutes ago, On the Ram Page said:

Rather you stayed off the forum with your ugly views

Yeah pointing out that the football is naff, and the we are going nowhere under Warne counts as an « ugly view »… nice to see that some people have a very low entertainment threshold (you must be a barrel of laughs..). If you can’t take differing opinions, I would advise you to stay of the forum and stick to commenting on the DT…. Or you can try to formulate an answer which may convince me to accept that Warne and his footie are the way forwards, without using the same old excuse that « we are lucky to have a club » and « we have no money ». Good luck with that.

17 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

They also needed some time to build out of League 1. Know several Ipswich fans and they have had their share of strife ahead of promotion last season. 

Yeah true but they quickly changed when they felt that they weren’t moving in the right direction until they struck gold with McKenna and then backed him. Lucky or brave? but my point was only that they played good football last year whereas the post I was replying to suggested they didn’t. 

9 points from 4 away from home. The one we lost, we had a player wrongfully sent off and had at least one stonewall penalty turned down. Bolton were the better team, but if the referee performed better then the chances are we would’ve won that too.

The home form needs work but I think that’s easier to turn around than home form.

If we keep up over two points a game away from home, I’m almost certain we will be too 6 at worst. We need to get out of this league then worry about things like how we play later. Like others have said, if we are winning I don’t really mind how we play, it’s when we play poor football and fail to win, that’s when the problems come.

For all the lusting over the possession football of Rosenior, if he had picked up 9 points from the first 4 away games rather than just 2 points, he would probably still be Derby County’s manager now.